Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

June 21st, 2015

Not totally horrible. Not fantastic.

IntheFlow June 21st, 2015

I feel depressed, sad, not motivated in doing anything, i just cant see the point of my existence like why was even born. It seams like no one likes me or not interested enough to give me a chance, to get to know me. Its seams like love isn't meant for me or more likely to feel happiness.sad

pioneeringSail57 June 21st, 2015

Your existence is worth everything. There are people out there who love you for existing. Love can be messy and complicated but don't dwell on heartbreak. At the end of the day, YOU MATTER. Your life matters. And don't ever forget that someone will always have a place in their heart for you.

The thing is you don't feel like it is like that. If it was truly like that then why you always are unwanted , why no one thinks that you are important to fight for instead of choosing someone else just because she lives near or that because i never experienced living in country side, what important instead of feelings or is it that i wasn't enough to even to feel like at leastto try

determinedPear1989 June 21st, 2015

I feel exactly the same my friend.

Sometimes i think how would it be if i wasn't around or something like that..

WonderlandAlice7 June 21st, 2015

That's not the case hun, you are a beautiful person and you deserve to be happy and enjoy your life. I hope it wont be long until you realise that you are worth life

Its hard because you always feel not wanted, that your not good enough so that people would lovemeand accept me the way i am.

WonderlandAlice7 June 21st, 2015

I know just how you feel hun and it is ok to feel that way. I promise you though that you will find people who love and accept you just the way you are. You are an amazing person and you deserve to be treated like that. Keep going. Accept yourself for the beautiful person you are. It will be hard but I know you can do it :)

Numb.

Well... It's Father's Day and I don't have a father so I can honestly say I'm not having a blast today.

lara8383 June 21st, 2015

I don't talk to or see mine anymore after what he did a few years ago,he's torn my world apart, so I know how you're feeling x

navyHuman7808 June 21st, 2015

My birthday is coming up and all I feel is dread. I don't know how I will get through the day. I hate the phrase "good things happen to good people" because it somehow inplies I am a bad person. Everyday I just watch life pass me by

Your not a bad person. Bad people hate admitting that their bad. Don't let things that happened in the past ruin your special day. Have a Happy Birthday :)

Andrea50 June 21st, 2015

I feel like I was robbed of happiness. That's basically everyday for me. My happiness is fake. I hid my pain with a fake smile. Fake joy........ The true pain is in me and I hate it.

June 23rd, 2015

Very alone.

wittyKitten1039 June 23rd, 2015

I feel that the world should just let us end it when we want to. Why the big push on suicide prevention.

WonderlandAlice7 June 23rd, 2015

Because you deserve to live a long and happy life. If you give up now there will be so much you are missing out on and you will never live to know true happiness because things do get better. You have to stick around to see it though. Please stay, beautiful. Don't let the thoughts win because I promise you, you are meant to be in this world

compassionateSail8728 June 23rd, 2015

I feel a bit confused. I have a set suicide date, but now I'm second guessing if I should do it or not. I realize that I have so much compared to other people, and that I take it for granted, but if I chose suicide, then I will feel like I am greedy. But, I also am literally only controlling myself because I know that soon It will all be over and I cannot wait.

WonderlandAlice7 June 23rd, 2015

hey @compassionateSail8728please please please don't go through with your plan. You deserve life. You are a beautiful person and you deserve the chance to get better and be happy. Don't end your life please. I have tried to overdose before and I have also seen my best friend in the hospital numerous times after overdosing and it is the scariest thing I have ever experienced. If you won't decide to stay alive for yourself, do it for those you love. Stay strong x

geaninaa June 26th, 2015

Hey there. Just stay strong and try to think positive ☺ enjoy little things: like flowers or hearing a little child laughing * sending virtual hug*

Skye13 June 27th, 2015

Ohhh no dont go through will it. Life was given to you to enjoy.. there are people suffering out there. We all love you. You might have your enemies and you might hate yourself but deep down inside you love yourself just as much as i do. Your probably thinking i dont even know you. But i feel i know everyone in a way and their backrounds. I love everyone and you for who you are. So love you for who you are. Because i sure as heck do.

TropicalMoo22 June 28th, 2015

Don't. You don't even need to come up with a reason. Just decide not to. It's inevitable that you're going to find some reason to stay alive, and once you do you'll be so relieved that you never went through with it. Just hang on.

Schrodingerscat June 28th, 2015

Pick any reason, it can be stupid or silly or crazy but pick a reason why tomorrow might be better. For me I think that if I was dead, I would never get to taste chocolate ice-creamagain and I would never get another cup of my favorite tea. Don't commit suicide, even if the only reason is continuing to watch your favorite tv show.

