Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What have you done today to help improve your mood?

fairmindedWriter7362 February 27th, 2022

In the middle of a depressive episode, it is so hard to make positive changes and take steps to improve our mood. I find it helps to celebrate even the smallest steps. Taking a shower, doing the dishes, getting out of bed on time, or even going to bed on time. All of these things seem small, but sometimes they can be huge steps in the right direction.

Let's celebrate those small steps together: I will go first, today I folded and put away the laundry that had been sitting on the couch for a week, and seeing that couch clean and the clothing hung neatly, made me proud of myself. ❤️

What did you do today?

comfortableNight4463 February 27th, 2022

@fairmindedWriter7362 Today I went for a run!

fairmindedWriter7362 OP February 27th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463 Fantastic! I hope you enjoyed your run. ❤️

comfortableNight4463 February 27th, 2022

@fairmindedWriter7362 I did! It was pleasantly windy! Thanks.

calmsoulmeet February 27th, 2022

@fairmindedWriter7362

Hi , firstly lovely post this . Completely relatable .

So, I had a good bath today , after a gap of 2 days . I had to really force and motivate myself to do so . Depression can make little tasks seem really monumental .

fairmindedWriter7362 OP February 28th, 2022

@calmsoulmeet I am so glad the post is relatable for you. I hear you! It is so hard for some people to understand that simple tasks can take so much energy away from us for the day.

Congratulations on your completing task today! Hopefully, another one will happen tomorrow! ❤️

soomin February 28th, 2022

A good bath can be so soothing for the soul! I'm so glad you got to enjoy it!

soomin February 28th, 2022

I was able to cook something after a week of not being able to even stand in my kitchen!

fairmindedWriter7362 OP February 28th, 2022

I can relate to this. Cooking and eating are so hard when we are depressed, but so important for us for our health. Congratulations on being able.yo do that today! 👏

fairmindedTalker1988 March 3rd, 2022

Proud of you!