Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New addition to the spoon theory

brightCity5374 March 15th, 2023

Table set theory

Fork is functioning, plate is sociability , knife is mental strength, spoon is energy, and cup is mood In accordance to another analogy Other people can fill your cup

for example

this morning _____ had 10 spoons, 10 forks, 10 knives, 10 plates , and a full cup

Mya000 March 18th, 2023

@brightCity5374

It's interesting to see how you've used table setting items to represent different aspects of human behaviour and emotions!

Regarding the example you provided, it sounds like the person had a well-rounded and healthy state of being. They had plenty of spoons for energy, forks for functioning, knives for mental strength, and plates for sociability! Plus, their cup was full, which could represent a positive mood or outlook on life.

Your table set theory is a unique and creative way to think about human behaviour and the factors that influence it. Thanks for sharing!

tearstruck December 21st, 2023

@brightCity5374 love the idea! Spoon theory just doesn't include the other aspects like social or cognitive or stress and mood :)

slowdecline48 December 22nd, 2023

@brightCity5374 That sounds complicated....I have enough to keep track of as it is.

My version of spoon theory is "gas tank theory". Spoon theory works for a lot of people, which is good, but to me it sounds like something more appropriate for someone more female & a good deal younger than myself. Right now I have almost no gas in the tank because I have a sinus infection. At least that's what I think it is.

adventurousBranch3786 December 22nd, 2023

@slowdecline48. I like the gas tank explanation. 

tearstruck December 22nd, 2023

@slowdecline48 hey with the sinus infection thing, that's interesting bc I have something like that along with chronic fatigue as well. Any chance you have mould exposure / water leaks in or under your house or anything??

slowdecline48 December 23rd, 2023

@tearstruck I'm in a 1BR place, not a house. But you raised a good point nonetheless. Where I live, there are businesses that specialize in mold removal...especially in summer months. The weather tends to be humid here, so mold is a possibility.

What I really need to do is clean the apartment thoroughly. I haven't because I really don't give a d*** about this place, but one's own health always comes first. I intend to get rid of more excess stuff--I've dumped some here & there in the last few months--then deal with the carpet.* I suspect the carpet is behind most of my sinus problems.

*Why would anyone ever install carpets in their houses? Carpets trap dust & other stuff...they're dirty things. Even linoleum flooring is better than carpet! If you walk around barefoot & your floors get cold, throw down a few rugs. Those you can take out & clean, at least.

slowdecline48 December 23rd, 2023

The carpet cleaning will be after New Year's.

tearstruck December 23rd, 2023

@slowdecline48 Yeah :/ definitely agree about the carpet thing. We had to get the carpet removed from my bedroom for the same reason. 

Try search on google for Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS), which is inflammation and immune problems caused by mold. 
For me that's the cause of my chronic fatigue, immune, sinus and other symptoms. My mum has similar symptoms bc we were living in a "water damaged building" although no visible mould. We had to move out of our home earlier this year and are currently staying with family. 
Integrative gp also prescribed a binder called Welchol which I haven't started yet but it's supposed to help treat it.

Best of luck! Hope the cleaning helps. If not you may have to consider moving depending if that's what's making you sick. 
If you have any questions I'm happy to help :)
tearstruck December 23rd, 2023

@tearstruck also careful if you're the one doing the cleaning, wear a proper mask (not a covid mask) and ideally hepa vacuum to avoid making yourself sicker 

CheerySandi January 7th

@slowdecline48 I like the gas tank theory too. In this case i can just say that i spent set amount of gas and i needn't to count spoons.

slowdecline48 January 7th

@CheerySandi Eggs ackley!...good to know someone else gets it immediately. 😁

MistyMagic March 25th

@slowdecline48 I think the spoon theory was first used in a kitchen so spoons were grabbed and then used to show the depletion? In a restaurant it could be sugar cubes lol - do they still have those on the table in cafes?

sleeping-amanda-cerny.gif

But I like the gas tank - instead of trips to places the gas is used on chores and activities. I need to fill up lol!

Listening - One Step At A Time! 

slowdecline48 March 25th

@MistyMagic Thanks. Don't we all need to fill up, dear...my tank is about half full right now.

slowdecline48 March 25th

If the girl who generated the concept had been an older woman & the convo was in a diner somewhere, the whole thing could've been "sugar cube theory". 😄