Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Screwed up again

ShellyZz May 13th

I had a video hearing with a disability judge today.  I was waiting for the email link and it never came.  I called them about 15-20 minutes to see if they sent the link or not.  They said it was sent on the 9th.  I don't remember seeing anything like that on the 9th so I can only guess it went to junk mail, which I delete every few days since I get so much of it.  Now I have to wait and hope the judge will give me another chance.  I just feel so bad for wasting everyone's time and once again screwing up.  I could have sworn I was told they'd email the day of the hearing.  And then to make matters worse I still hear my mothers voice.  Laughing at me telling me see I told you, you are a waste of space and can't ever do anything right.

I just hate myself so much right now.  And now I have to wait longer to see if one the judge will give me another chance, and two I have to wait longer to see if I can even get disability.

HopieRemi May 14th

@ShellyZz

Fingers crossed! Sounds frustrating! I hope it works out!!

ShellyZz OP May 15th

@HopieRemi thank you, I hope the judge will give me another chance

HopieRemi May 15th

Sending positive beams your way

AffyAvo May 14th

@ShellyZz That's really frustrating and he system should have more in place to avoid such issues. 

I had a medical related online chat this month. The nurse confirmed over the phone that I had received the email days beforehand, plus she sent the email again a little before the appointment. They really should be doing something like that to ensure a disability hearing goes as smoothly as possible!

I hope you get the benefits you need!

ShellyZz OP May 15th

@AffyAvo I wish they did that too.  And I feel bad for wasting the judges time since the email was most likely deleted in the spam folder.  Now I know to watch out next time.

MistyMagic May 15th

@ShellyZz that is so frustrating, I hope it works out well in the end. But, you certainly are not a waste of space Shelly, I know how easy it is to start believing what others say, so please stay strong, we are here if you want to chat, or vent.

Listening - One Step At A Time!

ShellyZz OP May 15th

@MistyMagic Thank you for your kind words.  I'm still working through it and trying to stop that way of thinking, most days it does seem better, this site also makes it easier since I have people that actually listen and answer back.

ShellyZz OP July 1st

Got a letter of Order of Dismissal.  So because of my stupid mistake it looks like I still won't be getting disability.  I hate myself

@ShellyZz. Can you reapply In the future?

ShellyZz OP July 1st

@adventurousBranch3786  I believe so

@ShellyZz. I hope that what you learned from this application process will be helpful to you if you decide to apply again.

AffyAvo July 12th

@ShellyZz How frustrating that they can't be more accommodating!

I meet with someone via zoom most weeks and sometimes it just won't work, sometimes my end, sometimes his, sometimes both. I've even had it up and running and as soon as he connects it forces an update on my end. There have been multiple times we had to last minute reschedule due to technical issues.

It seems very odd they have no options for tech issues (including missing emails), or you could have even been too ill that day other than to just decline.

Wishing you a smooth approved application next time!