Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

July 2023 Events - Global Forgiveness Day

EmmaE July 16th, 2023

Hi Depression Support!

This month, we will be celebrating Global Forgiveness Day on July 17!

We have lots of different forum posts, discussions, icebreakers, and group support discussions happening in our depression support room! Everything will be linked or added to this master post for easy access <3

Forum posts:

Discussion Schedule:

• TBD

What does forgiveness mean to you?

If you’d like to join the depression support team, please check out THIS POST for more information.

To join our tag list and receive notifications, click HERE.

purpleTree4652 July 16th, 2023

@EmmaE

Hi, Emma,

It means letting go of the acid you have internalized from a person wronging you. It means learning that the "harming person" displayed information about themself and not you. Does that make sense?

mytwistedsoul July 17th, 2023

@purpleTree4652 I think it makes a lot of sense and I really liked how you phrased this :)

Jaeteuk July 16th, 2023

Forgiving means to not hold a grudge against the other person and be understanding on what has happened. A time to break down and reflect on what happened and figure out if something has been misinterpreted, or if a simple apology can solve it.

Forgiving someone is easier said than done, as I have trouble forgiving myself.

@EmmaE

PapaJeff59 July 17th, 2023

@Jaeteuk

I agree that forgiving ourselves is a very hard thing. However, would you forgive if that was someone else instead of yourself? If you would forgive others for it, why not yourself?

Jaeteuk July 17th, 2023

I tend to forgive others when several years have passed. Usually when I've had time to actually look back and replay the process, then look at it in a different perspectives.

This may sound confusing: Forgiving myself, I had made some decisions in life, where I question whether or not it is something that should be forgiven. So, it's a 50/50 feeling. Something that I should forgive myself for not doing, but not forgive myself for doing it.

@PapaJeff59

PapaJeff59 July 17th, 2023

Forgiveness means not taking vengeance on the one who hurt/harmed me, but leaving that to God (or a higher power). It does not mean however that I forget what happened. I try not to be in a situation where that individual can harm me again.

Heartsandrosesandpaws July 17th, 2023

Being able to move on from bad things that happened in the past

Samiam425 July 18th, 2023

To me forgiveness means letting go of your anger and moving on forgetting whatever happened