Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New Wave

affableStrings4654 August 31st, 2023

I'd been feeling better for a while. I went on a trip, got a good brain reset, but after working all week and dealing with my problems again, I feel like i'm slipping back into something.

Having a hard time concentrating on things I like to do, mostly worrying about scheduling and not feeling like i have enough time to myself. I'm constantly a week ahead of myself, trying to plan for the future instead of where i am right now.

I am also second-guessing all of my relationships with people. Coworkers, friends, everyone. I know it makes no sense, but i keep getting the creeping feeling that I'm annoying and nobody likes me anymore. ( which i know isn't true because of the behaviors that these people exhibit, but my brain tells me otherwise anyway?)

I'm stuck on what to do with myself. I have many projects that I am in the middle of that I would love to work on, but I can't seem to focus on anything.

I haven't been eating well. It's hard for me to cook for myself, and getting food outside of the house is often time consuming, and I don't have as much time as i would like.

The house is dirty because the other people who live here don't clean up after themselves, and it makes it harder for me to clean. I have a few household items (ex. my bedroom lamp) that have suddenly broken down and i have to replace them.(Which may have to wait, since i have to build up my money again after the trip)

I also have the equivalent of 3 jobs at the moment, as well as a budding art career, which makes scheduling difficult.

I'm guessing that there are a lot of environmental stressors that I can work on in my living space.

anyway, my plate is very full and I don't think I like it this way.

generousBeing7908 August 31st, 2023

@affableStrings4654 Are you me? Went down everything like a checklist- dealing with the exact same stuff!

affableStrings4654 OP September 3rd, 2023

@generousBeing7908

it helps to know I'm not alone in this!

I am trying to adjust to daily life again after a blissful break from it, but i'm wondering if there is a way to bring the vacation back home with me. There will always be problems to solve at home, but I wonder if i am adding things to my plate unnecessarily.

hope you have been faring better.

bestVase7265 September 4th, 2023

I have definitely felt that way after a trip. I have to find ways to take mini breaks to keep my sanity. It can be getting outside or starting to plan my next trip. Sending strength and peace. @affableStrings4654

affableStrings4654 OP September 4th, 2023

@bestVase7265

thank you!

bestVase7265 September 5th, 2023

I love to trip plan, even if I don't get a chance to go somewhere. Even 15 minutes of dreaming at the end of the day is helpful.@affableStrings4654

affableStrings4654 OP September 6th, 2023

@bestVase7265

it definitely helps make it easier to make informed decisions about actual trips when you've shopped around and know what's out there. And it's a nice little fantasy that sometimes becomes real!

bestVase7265 September 7th, 2023

I have started doing one night doing actual trip planning, followed by a night looking at a website that has cool tours throughout the world (total fantasy), followed by a night of looking at something short term (a few hours trip max) to do in the next month near home. It is a nice rotation that makes the stress of a regular day much more manageable. @affableStrings4654

affableStrings4654 OP September 16th, 2023

@bestVase7265

That's a good idea!

bestVase7265 September 16th, 2023

You wouldn't think that 15 minutes here and there to trip plan and walk each day would have a real impact on stress, but it has made a HUGE difference in my often stressful life. @affableStrings4654

WeEarth September 13th, 2023

@affableStrings4654

I understand. It can be really tough to feel like you're constantly overwhelmed and stressed. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, both personally and professionally. But I believe in you. You can do this. What are some of the things that you enjoy doing, but haven't had time for lately?

@WeEarth

I think a lot of it is that I am working way more than i expected this month. I usually need some time to just rest my brain and not have any responsibilities or talk to anyone. Now that I've settled a few things, i've been able to do a little more of that. Getting small bursts of productivity in my hobbies and just not worrying about it if i can't find the creative juice. I used to try to force myself to do my hobbies on my time off because i had so little of it, to the point that i wasn't enjoying it anymore, and i think i have gotten better at just letting it be.

Tinywhisper11 September 13th, 2023

@affableStrings4654 sounds like you need to take a mental health break. When I start thinking this, and this needs to be done I also want to get that sorted and I need to do this.... It then becomes impossible for me to mentally do any of it. So slow down sweetie, don't overthink things. I know that's easier said than done. But I think it's important for you to try and do. ❤❤Remember thinking is bad for us😋

alwaysunbroken September 15th, 2023

@affableStrings4654 Hi Strings, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment. It can seem like a lot of pressure for you when you're expected to do things (such as clean, maintain relationships and a healthy eating lifestyle) while also going through a lot mentally. But I know you can get through this even though it might seem like you can't. It's important to remember that even though it seems like you have a lot to accomplish - you probably have already accomplished so much!! What things have you completed so far this week that you were able to check off of your list of things to do?

@alwaysunbroken

Thank you!

This week, I've replaced my broken lamp, spent some time drawing, organized some files on my computer, bought a shirt i've been wanting for a few months, started a donate pile.

alwaysunbroken September 16th, 2023

Yay, love to hear it! That’s such great progress ❤️

@alwaysunbroken

I think that allowing myself to slow down and just be is something that i've needed. I wasn't able to do it as well before. I'm getting there, i think.

MayaCaresForYou September 16th, 2023

Hi! It's so nice to read that you feel better and that you have managed to find ways to find some inner peace <333