Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Introduce yourself.

rnellz January 23rd, 2015

Hi my name is Bec.
I have been suffering since I was 14.
Everyday is a struggle and recovery is a life long journey

Rizzapizza January 23rd, 2015

Hi my name is Rizza.. I've been suffering for a year now.. (Probably more but it felt worse during the whole year).. I just cant help myself.. I dont know how :(

rnellz OP January 30th, 2015

Nice to meet you! Have you thought about seeing somebody (doctor)?

stillbreathing241 January 23rd, 2015

I'm Ellie. I have been depressed for a year and a half now, but I refuse to go to a counselor. I know that not going isn't helping me, but I have no interest in going. At first, I struggled with self-harm, but I've been 3 and half months clean now. So basically, I cry a lot.

I am really proud of how far you have come. Stopping self harm is very hard!

MyFiniteInfinity January 23rd, 2015

I'm Jenna. I have been struggling with depression for two years and self harm for the past five months. Yesterday I confessed to my mom that I had been cutting. I'm two weeks clean right now. I'm hoping to not relapse again.

stay strong. ❤️

<3 Stay strong my dear

sria May 7th, 2015

Jenna I'm proud of you. Glad that you are taking steps to fight. Talking to your mother is a bg accomplishment. Don't give up. And 2 weeks is really good. Bless you :)

agaW919 January 23rd, 2015

Hi I'm Aga. Im new here. I struggle with social anxiety panic and depression. Im looking for support. Thank you for letting me share ❤️

Of course. Feel free to message me any time if you want to talk :)

amberthepsychic January 23rd, 2015

Hi, I'm Amber and I struggle with depression and anxiety. I used to see a school councillor, but she said she was going to move me onto someone else but she never did and I am way too scared to ask! A couple of days I decided to stop self-harming... So I'm only a few days clean, but now at least I've realised I want to recover. My username is amberthepsychic because my name is amber and it is also referring to a song about mental illness called Maya the Psychic by my favourite singer, Gerard Way. :)

Matria March 17th, 2015

I've recovered from self harm, and it can be difficult. The easiest way is to replace your cutting routine with something else, and to remember to be nice to yourself if you accidently slip up. I believe in you. :)

amberthepsychic January 24th, 2015

Hi, I'm Amber and I struggle with depression and anxiety. I used to see a school councillor, but she said she was going to move me onto someone else but she never did and I am way too scared to ask! A couple of days I decided to stop self-harming... So I'm only a few days clean, but now at least I've realised I want to recover. My username is amberthepsychic because my name is amber and it is also referring to a song about mental illness called Maya the Psychic by my favourite singer, Gerard Way. :)

Nice to meet you Amber! I am very proud of how far you have come :D

reliableMango71 January 28th, 2015

Hi I am Stacy, I have been suffering on and off for 10 years, ever since my pregnancy with my son. He is a treasure, but bring him into the world surfaced anxieties like I have never had before. the heights of fear, sadness, hatred.....I have lost a marriage over the anger inside me, I lost a job, I lost another long termrelationship since my marriage, I am trying to get my head on straight to finished my education, I feel like I need to talk regularly and I can not focus on anything except trying to heal, so far I dont feel like I am healing at all - I am ruminating!!!!! When will the pain go away?

Hi Stacy. Wow you have over come alot! Please feel free to message me or any other listener when ever you want to talk <3

Hi Stacy. Wow you have over come alot! Please feel free to message me or any other listener when ever you want to talk <3

Kristen1993 January 29th, 2015

Hi, my name is Kristen. I've been struggling with depression since the age of 13. I finally sought help after my family who doesn't believe in depression said I needed to get help. I had become more and more reserved, putting up a wall around myself and my peers and had stopped smiling. I struggled with feeling worthless and being a waste of my family's time and money. In going to therapy I had my own reservations, I didn't like the fact that I needed help. I wanted to be able to handle things on my own, but obviously it wasn't working. Going to get treatment has been one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. I'm not magically all better, and there are days where I still fall into a state of helplessness or numbness, but this is as close to happy as I've felt in years. If anybody needs someone to talk and vent to feel free to get in contact with me.

