Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

So I think I found the source (venting, don't mind me)

John04 September 27th, 2016

So I think I found the source of my depression. It's a combination of genetics, trying to grow up way too fast, seeing people die at an extreamly young age, seeing my family turn on itself, and failing to save two of my cousins from depression (one now is probably dead due to overdose while the other needs to go to a mental hospital but his father doesn't care about him). Now the problem is getting through it, because I think my depression is a very large part of me. And today is feeling especially rough since I'm really feeling the weight of 2 lives that I couldn't save on top of me today.

tidyCurrent812 September 27th, 2016

@John04 you're only human! You'll get through it! It'll take time, remember every day is a new day!

AndrewACT September 27th, 2016

@John04 I think all we can do for those who are suffering from mental illness in our lives is be there for them and show them we care. We can't make choices for them. The fact you care so much about those people is amazing. I don't think you let them down, that's for sure.

I sincerely hope they'll be ok. Whatever happens, if you're still there for them in the end, you're doing everything you can. Hopefully understanding what contributes to your depression will help you fight it. I wish you and those you care about the best.

FriendlyJanka September 27th, 2016

@AndrewACT you're kind

Erica September 27th, 2016

@John04 You had/have a lot to deal with taking from what you mentioned. I am so sorry to hear about your two cousins. I know it feels like you could have done something to save them but chances are you couldn't so don't blame yourself for not being able to save them *hugs*. Getting through depression can take time and can be extremely tough but you're way tougher. One step a day, one battle at a time. You can always connect to a listener for more support if you need it. You are not alone in this battle anymore, you have all of us there with you. I hope you feel better soon. heart

John04 OP September 27th, 2016

Thank you all for the support

Markysim1 September 27th, 2016

@John04 hi john I'm sure I talked to you be4 hope u well