Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Listeners

CyclingThroughLife September 30th, 2023

I have been contemplating contacting a listener for some time now. I'm not quite sure how that works. I feel as though my issues aren't at a point where they require immediate, one on one response. I've done a lot of "searching" listener profiles looking for the right individual, "life experience" so to speak, that I think will understand where I am coming from. I am looking for someone who can help with work stress and burnout. I have talked to people in the past, and felt they didn't get where I was coming from or understand what I was having issue with. I am also wanting just one person who will work with me, rather than try to explain my situation to a different person each time I decide I need a listener. Two or three names keep coming up in my searches and I have contemplated contacting them, but I wasn't sure if I could being as they weren't online and I wasn't in immediate need of a listener. I also don't want to take away from someone who may need that immediate listener. I guess what I'm looking for is someone who will allow me to write out my vent, as I need it, and put in their two cents when they can. Like a back and forth message, but it doesn't need to be "live" so to speak. Is this even a thing? I'm just thinking out loud here, contemplating options. Maybe I need a post for everyone to read and put in their comments and ideas instead of a listener, but I'm not sure if that is what "I" need, if that makes sense. Anyway, thanks for any help or ideas anyone can offer.

Rui00 October 1st, 2023

Hi @CyclingThroughLife ! There are a few members that prefer that kind of support and that's totally okay. I'm sure that if you contact a listener and explain them what you want they can provide that kind of support.

I hope you find what you need 💙.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 1st, 2023

Hey hey @CyclingThroughLife it's good to see you again.

Back n forth chats are definitely a thing hehe, a lot of listeners prefer this kind of an arrangement too, when they aren't available for live chats too often.

I feel an offline-backNforth kind of arrangement allows enough space for the member to share or vent about their thoughts, feelings, anything on their mind freely, in an uninterrupted manner.

As suggested by others, you can browse for different listeners, some do mention in their bio about their availability and comfort with offline/ backNforth chats too, or you could reach out to them seeking their thoughts on this arrangement, and how y'all would like to proceed forward.

Ooh and there's plenty of listeners here for everyone, your need for support even in not-live manner is equally valid and significant, and you deserve receiving good support also. So do feel free to reach out to listeners you'd like to confide in. 💛

SunShineAlwaysGrateful October 1st, 2023

@CyclingThroughLife

You need require a long term listener who have a texting type not live chats. Live chats often tough ti schedule and takes longer awaiting responses on both parties. That would work for you. It is easiest for sure. The long term nature helps as well as you build rapport.

bigBlanket63 October 1st, 2023

@CyclingThroughLife Hello. I am a long-term, verified listener that can offer this mode of support for you. Please let me know if this is something you're considering and message me if you'd like.

OwlsSanctum October 2nd, 2023

Heya mate,

I have personally gone through burnout many times, and currently work directly in Mental Health Promotion within Workplaces. Although I am not a therapist or a counselor, I understand the field fairly well. I also do most often appear offline, and support only a few long term individuals in a similar format as what you are looking for. Do feel free to reach out if I can help.