Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

Theuglyduck January 14th, 2016

He is home! I am so happy he is home! My friend is back from the hospital!

Cadence January 19th, 2016

@Theuglyduck

I am so happy for you! Thank you for letting us know, lovely <3 How is he doing?

CaringJoy January 15th, 2016

Feeling grateful for everything that makes me smile...

FuzzyGreenFish January 15th, 2016

I feel kind of lost. I downloaded this app months ago but haven't opened it until now because I know something is wrong, but I don't know what and therefore I don't know how to talk about it

AvaCP481216 January 16th, 2016

I usually feel suicidal deppressed or slightly happy but today I'm just, empty

Alone2myself January 16th, 2016

After crying almost every night for a week or so I have become numb. Is this my mind way of dealing with hurt? Or is it that I have gotten use to being hurt on a daily bases? Every once in a while a lonely tear drop falls down my cheek from no where. So I guess that even though of numb by heart still feels the pain and my mind allows that one tear drop to remind me I will be ok.

straightforwardSummer7272 January 16th, 2016

Most days I just feel really alone, like no one cares about me, even if people are standing right next to me. I feel shoved aside, forgotten. I feel as if I have no control over my own life. Being around everybody in middle school really sucks. I have to constantly wear this face: :-) to cover up this face: :'(

Pam January 18th, 2016

@straightforwardSummer7272 I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I am here for you and am glad you have shared how you are feeling. You do matter.

straightforwardSummer7272 January 19th, 2016

@Pam I know, everyone I've told about my depression says that. But if I myself don't believe it, what does it matter?

Pam January 20th, 2016

@straightforwardSummer7272 It matters because you should be able to freely share how you are feeling. It is ok to feel the way you do and have support.

straightforwardSummer7272 January 20th, 2016

@Pam I suppose so.

impartialComputer9780 January 16th, 2016

Everything hurts, I'm not okay and I will not be okay. I don't want to meet other people, I don't want him to move on. I'm sad, very sad, I don't want to live or exist.

lovingPine3496 January 18th, 2016

I always feel so alone..

yes I have friends..yes I have a way to talk to them..but outside of school...its way tougher.

All my online friends are slowly dispersing..and its killing me.

I just...I don't know how to hold a proper conversation..I have no clue why..it just is.

I feel so empty when there's no school..I'm not surrounded by people who will give me some attention..

Outside of that I'm forced alone with my thoughts. And it makes me crawl back to those people who..hurt me..abused me..or just plain disrespect me..but I feel..at that point its my only choice..and usually when I try to talk to them...its too late..they hate me..

Sorry..😢

politeCup86 January 19th, 2016

@lovingPine3496

Hey Dax, you are never alone lovely! i understand that feelings get so overwhelming sometimes but just try to balance these negative feelings with some positives ...

and please don't be sorry for expressing how you feel, your feelings are all valid and true, please don't be harsh on your self, you seem a very kind and nice person heart

laurazfs1984 January 18th, 2016

I feel like hurting myself so bad like before.. I'm sick and tired of my life and I want it to stop..

@laurazfs1984

i hear your pain, but remember that you only deserve love and happiness, and you can always have a bad day but your presence is precious heart

caribouu January 18th, 2016

Most days my head is filled with fog that I have to wander through to make thoughts, but with my concussion the fog is gone except now...its just empty. Sometimes thoughts come but are very distorted. I'm not sure if I prefer this blackness or the fog, and I'm secretly scared that if I like the blackness I may do something stupid to get another concussion.

@caribouu I understand the image you are talking about, i'd like to share with your a quote i like:

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. ~Thomas A. Edison

heart

energeticSpring4866 January 18th, 2016

Today, I feel stressed about finals and really lonely. I also feel really attacked by my family members as usual.

Pam January 18th, 2016

@energeticSpring4866 Hi, I really can understand how you are feeling. I'm here for you please message me anytime. I encourage you to look at this www.7cupsoftea.com/family-stress/

LovePom January 18th, 2016

I get "help" and I become happy. Once I'm happy more people get mad at me and everyone starts to get after me for some reason. So I go back to being sad and keep my mouth shut. Everyone criticizes me even more. It's just a cycle now. I honestly don't know why people like to hurt my feelings and make me feel bad about myself. I guess that's their cycle...

@LovePom

I read your words, and I can imagine what its like for you. I can imagine how hard it must be, but lovely please always remember that you deserve to be happy and you deserve to design your own cycle heart

imaginativeRaspberries3579 January 18th, 2016

I usually feeling very bad about everything I do or say because it never feels right. But I actually feel very good today thanx to better friend and some exercise and meditation

@imaginativeRaspberries3579

I'm very glad to hear that, these are some of the greatest mood boosts wink

unassumingTree9729 January 18th, 2016

I feel low today.

@unassumingTree9729

Will a HUG makes you feel a little better smiley

Outsider33 January 18th, 2016

I feel like a failure. It seems like everyone is better at everything than me. I really don't think I'm good at anything and I feel like I have nothing to offer the world or myself. I wish I could find a career that doesn't make me feel incompetent. I wish I could find a way to stop hating myself..

@Outsider33

I understand your pain and I empathize with you, just remember When one door closes another door opens, you are much stronger than what you think you are heart

Blackberry98x January 18th, 2016

I feel like I will never feel happy in my life.

King711 January 19th, 2016

What bugs you

@Blackberry98x Youre not alone in this! i'm glad you are reaching out here on 7cups

Some days I wonder what if this is all I have left?

@King711 I hear you on that, you always have us to share with us heart

Some days I wonder what if this is all I have left?

Alwaysdepressed January 19th, 2016

Today, i feel worthless, helpless, tired. I feel like a waste of space and i no longer make anyone happy. Everyone always has a problem with something i do. Everything i do is wrong. Why wont someone help me?

@Alwaysdepressed

i understand how you feel, some days are really heavy on us and it's okay to have all these feelings, but remember always that you have tomorrow to look forward and everything might change by tomorrow, sending you Hugs

Finandjake47 January 19th, 2016

I feel as though rocks are tied to my legs, dragging me down deeper and deeper... I can't find the knot to untie them...

Cadence January 19th, 2016

@Finandjake47

Depression can often lead to that sinking feeling, but the fact that you're here shows that you're trying to swim despite feeling bound to the ties which sink you. And I think that says a lot about your strength and willingness to fight.

You will make it through this, lovely. I promise you that.

Finandjake47 January 19th, 2016

I feel as though rocks are tied to my legs, dragging me down deeper and deeper... I can't find the knot to untie them...

DoTheMudkip17 January 19th, 2016

I feel like. . . no one cares, like no one hears me. I feel alone.