Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My little disability space [TW]

AvyIsKing December 16th, 2023

Hi! My name is Avy. I'm 15 years old. Basically I am going to use this space to rant about pain, the affects of my disability, and weird little things about it no one notices. 

Let me explain my story a little bit:

So in 2021 I was playing soccer and I got stepped on, and then stepped on again early 2022. I went to my doctor and she sent me to an orthopedic doctor. That was when the surgeon said he was surprised I hadn't been to see him sooner. Because of my injury I ended up with severe tendinitis and arthritis in my foot. I was sent to physical therapy. Through months of intense physical therapy 4 times a week and going to the surgeon every 3 weeks, he figured this out. I have naturally high arches, it runs in my family. But for some reason the tendons in my foot stopped growing when I was about 7. Which explains why my feet have always hurt. As I'm getting older and taller it's getting worse and one day the tendons in my feet will snap. I also have tri-pod foot (that's what he called it) from my heels being misaligned. Basically only 3 really small points on my feet ever touch the ground. Not even my toes 😨. I've gone through 2 pairs of inserts, I do physical therapy every dang day, and nothings working. Basically now my only option is surgery. Since I've been limping for 2 years my knee has been affected and so has my hips. This whole process has been really isolating and discouraging. I kind of just want it over. 

Anyway lots of weird things happen so I'll share them here!

Tinywhisper11 January 20th

@AvyIsKing I love you ❤

AvyIsKing OP January 20th

@tinywhisper11 I lovey you too (:

AvyIsKing OP January 20th

I'm hurting today. I left my house  for the first time today since last Monday. I got icecream and a stuffed animal for my boyfriend which I'm going to snuggle for him. Apparently my feet vend in when I walk which it's bad. 

Just sore. I bruised the bone on my other ankle last night. 

Tinywhisper11 January 21st

@AvyIsKing icecream??? I like icecream. Where's my ice cream???? I think it's time to get a wheelchair, wheelchairs are fun, you get to run people over😁 hugs you better ❤

AvyIsKing OP January 21st

@Tinywhisper11

thing about a chair is i only have 1 good hand ):

and its double chocolate with brownie bits and brownie batter

@AvyIsKing yaaay! Chocolate brownie ice cream is great, but not in batter😝 ok so no chair, damn! Girl you falling apart🤔🤔 ok your pretty small, I'll just get you a remote control car to ride in😁❤

@Tinywhisper11

I am falling apart. My wrist is actually a funny story (don't ask why I'm awake at this hour xD) so me and my sister got in a fight and she slammed the door on my beautiful right hand and blam

I wasn't allowed to tell anyone, idk how no one noticed aha. My whole right side is wackadoo.

Having issues with my sugar and my nerves tonight, no sure why I'm super dizzy and having waves of numbers, my friend is staying up with me

@AvyIsKing oh no😱 your poor hand. I hope your left handed. I'm glad your friend is staying up with you ❤❤becarful getting up when your having dizzy spells. I hope you can get some sleep soon ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤

@tinywhisper11  I will,she just went to bed so I will unwind before I call her all day tomorrow. Dont worry I am left handed (: miracle, because my left foot, my left hand, wnd my left ear are the better ones. Oh I'm not sure if you know but I'm half deaf. Autocorrect saying dead 🤭🤭 but I'm more bad eyed in my left eye. 

Heres a weird fact I've learned while being on mostly bed rest. The technical term for the blob of toothpaste on a toothbrush is nurdle. Ive also been drawing and making all my friends custom Valentine's. 

I got my bf a valentines gift today. Its a stuffed dog that says i woof you. Actuallyi think i told you already but oh well hehehe I'm really tired. But i got it early so i can snuggle it and sleep with it at night a couple nights before i give it to him, so it smells like me. Hehe he likes my smell (: 

@AvyIsKing I'm sure you smell lovely ❤😂😂 nurdle hey!😂😂😂😂😂 thanks for that interesting fact😂😂😂 I don't want to be a nurdle, I'm gonna stick to bring a vegtable😎 goodnight sweet angel ❤ sleep well with woof ❤I hope when you wake up your pain will of eased ❤❤ half deaf, damn! Your worse than an old lady. Those elderly folk think they have problems😂😂 you should live with me in the old folks nursing home😂😂 you'd fit right in😂😂😂😂

@Tinywhisper11

😂😂I can read with all the old people! (: pain is better so far, fingers crossed for later. I love you so much

Tinywhisper11 January 22nd

@AvyIsKing I'd cross my fingers for you too, but I can't. What's later???