Briana98 July 11th, 2015

Things will change. I can promise you that. They won't always be this hard. You're doing an amazing job staying alive and I think you should keep at it. If you need someone to talk to and help you through feelings like this, I and many others are always here to help as much as we can.

countrymomof2 June 26th, 2015

I'm feeling kind of hopeless today. I feel very alone. I'm tired of living this way.

id112 June 26th, 2015

Hi everyone, Im feeling really down and I was hoping for some advice on how to cope. I have got problems with my joints and have recently been diagnosed with IBS on top of that to go with other health issues. I have issues with my self image and always feel ugly ive tried different things to make me feel better but nothing seems to work I feel under appreciated at work and when I apply for other jobs my anxiety gets the better of me so I feel trapped, when I try to speak to my partner about this I feel im not listened to and we end up arguing so I dont know where to turn my parents dont understand mental health and tell me just to get on with it and on top of that my dog recently died who I used to talk to about problems I know he didnt listen but it got my problems out of my head. I dont know where to turn or what to do my support worker told me I was fine and didnt further treatment about November last year. Any help?

geaninaa June 28th, 2015

You should try to talk to your partner or a friend about it, he may help you. About the health problems, try your best to stay safe and take care of yourself. Stay strong <3

id112 June 29th, 2015

Thanks for the support im going to try and get back in touch with my councillor

geaninaa June 29th, 2015

How are you today? sending love and affectionand lots ofhugs from
Romania

Jessica797 June 26th, 2015

I actually feel both relieved and upset. For... For many years I've kept something that I hadn't told ANYONE about before, I shared I side that I tried to forget but I knew that I couldn't bottle it forever. In a post not long ago I admitted that due to a medical condition that I gained weight due to steroids, and that I was so low... I actually opened up and confessed that I thought of suicide... Please forgive me, I'm not being insensitive towards others who are going through this, but if it hadn't been for my mother talking me out of it, well I obviously wouldn't be here! But now I feel guilty because I admitted such, it was over ten years ago and though I have not been pushed to that brink again, I do at times question my existence. The only person that knew any of this was my mother, and I am forever grateful to her for making me see that life is so very precious. Sincerely I wish not to upset anyone, nor would I ever, I just feel like I'm divided right now. Should I feel guilty? I don't know... But at least my burden has somewhat been lifted.

geaninaa June 28th, 2015

I don.t have the right to tell you how you should feel, but i can tell: i.m proud of you. We.re happy to have you here. Sending hugs >:D<

Ivoryrose8311 June 26th, 2015

Woke up completely sad today. And I don't even know why. How can you be sad for no reason?

Andrea50 June 26th, 2015

I am just a 14 year old girl that is worthless. People say teen years are fun but I already missed all of middle school . Depression sucks. I never feel real happiness. Not even fried chicken makes me happy , only satisfies me ( it's supposed to make me happy). Sometimes I get lost wondering , is this the real world? To much pain.

geaninaa June 28th, 2015

Keep fighting, it gets better :) <3

TropicalMoo22 June 28th, 2015

Well most of today was good because I was with one of my close friends. But right now I'm a bit sad because I've just been rejected...He wasn't mean or anything, it's just the disappointment that's making me sad. I know this will pass but it still hurts a lot right now.

Hasunohana June 28th, 2015

I slipped and fell down the stairs not too long ago and I didn't go all the way but I went far down enough to have seriously injured my knee ava my ankle. I'm in a brace now and suppose to be using crutches...I'm taking this thing lightly saying that it's fine, the pain and swelling will go away soon. I'm not thinking that I could end up having major surgery on this knee. stupid sleeping medication is truly the cause of this injury. I jus don't get why, I've always woken up fine from it. anyways, other than thinking that, my mother still thinks I'm suicidal n it sucks. she thinks I'm taking needs to put myself in danger. why couldn't she see it's actually helping me. but of course with this injury she'll continue to think that n worse when or if I have to have surgery...I'm becoming unhealthy n I'm gaining so much weight I'm sick of myself!

Schrodingerscat June 28th, 2015

I had a friend over and it made me realize how selfish I am in that our conversations seem to always be about me and how I feel and how she can help me. I try to talk about her, but she brings it right back to helping me. She might not mind, but it still makes me feel like an awful person.

ClockworkWings June 28th, 2015

I'm sure your friend is just trying to be a support for you because they care about you. They wouldn't want you to feel bad about it. The best thing is to try and support each other, enjoy each others company :)

willingDog8329 June 28th, 2015

I am absolutely crushed. my mom passed late March. it crushed me, she was a alcoholic since my father died in 2010 it killed her. I am a active self harmer. my entire body is always full of sadness I can't live.