Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My 7 Cups Dream Journal

integrityblues April 19th, 2023

Entry 1: The Boxes of Cats

It was a little strange but what I remember most is visiting a house that was in my old neighborhood that I’d recently moved from (it really wasn’t, so dream logic) but I came back to collect something I left or my mother left.

It was very sad and the people who were there now were sort of okay with me wandering around and looking. I kept noticing the signs that I’d once lived there (painted over places that still revealed chipped paint and stuff I recognized from my apartment).

Then I looked beneath a couch or table and found boxes full of kittens. Two boxes were full of meowing kittens in water that the new home owners had no idea were there, and one more box held a very dead cat that was an older one from a previous litter. All of the kittens were starving without their mother and I knew that it was the reason why the older one passed.

The new owners suddenly smelled the dead cat and I took it upon myself to get rid of it. When I came back an hour later all of the kittens were gone, and when I was walking past another house I could see all the kittens. They’d all grown up into adult cats!

integrityblues OP September 3rd, 2023

I’m getting so annoyed that I haven’t been able to post for the last few days

Of course it works now! I’ve been getting an error code for days!

Again?!

I’ve tried posting these for days and it’s not working when I copy paste the entries from my notes. So let’s try a brief entry like this:

Entry 23: visiting a previously dead friend

I was shopping and ended up visiting my dead friend’s home where just her brother lives now- I noticed he wasn’t home but went in anyway.

I was very nervous because I didn’t want to notice how her dog was absent too since he’d died before she did. But then I noticed my friend was there!

She was exercising and I sort of was dumbfounded at the door, asking how she was doing that?

She replied that it was the only way she could deal with the pain, and then I noticed she still had the foot that had been amputated a year before she passed.

Entry 24: punched in the face

I was finding money everywhere and when this guy spotted the same pair of hundred dollar bills as me we sort of raced to reach it. I got there first and he punched me in the face.

bestVase7265 September 4th, 2023

Entry 23 might make a nice start in on a short story. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP September 4th, 2023

Huh, it might. I’ll try and outline something!

bestVase7265 September 5th, 2023

I normally don't remember dreams, but I partially remember one from last night. I think it was because I started teaching today. In my dream, my first class went horribly because there was a squid that took over my computer so I could not explain anything.

The actual first day went more smoothly than that luckily. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP September 5th, 2023

What a devious dream squid! I’m glad your first day went well

integrityblues OP September 24th, 2023

Last night I had a tense dream about something being wrong with my lungs or breathing. That the only way to fix it involved an oddly informal surgeon breaking through my shoulder blade with a sharpened rod and pricking a hole in my lung like it was a balloon.

It hurt horribly and between the screaming I had the quasi rational thought of ‘but why didn’t you just slip something between my ribs, how long will it take to heal my shoulder too?’

I woke up briefly only to pick up the dream again, this time after I’d mostly recovered from my surgery but was struggling to apply for and attend a college class again.

It was very stressful and I was so worried about the money I’d be losing if I couldn’t find the right room and get there on time. I got in there a little late, and at least the class looked pretty neat. Lots of post structural analysis of writing.

To be fair, I got some bad news from my mother when she called me earlier that evening.

My sister has lost her place at the new shelter and now my mother is going on and on about how she’s going to get a lawyer. I’d been so worried I’d stayed up late until I finally dozed off.

bestVase7265 September 25th, 2023

So sorry for the stressful dream. Sometimes all that tension has to go somewhere. I know that you are trying to ignore the mother/sister tension where you can, but your brain can unluckily chose the night to process it.

I hope that tonight your sleep is better. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP September 25th, 2023

Thanks

integrityblues OP October 24th, 2023

I’ve been sick for a few days now and I’m miserable. I’d found some matzoh ball mix for soup and put it together even though it was past it’s best by date and it was my first time making it. It made me remember my friend who passed away because her go to cure all for colds was a big bowl of matzoh ball soup and she’d take me to a deli to get some.

My dream was about me finding out that my friend was alive again, and I was so grateful to see her again alive that I stopped and hugged her in the street.