I understand completely!
Keep going!

lavenderSugar71 January 30th, 2015

Hi Kristen, my family is like yours and I just started counselling too. I don't like it for the same reasons too but need the help so giving it a try

Chrissy January 29th, 2015

Hey, my name is Chrissy :)

I went into recovery for depression around 2 yearsago and since then I cant say its been easy but I've come a long way!

I mainly want to provide support for people still battling through this forum and I know a fair bitabout the UK mental health system if anyone from the UK needs someone to chat to. Im willing to provide support 1-1 for anyone who needs it also <3

Nice to meet you!
You are doing a great job <3

SilentWren January 30th, 2015

I this weekend is it. After years of tormenting thoughts I've made the decision. It will finally be over. I have no one to tell because A. They don't care. B. THEY WOULD NEVER BELIEVE ME. I was just taking a bath and BAM...it hit me. This weekend is it. I feel relieved in a way. I am ready. To whoever sees this. It's ok. I am finally going to be pain free and shame free. Goodbye.

LittleshopofHorrors January 30th, 2015

Please don't. It gets better it always does. I've been living with it for 7 years of depression, it gets better. Things may a little slow, but new things happen. May be a new person who will listen, or just a change in your outlook. Please talk to someone, I and many others would be willing to listen. Please don't stop trying.

SilentWren January 30th, 2015

20 years of depression and it doesn't get better. At least not for me. I tried a chat with a listener but he said he had to end the chat and told me to call a suicide line. Been there and done that. Oh well. Thanks for reading my note. Thank you.

OoParisBeautyoO January 30th, 2015

Please don't do this, I don't know you but I care about you. You have way too much to live for, I'm 16 years old and I've been going through depression for many years. I suffer from it more now, because my mom died when I was 12. I understand, it may not be the same situation but the pain is still the same. If you need someone, I'm here. Someone is here. No matter how hard it may seem, and when it feels like you want to give up and throw away the towel don't. Because I can't quit and never can you. You have too much to live for. I'll be your best friend, hell I'll be your #1 fan if you want me to be. Just please don't do this. I know how it feels to cry everyday and everynight. To hate yourself, and want to giveup. I know the struggle, and its as real as it can get. I know. But, please just don't. Please...

rnellz OP February 3rd, 2015

Silent... Are you there?

helloPineapple1618 March 14th, 2015

Hey what's up?

sociableKitten1309 March 20th, 2015

Depression and anxiety is like being drunk or high. Your judgement becomes impaired when it's affecting you. Bad decisions you would regret start brewing in your head and you need to stop those thoughts before they get a chance to grow

PurpleLychee March 14th, 2015

Hello all. I'm 18 and really struggling to continue at the moment. I'm live in Sydney but I'm from England.I am in my final year secondary school which freaks me out because I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I'm ALWAYS tired and life just overwhelms me. I'm not as intelligent as other people, or pretty, or talented which makes me feel crap. My suicidal thoughts have been getting pretty bad recently which scares me but I've never told anyone about my thoughts or feelings. It's nice to meet you all <3

Hey love, I'm also 18 and in my last year of highschool before going to university. It's crazy scary I know, but is here something specific that is bothering you about it or making you have these thoughts ?

