Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Music?

azureTalker1011 May 24th, 2015

I'm looking for some relatable songs for depression........ music helps me a lot, any recommendations? i say lost boy- ruth b :)

sweetlittlesmile May 24th, 2015

Are you happy now ? - Megan and liz Flares -The script Shawn Mendes - A little too much If you fall - JJ Heller Pretty face -Soley Never be alone -Shawn Mendes Diana -One Direction

affectionateDime175 May 24th, 2015

I really like the band Noah and the Whale. They have a lot of songs that are sad but hopeful.

someone10 May 25th, 2015

papa roach is a good band songs would be scars, leader of the broken hearts and had enough. another artist is daniel bedingfieldsong name if your not the one

calmSkies1425 May 25th, 2015

Anything Ed Sheeran 😍😌😌😌😌😌😌

joyfulbliss35 May 25th, 2015

Sway by the Rolling Stones and Never Enough by Papa Roach

droid779 May 25th, 2015

Probably Bruno mars would help.

persistentGrapefruit500 May 25th, 2015

Edward and the Magnetic zeros

LonelyLake May 25th, 2015

Placebo- a song to say goodbye

silentblue2310 May 25th, 2015

Idfc - blackbear

Dhara94 May 25th, 2015

Good feeling By Florida might help you cheer up! Anything EDM, rather.

Upbeat May 25th, 2015

Never too late by three days grace!

LiminalWanderer May 26th, 2015

'Perfect Blue Buildings' by the Counting Crows, 'No Children' by The Mountain Goats, 'Maybe Tomorrow' by the Stereophonics, 'Surgeon' by St.Vincent; the list goes on...

Daeron May 26th, 2015

It is impossible for me to love just one song. Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin, Working Class Hero by John Lennon(I like the Green Day version more), Hotel California by Eagles, Peace of Mind by Boston, Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd, God I could count forever. But probably the best band for me is Iron Maiden! \|m|

JustARandomUnicorn June 2nd, 2015

A song that helped me a little bit with depression is Knives and Pens by Black Veil Brides. (Really good song) If you look at the lyrics it has a powerful message!

MyNameisAshton June 2nd, 2015

Recovery and calm down wise I have found The Irrepressibles to be a wonderful band. Especially post anxiety/panic attack.

silverlining0 June 4th, 2015

Just about anything from Ed Sheerans "+" album. Such a great album.

HealingHearts786 June 14th, 2015

I know this might be a bit different, but some classical music such as Beethoven or Chopin is very relaxing and powerful, puts one into a much better mood.

pandapsychosis June 14th, 2015

Mad World by Gary Jules, Kettering by The Antlers, Sadie by Fences, Creep by Radio Head and When I'm Gone by Eminem are all good :)

phsycodelicate June 14th, 2015

Twenty One Pilots are amazing, their songs always end positively, they've helped me a lot :)

IAMDev June 14th, 2015

Till I collapse by Eminem :)

Samsam17 June 14th, 2015

Remember Everything- 5 Finger Death Punch

energeticSpring4866 June 14th, 2015

Painting flowers by all time low is a calming song. Three days grace, starset, tfk, red and a day to remember are good bands.

VictoriaT18 June 14th, 2015

Scars by Papa Roach helped me

VictoriaT18 June 14th, 2015

sia Breathe me is another one

SmallishLion June 15th, 2015

Bright Eyes have a lot of good, relatable-yet-relaxing ones! I find Nothing Gets Crossed Out and I Won't Ever Be Happy Again to be especially effective.

I also recommend the band K's Choice and the solo work of the lead singer Sarah Bettens in general - songs that immediately come to mind are All, Butterflies Instead, Tired, My Heart, Asleep, Everything for Free, God in My Bed, Fine, and Follow Me, each for different-ish reasons.

I also used to listen to Medication byGarbage often when down, and Even If It Kills Me and LGFUaD by Motion City Soundtrack are songs I'd rec, though the latter has kind of a self-aware, self-deprecating, tongue-in-cheek "laughing at one's own feelings" impression to it.

Luisanna June 15th, 2015

bright eyes had the opposite effect on me when i was very depressed I think, because their lyrics are super sad, so i had to stop listening to them for like two years. but i now I feel like they clarify my thoughts and feelings!

spectacularButton48 November 1st, 2015

@SmallishLion I would say turn the music louder by tinie tempah and Katy b

yes

Jez November 1st, 2015

@SmallishLion

Bright Eyes, "Nothing Gets Crossed Out" -A good duet.

Namaste2015 November 16th, 2015

@SmallishLion Lua is beautiful, although sad.

ellen8922 June 15th, 2015

Flares by the script

musichipster1 June 15th, 2015

hold me down by halsey

Heatheras123 June 16th, 2015

Marconi Union - Weightless

CharlottesWeb October 31st, 2015

Pretty much any song by Blue October. Migraine-Twenty One Pilots. Giving up- Sick Of Sarah. Shades of Grey-Sick of Sarah 23- Jimmy Eat World. Transatlanticism- Death Cab For Cutie. Dark Blue- Jacks Mannequin. Hate to see your heart break - Paramore. Me-The 1975.

goodMoon4269 October 31st, 2015

Bon iver - wolves ! Best song ever you will cry

LoneWolfAshes96 October 31st, 2015

All of the songs from AFI's album "Sing The Sorrow" are be very good. Well put together and very emotionally deep. The wording in the songs are very intricate and flow very well.

PerfOrigami November 1st, 2015

Any Beatle song, really

LjSixx0113 November 1st, 2015

Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance..Best song I have ever listen

Namaste2015 November 16th, 2015

@LjSixx0113 so angsty but in the best way

Apricotly November 1st, 2015

Fix You by Coldplay. The beginning describes how I feel sometimes, and it's like someone is telling me that they'll be there for me to fix me up and piece back together all my broken pieces. Stay strong! :)

faithfulYard222 November 1st, 2015

Anything TØP or Misterwives... or Taylor Swift