There was another bit about going back to school and learning that I was over a week late to attend my classes, which was extremely stressful.

bestVase7265 October 25th, 2023

Dreams do often come harder when you are sick. But I love the idea of a soup memory. Even if you can't have that moment back, it is a precious thing to hold onto. I hope that the soup made you feel a bit better.

Sending strength and peace. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP October 25th, 2023

My soup wasn’t very good, but my mom told me it would take practice to get it right. I can try again at another time when I feel better.

Though it made me sad, dreaming of my friend was nice.

integrityblues OP October 25th, 2023

I dreamt that I had to participate in the Hunger Games, but instead of a cool setting like in the books all of us were sitting at a series of bus stops that we’d been assigned too.

Part of the game involved using whatever I had on my person to fight off the tributes from other bus stops who would try to walk by and make us lose the Hunger Games by making physical contact with whatever they brought with them without stepping over the brighter colored chalk lines drawn around each bench. No one brought anything lethal so I was using a bunch of pens and things from my purse I could throw at them.

I realized I had brought my phone with me so I could fight one of them by beating them in Pokémon Go, and then I lost horribly.

I really got to hang out with the losers of the Hunger Games and I think we had lunch.

bestVase7265 October 29th, 2023

I am so sorry that I missed a few days. You know that I am usually much, much better. The last few days have been crazy busy and it has been hard to get caught up on posting.

That does sound like an interesting dream especially at bus stops. Do you use busses regularly?

I hope that you are feeling a bit better now. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP October 29th, 2023

It’s okay bestVase. I’ve been handling my mother’s issues with drs and stuff. She couldn’t see the one she scheduled an appointment with on Friday because the dr was sick, but she also couldn’t make another appointment.

I’m visiting my mother tomorrow to help her go shopping since the friend who was supposed to do it got into a car accident- my mom hinted that even though she got a rental car that it wasn’t likely the friend would have time to help her shop.

I’m going to help her get food and some things suggested by a dr or helpline through her insurance that got her prescriptions put through and strongly suggested she get another appointment to her dr so she’d get a referral to a pulmonologist.

bestVase7265 October 30th, 2023

Doctors appointments with parents are never fun to schedule. I hope that they all work themselves out for you. What kinds of things are you doing to destress?@integrityblues

integrityblues OP October 30th, 2023

I’m resting and reading to destress, but I’ve been a little busy.

integrityblues OP October 30th, 2023

Helping my mom shop had taken nearly all day and now I’m so worn out.

And even though I’m very tired and just want to watch tv I’m looking at old assignments on my Dropbox while laying down, trying to find better examples of my practical skills for my resume. It was an assignment I was given a few weeks ago when my job developer ended our Zoom meeting without setting up another appointment. Then I got busy for a week with other appointments and got sick the week after that.

The job developer contacted me this Friday and asked that I call her as soon as possible, but the line was busy so I only left a message that day. Today I sent her an email trying to open a line of communication by saying “hey, I’ve got a therapy appointment on Monday at this time but I can probably speak before that but would have more time after it’s over” like an idiot.

bestVase7265 October 31st, 2023

Nothing idiotic about any of that. You have been working through the stuff for the resume and have contacted her back both via phone and email. You can't do much more. You are going to figure out a path forward. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP October 31st, 2023

I’m trying to be kind to myself since I usually just beat myself up.

I was so worn out from yesterday’s trip to my mom that I forgot about my morning dose of meds and my shot. Now, that made me feel pretty dumb!

bestVase7265 November 1st, 2023

You will get back on track soon. Rest up some. I am here to keep you from beating yourself up. 

integrityblues OP November 1st, 2023

Thanks bestVase! She got back to me yesterday and offered two choices for meeting times. It’s probably going to be a Zoom meeting this afternoon.

bestVase7265 November 3rd, 2023

That sounds great! Good luck. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP November 3rd, 2023

It eventually happened yesterday but the ball had been dropped epically. Last week she spoke to a person who shared my first name thinking it was me, then she couldn’t call me back at all yesterday because she’d been helping another client over the phone to get an application done.

