Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

๐Ÿงธ

Optimisticempath May 27th

sooooooo ๐Ÿ’€

does someone teach you to talk? about yourself? your feelings? WITH OTHER PEOPLE??? as in when people can hear you talk about how YOU feel??๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿคฏ

[do people even wanna hear??.....]

...where are people learning that? about all this talking and expressing stuff? how do people know that?? how do some people make it look easy to talk and communicate and be mature about their feelings and expression??

do you not isolate yourself and shut down when you are bothered with something instead of talking about it with the botherer?????ย 

is that not normal to do??ย 

do you not cry alone about stuff like this??

HOW???

day idk what number of asking what life classes did I miss smh!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜”

mytwistedsoul May 27th

@Optimisticempath Believe it or not I think people that grow up in happy functional families (kind of weird to see those 3 words together) learn as they grow. Their parents validate their feelings and welcome talking about them. Some of us grew up not feeling safe to share our emotions. We're taught to keep them to ourselves because the people closest to us don't want to hear it. Or they tell us that what we feel isn't right. We're afraid of being judged or rejected because past bad experiences have taught us that's what happens. Most of time we're not even taught how to identify them. How can you talk about something when you're not even sure of what it is? Or if it's right?ย 

You're not alone with this. I isolate and shut down too because it's what feels safe. I'll deal with it on my own because nobody else is going to stick around to help anyway or it just becomes fuel for them to use against me. I'm sure others here have the same problem with it too โค๏ธ
Optimisticempath OP May 28th

@mytwistedsoul

yeah pretty weird seeing those 3 together...is that even a thing? lmao *cries in trauma*๐Ÿ’€

Soul?! how do youu....you just... you ..๐Ÿฅบ it's as if you knew what I meant and you said it and understood what I didn't say here directly too... you just knew ๐Ÿฅบ this is ...so true and relatable and sad that you know it so well and it hurts my heart that you relate too ...๐Ÿ˜” *keeps hugging you tightโคโค

mytwistedsoul May 29th

@Optimisticempath ๐Ÿ˜ž It's sad knowing that so many of us didn't have or weren't given the things we needed or deserved when we were growing up.We weren't given the right tools to become well rounded adults. We didn't cause our damage but yet as adults we're expected to fix it. And along the way we find or get damaged more ๐Ÿ˜ž It's like an endless steaming pile of cr*p. And we wonder why we're tired. Every day literally is a battle

I'm so sorry you grew up like this too OptiBear ๐Ÿ˜ž โค๏ธ *hugs you tight* lots of love to you โค๏ธโค๏ธ
Optimisticempath OP June 1st

@mytwistedsoul

exactly ๐Ÿ˜” it's weird because some people don't understand that not every adult looking human isn't a well functioning adult....whatever that even means... people just expect so much...without knowing much about us...im so tired of trying to fit in and be what they think is a functioning human ... but idk if its working all too well lmao ๐Ÿ˜”

Soul you just said it all๐Ÿฅบ me relates and understands just how eww it is to be in this spot....feet's stuck xD been so long being stuck here smh ๐Ÿ˜ญ

*keeps hugging you tight* lots of luvvโคโค we trying our best Soul it counts...ok tbh....sometimes im not trying....im just really existing :/ ...but ik you are for yourself and many otters too and it counts Soul...so much ....im proud of you โคโคโคโค

Tinywhisper11 June 2nd

@Optimisticempath @mytwistedsoul hugs you both โคโค after reading your messages, I'm kinda wondering why I talk so much๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Cnguyen1 May 29th

@Optimisticempath

Hi there! I feel like it's a lot of shame, like when you look really inward.ย 

It's a good point you make with the botherer. People are ***-bent on shaming others, it's hard enough to work on ourselves/cry alone/be bothered/not have hugs..

With 7 Cups, crying feels like an illusion, but it's very visceral and Real?

But I feel you there. Life classes?? Like they have poetry and all of the life classes, but yeah!! ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŒธ

Optimisticempath OP June 1st

@SunLionheart ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

i appreciate your reply ๐Ÿฅบ its all just too hard and even a little kindness means a lot so thank you for taking the time to read the very dis organized stuff i wrote when i was really panicky and for your reply ๐Ÿฅบ

lack of hugs you say ๐Ÿ˜ฎ *endless supply of opti's huggles for you*๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

how are you doing btw? if ok to ask๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Cnguyen1 June 2nd

@Optimisticempath

Aww thank you. I'm not sure. I feel pretty tired rn, and my teeth are really hurting, so I feel like I'm going to fall asleep pretty soon. ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช

I know I'm not doing too well. But yeah! I swear it's not because of anyone. Maybe my dad. I'm just looking to the next day forward, if that makes sense!

I know if I'm really hurting, I don't like to show it! maybe you can relate, idk.. ๐Ÿงธ so idk! it hurts, and I'm getting tired of not knowing, yet knowing all the answers. Like with eczema, I know what hurts me, but I continually keep on doing the same thing, and that hurts.

i'm in emotionally abuive relationships and that counts as one, but you lose that sense of richness, if you could do things with me, and yeah! Dunno if that makes esnse. i hope it do.

Tinywhisper11 June 2nd

@Optimisticempath wraps you up in a cosy blanket and cuddles you up โคย  Sometimes venting and opening up can really help, sometimes it can make things worse. but I don't think it's ever easy for anyone. But nope the only thing no-one can prepare you for, the only thing youย  missed is...... Giant tiny hugs ๐Ÿ˜โค gives you a giant tiny hug โค squeezes you tightly โค it's ok sweetie everything will be ok, you'll open up to people in your own time โค

WhatNameidk June 2nd

Talking about your feelings is just one option

Keeping it internal is a sign of strength

Don't underestimate yourself - you can look at other people and think oh they must be doing things better than me etc but you don't know what is behind it

What I mean to say is you probably need to find your own value, its there, rather than believing you don't have it because you are not a certain way

ย