AvyIsKing OP January 22nd

@Tinywhisper11 hehe, its okay. i meant later in the day, i was on a call with my friend all day :0 it was lots of fun (: 

the special hospital called this morning and wanted to know like super in-depth stuff about my childhood ):

Tinywhisper11 January 22nd

@AvyIsKing were you able to tell them everything? Or was your mum with you?

AvyIsKing OP January 22nd

@tinywhisper11 my mum woke me up to ask me a few questions, they wanted to know like developmentally -when I sat up when I started walking when I started reading, which is weird because none of my stuff got really bad til I reached adolescence. i dunno i didn't get to talk to them, my mum was on the phone. i don't really get to talk to my drs alone :/

Tinywhisper11 January 24th

@AvyIsKing when your 18 I think then you can talk for yourself properly. They are kinda odd questions😕 how are you feeling today?

AvyIsKing OP January 24th

@Tinywhisper11

eh had to run errands and my foot went numb and I came home and almost cried. I found out I have a dentist appointment tomorrow, and I'm annoyed. I hate doctors, and last time they told me to go to an oral surgeon and I went and the oral surgeon was like go to these drs, but we have *** insurance.i just don't want 10,000 drs ):

@AvyIsKing hugs you tightly ❤ I wish I was a top doctor and surgeon and nurse, I would fix you up straight away. Would you trust me as a doctor??😂😂😂😂 I hope they help you soon. I only been to the dentist once. Good luck with that ❤❤

@Tinywhisper11

i would absolutely trust you (: I told my boyfriend I've been to 4 different doctors in the 3 months we've been dating, its about to be 5 😔 I told him I was broken and i was sorry and he told me i might be broken but I'm his broken person and he loves me anyway. 

I was telling my friend about my feet and issues snd stuff and he said *why don't you use a wheelchair* and i told him about my wrist and he said I'm being put in a bubble 🫧🫧

huggsss❤️❤️❤️

@AvyIsKing you and your bf are adorable ❤❤ and your friend as a good idea, either that or wrapped in bubble wrap. Oooo! Let's wrap you in bubble wrap, that would be fun. I'd be following you around *pop* *pop*.  You trust doctor tiny!?!? Yaaay! I'll go get my surgery tools, don't worry I'll be careful with the chainsaw😁

yellowPineapple239 January 24th

@AvyIsKing
Hi Avy, I'm truly sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing with your foot and the impact it's had on your life. It must be incredibly tough dealing with severe tendinitis, arthritis, and the prospect of surgery at such a young age. Your resilience and determination through intense physical therapy are commendable, and I hope the surgical option brings you the relief and healing you deserve. If you ever need to share more or just want someone to talk to, feel free to reach out here.

@yellowPineapple239 oh thank you. It really really means a lot to me. I hope things go well as well. It hasn't been easy but I hope it works out (: thank you so much again ❤❤

@tinywhisper11 

chainsaws are fancy (: i promise i wont scream, im actually pretty easy going when t comes to that stuff

Tinywhisper11 January 25th

@AvyIsKing 😂😂😂😂 I don't think I'd make a good doctor😂😂😂 hugs you tightly ❤ how are you feeling today? 

AvyIsKing OP January 25th

@Tinywhisper11

yesterday was a good day (: i went out and saw my friends and my foot did go numb but i ended up being ok. my mom is sick so im taking care of the entire house, so im super super tired. not sure why im so tired 

Tinywhisper11 January 26th

@AvyIsKing I'm glad you had a good day ❤ pain makes you tired, also stress of trying to run a house, bless you ❤ I hope your mum knows how very lucky she is to have you ❤ please try not to overdo it too much though around the house, your health comes first ❤ hugs you tightly ❤

AvyIsKing OP January 26th

had to check in for my appointment yesterday :0 i had to answer a lot of questions online, there were some that was like idk sad? one of the questions was 'ive had to quit what im doing because I've been in too much pain' and then pick how often it happens, its just quite sad, because I've lost so much of my life to my foot TvT 

i have been working out though, im trying to get a stronger core, for band so i can breathe better (: i cant do any of my old core exercises because they involved my feet (like a plank) so I've just been doing 100 sit ups xD my dad said i cant get abs because no man in their right mind would want a girl with abs. macon doesn't seem to mind, he just cares im happy and as healthy as i can be. 