This is my very first time in the page so I'm not sure how or if I can start a one on one chat with you but if you know how to then if love to talk about some stuff that can probably benefit both of us.

bookishgem March 14th, 2015

I know how you feel. I'm in my final year of university and STILL don't know what I want to do with my life. But listen, the thing that no one ever tells you is, THAT IS COMPLETELY FINE. You don't need to decide now. Do what you love, not what you feel is expected of you. Take time out to figure things out in your own time.

bookishgem March 14th, 2015

Hello everyone. My name is Jade. I've suffered from depression from the age of 14 (7 years now) but started having panic attacks much earlier. My mum and my nanboth suffer from depression so it almost feels inevitable. I started a new anti-depressant at the beginning of this year and though that things were really going well. And then everything took a turn for the worse again and about 3 weeks ago I felt more depressed than I ever have in my life. I've barely left my bed for a week, I don't have any motivation to move, to get up and go anywhere. I've called in sick to work. I'm completely behind on my university work. And despite having a very supportive boyfriend, I just don't feel supported.

I'm in so much pain. I feel like I'm drowning.

musiclover1127 March 16th, 2015

Hi my name is Maggie. I've been struggling with depression for as long as I can remember. I was born with clinical depression. Some days are better than others. I take the goldberg depression test regularly and my most recent score (on March 14th, 2015) is a 73. meaning I'm severely depressed. I'm hoping being on this website will just keep me alive. I'm constantly thinking about ending it and I don't want to.

Golddustmorgan March 16th, 2015

Hi everyone my names Morgan. I'm new here & I found it by searching for crisis chats. I'm in a bit of a crisis myself, & I have been for about 6-7 months but time has really stood still during it all so I can't really remember the last time I was "okay." I suffer greatly from SEVERE OCD (the most severe of anyone I've ever tried networking with, which can be quite discouraging & confusing), to the point where I can barely live anymore. I'm scared, & tonight my OCD won't let me sleep (out of the fear something "bad" will happen to my loved ones, which is a pretty typical compulsion for me) so I'm posting here. I had a bad day, & self harmed pretty severely. My bad day has transitioned into a bad night, & all in all it's just part of a bad year. I could use some support, or maybe just some reassurance because I'm alone right now which triggers severe panic attacks because I'm always bombarded by violent images when I'm alone or away from people I love. I'm determined to beat this disease but OCD feels more like a demon possessing me some days. You're all really supportive & I'm so glad I found this.

Matria March 17th, 2015

Hi. I'm Jessica. I've had depression for half my life now. I've been getting help, and now my future is "hopeful but guarded" in the words of my psychiatrist.

crimsonRaspberries4114 March 20th, 2015

Hello my name is Max. I'm 25, and gay and the reason I'm here is that I'm having a really difficult time. I was dating a guy for a long time 6+ years and I has known him since kindergarten. I really loved him but I had made a mistake. Not too long after he stepped in front of a train. Which leads to where I am now, the only person I truly loved is gone and it weighs heavy on my mind everyday. I make the motions like everyone else I work, smile, laugh and have fun with friends but I can't not feel guilty or lonely. Basically I have been stuck in a funk for around two years and I just don't know what to do anymore.

HatsEatYou March 20th, 2015

Hello, my names Lizzie,I?m16 and have been suffering with depression for as long as I can remember butonly got diagnosedtwo years ago. It?s hard to fight against something that?s tainting every memory I have but even so I try.

charlotterove March 22nd, 2015

Hi, I'm Charlotte. I've been depressed a very long time. Recently though, I've been at a standstill with life. My father passed away suddenly atthe end of January and a week later, my mother was diagnosed with Stage Four cancer. I feel myself struggling and I'm not coping very well.

Elincia March 22nd, 2015

Hi, my (nick)name is Elincia..... I struggle with depression and anxiety... And I've recently started to self harm. To sum myself up, I am awkward and introverted and shy to the point where I don't want any human contact. But at the same time, I'm lonely and I want to have friends.... But I end up pushing them away, because I never want to do anything. I am also a perfectionist, so I get stressed to the point where I feel sick before taking an exam. I play the viola and I get easily frustrated because I can't fix thing immediately. And if I'm perfectly honest, I just don't really have all that much of a desire to live. Everytime I felt suicidal when I was younger, I would reason my way out of it.... I'm starting to find less and less reasons not to do it. I'm just tired and I want it to stop.