Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

May 2023 Events - Mental Health Awareness Week

EmmaE May 14th, 2023

Hi Depression Support!

This month, we will be celebrating Mental Health Awareness Week from May 15-21!

Mental Health Awareness Week 2023: Supporting Employee Wellbeing

We have lots of different forum posts, discussions, icebreakers, and group support discussions happening in our depression support room! Everything will be linked or added to this master post for easy access <3

Forum posts:

Discussion Schedule:

• TEENS: Join kenzolena on May 15th at 12pm ET for an open chat
  • TEENS: Join kenzolena on May 16tth at 12pm ET for an open chat
  • ADULTS: Join heathermarie95 on May 16th at 9:30pm ET for a discussion on depression and boundaries

What does mental health mean to you?

How can you support your mental health?

If you’d like to join the depression support team, please check out THIS POST for more information.

To join our tag list and receive notifications, click HERE.

xandia May 14th, 2023

@EmmaE

Sounds like a great discussion. I hope I can attend the adult session. I'll see if I can be off work for it. Always willing to learn new techniques in mental health that can make life a little easier dealing with depression. Thanx for the notification! ❤️

EmmaE OP May 15th, 2023

@xandia

We hope to see you there ❤️ No worries if you can’t make it! We’ll have other activities in the forums :)

Jaeteuk May 15th, 2023

Looking forward to join the adult session~

@EmmaE

Heartsandrosesandpaws May 15th, 2023

@EmmaE

goood luck with this event

jetm0t0 May 16th, 2023

My doctor told me not to seek happiness as a thing I can get so easily, or to seek it so much, but I think having good mental health is having those care free feelings you had when you were a kid. I haven't felt that energy in a while.

MeaningfulSilence June 16th, 2023

@jetm0t0

Hi there, I really hope you can soon experience a positive feeling again 💙

Maybe your doctor said that so that you won't be just focused in something that is not happening to then be feeling worse if it does not?

Hope here you can find your safe space 💙

slowdecline48 May 16th, 2023

Will be there if I can make it.

charmingSky5972 May 16th, 2023

@EmmaE

Mental health is important and should be more cared about IMHO

I can support my mental health by reading, because reading is my favorite coping skill.

SaryAmalavida May 16th, 2023
Sin salud mental bueno no hay manera de tomar decisiones correctas
Jaeteuk May 16th, 2023

Just to be sure, is the adult session 9:30pm ET?

@EmmaE

EmmaE OP May 16th, 2023

@Jaetuek

Yes, all the times posted are in ET. I’ll update the post to clarify that!

Jaeteuk May 16th, 2023

Excellent, I should have start making my dinner soon then, so that I could eat at the same time. To prevent from starving if I were to cook after the discussion.

@EmmaE

Jaeteuk May 17th, 2023

It looks like I missed it. I thought it's just 9:43pm now.. but, when I joined into the Group Chat, they were saying goodbyes already. And I was looking forward to the discussion.. oh well, next time.

@EmmaE

NewYorker11 May 16th, 2023

@EmmaE

mental health, to me, means maintaining good mental hygienics, as in taking care of your emotions and your brain and mindfulness just as you would take care of any other part or facet of your body and life.

you can support your own personal health by focusing on the "you" and identifying with any emotional problems, symptoms and/or struggles you might be having. then you get help for your situation.

Yallcrazy2023 May 20th, 2023

I have mental issues so I understand a lot of mental issues. I have been fighting for years to try to get it better and I have gotten a little better but still dealing with my mental issues. I'm a fighter not a quiter

bgdave May 20th, 2023

@EmmaE oh well I missed this….

MeaningfulSilence June 16th, 2023

@EmmaE

Sounds something good !! 👍