We got enough done and it was good that I sent her an email detailing everything I would have talked about (resume stuff, me still being sick but trying to collect assignments to flesh out my resume, and that I’d gotten my travel money as a check that I deposited into my account but hadn’t had a chance to get it put on a card yet) so it gave us a good outline for what to do.

I’m going to have another appointment with her on Monday, so I’ve got a deadline.

I’m also trying to do some NaNoWriMo creative writing since it’s November!

bestVase7265 November 4th, 2023

It sounds as though you are really starting to organize things nicely. And it is great that you are doing the creative writing again! @integrityblues

integrityblues OP November 4th, 2023

I’m trying to be creative with writing. I’ll admit I’m garbage at word counts right now so I’m just writing to have fun instead of writing to win.

bestVase7265 November 5th, 2023

Sometimes the best writing is short. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP November 2nd, 2023

My neighbor had a temporary emotional support cow just to help ease their discomfort over a meeting or filling out papers, but they kept the cow and let it roam the property and neighborhood. I couldn’t figure out it was fitting in the upstairs apartment on my property so it was pretty confusing.

I felt pretty bad for the cow because it wasn’t being taken care of so I ended up befriending it like I do with local stray cats.

bestVase7265 November 3rd, 2023

At first I forgot that this was a dream thread and really thought your neighbor had an emotional support cow. It was really funny to imagine. They could indeed be quite supportive but in a stinky way. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP November 3rd, 2023

I’m glad it made you laugh! It was a pretty absurd dream. It ended with my friend telling me that it was great that I befriended the cow, that cows are awesome, and for the life of me I don’t know if my real life friend has any other opinions about cows that don’t involve liking a rare steak or a nice hamburger.

I’m going to mention it tomorrow and see if the dream makes her laugh too!

bestVase7265 November 4th, 2023

I bet that it will.@integrityblues

integrityblues OP January 15th

I haven’t written here in awhile.

A few weeks ago I dreamt that I opened my fridge and found a broken bottle of hot sauce.

I can’t really remember all of my dream. It was unsettling

Correction:

The first part was unsettling. The second part centered on my going back to college because I’d taken a two year break and was preparing to start again during the upcoming Spring semester to retake a math course I’d failed. That I’d gone all the way there to speak to an advisor. It was heavily implied that it was so I could graduate, then I got very upset with myself because I’d completely forgotten my login information and password for the site.

bestVase7265 January 16th

Sometimes our stress does appear in our dreams. I am sorry.

How have you been doing otherwise?@integrityblues

integrityblues OP January 16th

Not great. Posted about finally telling my mom about how I was abused as a child and my cutting.

I’ve just been very depressed and it came up during conversation

bestVase7265 January 17th

That stuff is very painful, but so necessary to do. So I am proud of you. Usually the few days after saying something really important are quite hard but then you get stronger. I hope that happens for you. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP January 21st

I’ve been having dreams about going back to work at a grocery store or going to school again and messing something up. This dream was about me going back to college.

We were doing something about writing and fish. My partner in class was talking about how one of the fish, some big yellow thing that comes from the ocean, was having some kind of issue with getting something off her scales and needed to remove it by swimming around these trees growing in water really close to the campus which was either right next to the beach or was caused by something like a permanent change to our coastlines.

I got out there and let the fish swim around the trees and then brought her back to the classroom to put her back in the tank with the rest. Then my professor swoops in and starts exclaiming “But why did you do that? Why did you get up while I was gone and do that?”

I replied that I’d double checked that the fish was saltwater instead of fresh, that I’d stayed close to make sure she wasn’t hurt by predators. I was yelled at for listening to my well meaning partner in class.

I began isolating myself in that writing class and was certain that once I was done I’d have to deal with that fish haunting me (even though it wasn’t dead).

Then I woke up suddenly from the sound of my cellphone ringing, fumbled it when I saw it was my mom, and answered it still really sleepy.

Apparently my mom did decide to go to the hospital this morning but was taken to a hospital she hates, so she was only calling me to say that she wasn’t going in and that she’d call later.