Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to Make Friends After Bullying – Yep, It’s Possible! 🫶

kabir22 September 26th

Hey lovely people! 🌟

Okay, let's be real for a second—making friends after being bullied can feel like climbing a mountain in flip-flops. 🩴 It’s tough, and sometimes you wonder if you’ll ever reach the top. But guess what? You can, and you will. I’ve got your back with some tips to help you navigate this journey. Let’s dive in, shall we?

1. Start with Self-Acceptance (You’re Amazing, Period)

Easier said than done, right? But honestly, you’ve been through something tough, and you owe yourself a bit of love. Take a moment to look in the mirror and say, “I’m worth knowing. I’m worth loving.” Because you are. Spend time doing the things that make you feel you. Whether it’s reading, painting, or watching that same sitcom for the tenth time—do it unapologetically.

2. Find Your Tribe (Safe Spaces, Anyone?)

I’m talking about those places where you walk in, and nobody expects you to be anything other than yourself. Maybe it’s a local book club, a hiking group, or an online community where you can geek out about your favorite show. Shared interests make it so much easier to start conversations without all that pressure of impressing someone. Trust me, finding your tribe makes all the difference.

3. Talk About the Little Things (Big Things Come Later)

You don't have to start with a TED Talk about your life. Try simple stuff like, “Hey, do you like pineapple on pizza?” 🍍🍕(And if they say yes, well, you’ve just found someone with impeccable taste.) Building friendships can start with these small, light-hearted conversations.

4. Be Honest (But No Need to Spill the Beans Right Away)

It’s okay to let people in, but only when you feel comfortable. You don’t owe anyone your whole story, but sharing bits and pieces when you’re ready can help build real connections. It’s like slowly peeling back layers of an onion… except without the tears (hopefully).

5. Set Boundaries Like a Boss 🛑

Listen, you’ve already been through enough. It’s perfectly fine to have boundaries and to stick to them. If you’re not comfortable talking about something, say so. Real friends will respect that, and if they don’t, well, they’re probably not worth the energy. You deserve people who make you feel safe and respected.

6. Explore the Digital Universe (Making Friends Has Never Been So Wi-Fi Friendly) 📱

Online communities can be a lifesaver when meeting people face-to-face feels like scaling Everest. Whether it’s joining a fandom, gaming group, or a forum for your favorite hobby, there’s a whole world out there ready to welcome you with open arms (or, you know, enthusiastic emojis 🤗).

7. Be Kind, Be Yourself, and Be a Little Weird (Seriously, It’s the Best Combo)

The most beautiful friendships are built on authenticity. Don’t hide the parts of yourself that you think are “too much” or “too weird.” Love binge-watching cat videos at 2 a.m.? Great. Enjoy talking to your plants? Awesome. The right people will find your quirks endearing, I promise.

8. Remember That Not Everyone’s a Jerk (I Promise)

It’s easy to put up walls when you’ve been hurt, but not everyone’s out to break them down. Some people genuinely want to know the real you. Give them a chance—but keep that protective armor handy, just in case. ⚔️

9. Patience, Grasshopper 🐛

You’re not going to become best friends with someone overnight, and that’s completely okay. Relationships take time to build. Every time you put yourself out there, even if it’s just a little “hello,” you’re making progress. Celebrate those small wins—they matter more than you think.

You’ve Got This! 🌈

You’re more than the stuff you’ve been through. You’re resilient, you’re strong, and there’s a world of potential friends out there just waiting to meet you. So take a deep breath, put on that brave face (even if it’s a little wobbly today), and remember—you’re not alone in this journey. We’ve got your back. 💪

Anyone else got tips, stories, or a good pineapple pizza debate to share? 🍍🍕 Let’s hear them! Your voice matters, and who knows, you might just find a friend right here. 💛

Tagging some so this can be used as reference whenever needed - @Hope @ASilentObserver @MelodyoftheOcean @Heartsandrosesandpaws @SparkyGizmo @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @coolvibes @Boon4U

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 26th

@kabir22

Thank you for tagging me, Kabir. This is such a fun read, how you've managed to put so many wonderful tips together in an engaging, creative way is so so commendable.🥰

Always gotta keep that protective armour ready though, yes! xD 

kabir22 OP September 26th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Thank you, Sun, for taking the time to read it through! I truly appreciate it 💚💛. I noticed there weren't many posts on this topic, so I thought I'd share to help those who might be struggling. After all, with such an amazing community, why not foster a stronger sense of friendship and support one another?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 26th

@kabir22

Such a pro-trait to have, identifying gaps and filling them up. Yes, there aren't many posts on trying to regain some sense of semblance and trust in people again after experiencing some kind of bullying, and to be open to making friends with people, so brilliant job at noticing and delivering so much compassion. Way to go, youuu!💛

coolvibes September 26th

@kabir22 thank you so much for tagging me.  Wonderfully encouraging and totally relatable. I can tell your going to leave your mark in the community with all you have to offer.

kabir22 OP September 26th

@coolvibes

Ah, you're too kind! 😊 I’m just doing my bit, and it’s encouraging to know it resonates with you. This community has so much heart, and I'm just happy to be part of it. Let’s keep lifting each other up!
MelodyoftheOcean September 26th

@kabir22

I love this, thank you for tagging me, Kabir.

The topic is so important, especially as many people on here have experience with it.

All the best to you 🌈

kabir22 OP September 27th

@MelodyoftheOcean
Thanks Mel! Just trying to do my best! I appreciate the wise and kind words! 

AnnaSilverberg September 26th
@kabir22

Amazing! 
What a fantastic post you've made, Kabir 😊 
Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us!

✨💙✨
kabir22 OP September 27th

@AnnaSilverberg
This reply is so sparkly....my eyes...my eyes...! Thanks Anna!

@kabir22 thank you Kabir for your proactive efforts to draft the post on the topic. Much needed discussion. I appreciate your help and thoughtfulness. <3 

kabir22 OP Monday

@ASilentObserver

kabir22 OP Monday

@ASilentObserver
Glad I could help!