Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

suicidal nightmares HELP!

emzy73 March 23rd, 2015

So i been diagnosed as having major depressive disorder about 6 months ago. I havr never slept good anyway but my tablets do help me sleep. I either cant sleep or sleep and have the most horrendous nightmares. Nightmares where i either die or commit suicide its that real i wake up in a right state. Im i going mad???

paigesl March 23rd, 2015

Hi Emzy73, my boyfriend also suffers from depression and he has horrible nightmares all the time. I think it might be a common symptom. It must be horrible thing to deal withIf you are seeing a psychologist, maybe talk to them about it, they might have some strategies to help del with them. I hope things get better for you

emzy73 OP March 23rd, 2015

@paigesl thank for your reply. I start seeing a psychologist next week. Im shattered in everyway with it. How does your boyfriend deal with them?

paigesl March 23rd, 2015

That's great to hear! He finds it really difficult when he wakes up from them, but then just tries using relaxation strategies to calm down and unwind. Talking about them and writing them down also helps him deal with them and process them. He suggests you try and learn the signs of your dreaming. That way you can start to separatedreams from reality. Also look into lucid dreaming and research it. If you're able to do it successfully, you'll be able to manipulate your dreams and make them more positive.

Some dreams are that graphic i would struggle to write them down. I will try it though amd look into the lucid dreaming. Will mention it next week but its my first assessment with the psychologist so will see how it goes. Thank you for your help :-)

DevilDocWilson March 23rd, 2015

There is an amazing training called IRT where i work it trains you to reconstruct your dreams. That might be somthing to look into.

Thanks i will look into that too

friendlyPenny4303 March 26th, 2015

Man, I'm so sick and tired of being me. My friends beat me up like a piece of trash, as a joke. I can usually take it and smile back, but this time I warned them of my depression and suicidal thoughts. And I still get beaten up as a rib, given a limp on leg and headache. All that pain and trauma from the heartbreak of not helping me, gave me suicidal thoughts. I have sleep paralysis problems and headaches are my kryptonite. I couldn't sleep for two days after the beatdown. Couldn't find postures because of injured leg and a kick to the groin. What sort of joke is kicking somebody in the privates. Not only that, I thought they would take my mental health seriously. That's an emotional heartbreak for me. I'm not insane enough to suicide, I never was. But I can't help but get overwhelmed by uncontrollable suicidal thoughts. They nearly make me cry and feel like getting killed. Not killing myself, but somebody else doing it. And my friends basically pushed me into the miserable asylum of insane thoughts. Am I really that worthless that people will do things that bring my suicidal side on? I think I might be mistaken, but maybe, just maybe I'm human and have some feelings that get hurt at some point. I can't even sleep properly. I'm afraid of sleeping because of sleep paralysis. I get migraines where I cry for hours because I hate meds and they don't work anyways. I try to do all this with a hectic schedule. I just wanted some appreciation and stuff, but I get misery. Depression even has decreased my intelligence, logical and reasoning skills. I feel so dumb and pathetic that my expectations dictate that I should be dead.