I had a pretty bad 'episode' last night. idk what to call it, i just call it an episode. i was washing the dishes and my hand started to feel tingly and weird. it was shaking really bad and i kept feeling like there was water running down my leg. my mom was scared but i was fine, i knew it was just weird you know? it passed eventually, and then last night, my entire left side (same side as the hand and leg) was tingly and weird and my hand was really numb and my right foot (my bad foot) started hurting really really bad. i was up really late xD

@AvyIsKing poor you 😥 I know it's upsetting when you have to think about things you can't do, and things you wish you could, it's very hard, hugs you tightly ❤ do the doctors know about these little episodes, cause I think it's important you tell them, even if you don't think it's anything. Best to be safe ❤❤ I'm here for you ❤

@Tinywhisper11 they dont know yet, because these are more recent, but ill tell them on Monday :0

hugssss <3 <3 love you

@AvyIsKing ok well done ❤❤ goodluck on monday ❤❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤

@Tinywhisper11 thank you ❤❤

AvyIsKing OP January 28th

heyyyy

so my pain has gotten worse. yesterday i over-did it at girl scouts and I've been in unbearable pain since. it comes in waves so ill be like moderately hurting then 5 minutes later I'm crying and silently screaming. it hurts so bad. my friend is coming over (the one whos mum had covid) and I'm going to clean my room as much as possible. my mum is in the bath, I'm going to ask her to maybe call the hospital today, let them know its gotten really bad. i might end up in the emergency room, I dunno. my mom doesn't want me taking opioids but nothing else is working. ): I'm so sick of it hurting, I'm so tired, I want all of this to just go away 

Tinywhisper11 January 28th

@AvyIsKing 😞 did your mum call the hospital?? Dw about cleaning your room, I'm sure your friend will understand. I wish those doctors would hurry up with treatment for you. It's hard being in constant pain. You don't deserve to go through all this. 😢  hugs you tightly ❤❤ wait! So it's your mum that doesn't like you taking painkillers??

AvyIsKing OP January 29th

@Tinywhisper11 she hasn't called yet, she's going to call tomorrow. I ended up taking a nap, I haven't really slept in a few days. She doesn't want me taking anything stronger than what I'm already on. And I guess she's just made me not like it either. 

Tinywhisper11 January 29th

@AvyIsKing I'm glad you napped ❤ is your pain levels a bit lower now you napped?? Well you know what, I think meds are a life saver. I don't think I'd survive physically or mentally without mine.They can be a bad thing, but their there to help you ❤ I'd rather take the help than not. But lots of people don't like meds, so I do understand. Ask your mum, again try get her to ring, the more you keep on to the doctors, the quicker they'll move their butts. Have fun with your friend ❤ and please take it easy ❤❤gives you a giant tiny hug ❤

@Tinywhisper11 hugsss . I woke up from my nap to realize my friend was hit by a car and was in the hospital. Shes okay now, just scary for everyone. I also I'm working on getting a wheelchair/crutches. I hope they help too, love you bunches

Tinywhisper11 January 29th

@AvyIsKing 😮😮 I'm glad your friend is ok. Wow! That must be very scary

KrishDesai January 29th

Hey Avy, It really sucks to hear how much one small event can affect you so much! I want you to know that you are not alone and we are all here with you! 

@KrishDesai awww thank you <3 it truly means alot 

@tinywhisper11 

we have a medical update !!!!! so my mum called my doctors while i was sleeping, so here's whats new (:

tomorrow morning first thing i am going to see my orthotic doctor to get my new inserts 

first thing thursday morning (before my band trip, i leave at 12 eheheehehehehe) i go and see the surgeon. there is not much they can do for pain, but they want me to stop putting weight on my leg, so i will most likely end up in a boot xD

im excited and happy (: