Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

No More Food

decisiveVase00 September 10th, 2016

TRIGGER WARNING

So lately I've been wanting to starve myself. Not eat at all. I've managed to cut it down to only eating a small lunch and dinner. But I want to go further.

I've been upset with my body for a long time. I've always felt tall and clumsy and disgusting. Always have wanted to lose weight. Be skinnier.

I don't believe people when they say that I'm normal or skinny.

I want to be smaller.

And now I'm determined. No more eating.

I'm just wondering if that's even an eating disorder though. Like I lack so much self control. And I don't really ever exercise. I just want to starve myself. Maybe soon I'll start exercising...

Markysim1 September 10th, 2016

@decisiveVase00 I'm not sure how old u r, or yr body type but not eating is really bad, u must eat yr. normal amount of calories, u see when u do starve yr self yr body goes in to starvation mode and when u eat instead of burning it out yr body stores it as fat for when yr hungry, anyway good luck

CherryMarie96 September 11th, 2016

@decisiveVase00 starving= storing fats. I'm 5'9 feet myself meaning 175cm. Im a big size girl so i think i can understand your feeling. These days I'm regularly going to gym, looking out what im eating. Instead of starving yourself, the best way to lose weight is by increasing protein intake, fibre intake and minimize your carbs intake. Idk what u eat for lunch and dinner but its best to have good breakfast, lunch and very light dinner. Eat 4-5 times but in small portions. I started my diet this august. And in about 1 month, proper food intake and regular exercise ive managed to lose [edited by Anomalia to remove weight specifics] kgs already. So best of luck, instead of quitting food ( you might get slim this way but u will get fat as soon as u start eating properly again plus it's very bad for health) try adopting healthier food like instead of white rice, eat brown rice or quinoa, eat greek yogurt instead of plain yogurt, switch sugar with honey, eat chick peas and other grains. Eat fish like salmon and chicken for protein in take. Etc.. And also work out. It can be anything as long as its burning calories but best is cardio. U can join gym or u can do swimming, riding bicycle is good too. Or do dance etc. any activity which requires physical involvement. GOODLUCK

hopefulRainbows30 September 11th, 2016

@decisiveVase00 Hello there! It seems that you are really, really determined to control your body image. Mhm, but maybe you want to talk to a professional about this...

decisiveVase00 OP September 11th, 2016

I'm not sure that I made myself clear. And I don't really know how to explain how I'm feeling.

I just know that I want to stop eating because it punishes.

I know that eating nothing can just end up making you fatter. But honestly I don't even care. The sight of food disgusts me. I don't want to eat anymore.

SelfDestructiveReconstruction September 15th, 2016

@decisiveVase00 Honestly I can relate, and I haven't really gotten a soulution for these feelings yet, either...I mean I've been doing better by trying this thing where I pretend my body isn't mine, it's someone elses and I'm just looking after it for awhile. So I kind of guilt myself into takeing care of 'my' body. Like, Treating others things with respect and trying to give it the best care possible, Almost like a friend went away on vacation and asked you to take care of their pet cat or dog while they were gone...

It helps to some extent, and at the very least makes it easier to justify my force feeding myself. And hell, it pretty much makes self harm a hella'v a lot harder. TvT;

Anomalia September 15th, 2016

@SelfDestructiveReconstruction - I love that tactic - I used to do something very similar with mean thoughts. It's so much easier to say hateful things to yourself than someone else, so I've found that when I'm being especially hard on myself, it's easier to think about what I would say if it was a friend who was in this situation and how I would treat them. I love this as an extension of that idea - treat your body as though it's a friend, too.

Thanks for sharing your trick, and I hope that with time it gets easier for you to take care of yourself for you and not just for a friend. :)

lovingLynx89 October 2nd, 2016

@decisiveVase00

That is possible for a while but to be fair, I would take a look at the possible consequences of this approach. You can get sick to the point where you may not be able to make decisions on your own body. After that you can really lose control of the situation and the way you would look. I hope you take a healthier approach that would help you thrive and look and feel your best!:)