Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

BringMeTheSirensVeil March 5th, 2015

exhausted

FrostedOwls March 5th, 2015

Absolutely exhausted, A bit sad, and anxious for no apparent reason.

emotionalCucumber9319 March 5th, 2015

Exhausted, not loved, depressed, angry at everything.

quietCumberbatch6875 March 5th, 2015

Sad, detached, upset, lonely, anxious, paranuod, hopeless

musicmaniac March 5th, 2015

Scared and upset. My dad just told me he thinks he is suffering from a bit of depression. I'm just scared because everything is changing and I can't handle it. I feel very alone and worthless.

Sara523 March 5th, 2015

Very suicidal and hopeless

karen38 March 5th, 2015

Sarah, I don't know what you are doing through at the moment but I promise you things will improve and while you may not realize it there are many people out there that care about you. I'd really like to encourage you to take this number for the suicide hotline, 1-800-273-8255. I'm not telling you to make the call but please at least write the number down and keep it handy and when the time comes you will know what to do with it. Hugs

Sara523 March 6th, 2015

I'm too anxious to call those hotlines. My suicidal anxiety is horrible

rute March 5th, 2015

I feel very lonely unloved and suicidal

faithsullivan March 6th, 2015

Your loved rute.

rute March 5th, 2015

I feel very lonely unloved and suicidal

brenda67 March 5th, 2015

Sorry! I felt like that the past 3 days

barbarag4 March 6th, 2015

sorry! i have been feeling that way for like 3 months nowfrown but please stay storng, there is always someone that cares for you, you are not alone.

Jade221B March 6th, 2015

Lonely, overwhelmed, sad, scared. As if I'm a burden to others and I can't cry out

BleuDream3r March 6th, 2015

Empty.

yellowCranberry2017 March 6th, 2015

Dealing with grief, plus feeling unloved, unwanted and tempted to self harm.

I feel angry, sad, disappointed, unsure of myself and my life. Anxiety comes upon me at the worst possible time. I have a hard time expressing what's wrong out of fear I will be judged by those I love. I hear (just get over it) a lot. If I could just get over it surely depression would be a thing on the past. Their are time's that I are okay, it seems like depression and anxiety has lost it's grip on me, then something happens and I fall hard with no one to rescue. I thought I was hiding it but then I noticed I am not hiding anything the people around me just don't have the time to pay attention because they are overwhelmed with daily life. We all are battling something

sensitiveSailboat7776 March 6th, 2015

I don't feel, I've worked out my issues and feel better for talking but I honestly don't know how to move on?!

I Don't know how to move forward neither. But I don't wanna remain like this.

ThatBabeFromMars March 6th, 2015

Useless and unwanted👌

Candycharms1 March 6th, 2015

I feel lonely and not important

mistpete75 March 6th, 2015

Exhausted, lonely, feel like people can't understand, at the end of my rope

it's hard to see the light in the middle of darkness. i believe that we have to have hope and trust that all thing's will work for our good, even it does not look like it at the moment. depression brings me shame, i don't think i should be experiencing this.....but i am. Everyday is not a good day. Everyday is not a bad day.

Everyday is worth living even if i don't know the steps to take.

Depression will not define who we are.

it's hard to see the light in the middle of darkness. i believe that we have to have hope and trust that all thing's will work for our good, even it does not look like it at the moment. depression brings me shame, i don't think i should be experiencing this.....but i am. Everyday is not a good day. Everyday is not a bad day.

OOOP...CLICKED ONE TO MANY TIMESsurprise

TooHardToCope March 6th, 2015

Today I feel a little bit calm and better after I faced my problems head on last night. At least I finally had the courage to get it out of my chest and actually...the reaction I got was not as bad as I thought it would be. Not great....but not bad either.

4trying March 8th, 2015

That's great. Hopefully whoever you spoke to will be even better about it after they've had time to sort out their thoughts. I'm glad the initial reaction wasn't too bad!!

hotwings87 March 6th, 2015

Today I actually feel just...tired. I feel better than I did yesterday, but I'm still worried about finances. I hope I can focus on more positive things soon.

tidyCup5359 March 6th, 2015

I feel unlively. I feel as though my body is here but my mind has left me. Im not sure what to do with myself. Imdepressed. Alone. Scared. And more importantly today is the day I gave up. I don't care what happens to me. Im ready to feel like a human again.

thelittledarling123 March 6th, 2015

Today I feel like I can't do anything right, I'm a large failure to everyone, and everyone that says that they care about me, cares about someone more. My friends don't like me because I'm so annoying and it seems like they just put up with me and pretend to like me and I'm feeling completely worthless and finished with everything.

Roadie March 6th, 2015

hi @thelittledarling123

I can understand how you are feeling through my anxiety experience on top of my depression experiences. I know you feel as though they care about others more but don't give in to those thoughts. We are social beings and we need our friends. I know you feel that way but don't let your depression sell you a story that might not be there. Look after yourself, ok?

AmericanPie March 6th, 2015

Feeling weird. My social anxiety almost caused me to have a meltdown at work the other day. My coworkers thought they had done something to piss me off, when in reality, I just needed till be left alone. I wish I could explain to people that I have social anxiety and I'm horribly introverted. Also, I haven't been taking my depression medication. I've put on so much weight since going on it, that I kinda dread taking it again. It beats being depressed though...

Roadie March 6th, 2015

I hear you about the anti-depressant medication.. I had similar issues.. did you talk to you doctor about your reaction to the medication? There may be alternatives?

Regardless, social anxiety is a challenging thing, most especially in a workplace because you can't hide :/

Lesley152 March 6th, 2015

The nights bothered me to the point where I have flashbacks and high anxieties. I have them during the day, but I have copingtechniques to deal with it.Except they all involved concentrations. It is hard forme to concentrate and try torelax to go to sleep at the same time.

Roadie March 6th, 2015

What coping mechanisms do you use and have you used in the past, @Lesley152?

Lesley152 March 6th, 2015

I used distraction as my coping mechanism and obviously it works during the day, not very well at night. I just distract myself with little jobs like dust the tv, make your bed and make a birthday card for your birthday. I know it seems odd, but I feel like I accomplish something today, not matter how small or trivia it is. And if you don't mind getting petty and selfish, it also feels like I am giving the middle finger to the flashback, to the person who constantly tells me that I was going to be institutionalized for the rest of my life. That I wasn't a good person.

In in the past, I used the rubber band technique. I wrapped a rubber band around my wrist and snap it when the flashback starts. I must have used up at least 15 rubber bands. They stretched out so fast, granted it could also be from the hot water when I wash my hands or shower. Anyway, but I recently, that technique doesn't help, it make things worst, it brings backthe flashbacks and they are stronger. Oh goody.

Cole102201 March 6th, 2015

Not feeling the best today.. Lost a lot of great people in the last few months and It just keeps coming... My depression isn't getting any better but not getting any worse... I know there will be better days... Just so hard sometimes... Today I bearly got out of bed.. After I did that I just we get and laid on the couch. Hopping tomorrow is better

Roadie March 6th, 2015

@Cole102201

I have had runs in life like that. It's easy to think that the future will follow the same trend, but it doesn't. Regarding not feeling like getting up and living life. I've been there and wish resources such as these forums and the Depression Support room were around then. You're doing ok :)