Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Being Optimistic (Self Esteem Challenge)

CheeryMango August 11th, 2021

Hello everyone!

Welcome to Day 8 of our Self-Esteem Icebreakers in celebration of the 30 Day Self-Esteem Challenge across the community.

Today's theme is "Being Optimistic".

Are you an optimistic person?

Click HERE to look out for more Self Esteem Challenge Icebreakers
Click HERE to find the Self-Esteem group support sessions schedule for the month
RavenObscure August 11th, 2021

I’m not an optimistic person for myself personally. But for others I have a very different outlook, I’m very optimistic and positive for other people. This in turn does help me stay more positive I guess. In the future I would like to hope that I have more optimism for life though.

lovelyWords13 August 11th, 2021

@CheeryMango

Lovely Post :) I am practicing this daily to look for the good

LovetoGod August 11th, 2021

@CheeryMango
Yes, I am an optimistic person. I always try to be grateful and positive. Life is never easy for anyone. Ups and downs always come but still nothing is forever. Have a hope for good. Everyday is second chance and give your best to make everyday beautiful✨❤

cheerfulIceCream August 11th, 2021

Not necessarily optimistic but definitely super hopeful because I see things from like 2873 different angels. 😂

Shine928 August 11th, 2021

I’m a hopeful pessimist. I feel like things are always going to fail and explode in my face due to a decade of such events happening. But there’s a part of me that always hopes for the positive. However, I refuse to believe in that hope out of the fear of getting hurt. I guess in an ideal world though I’d love to nourish and nurture that hopeful aspect of me

SoftGlisten21 August 11th, 2021

@CheeryMango
I did not know I had been doing this for a while. I'm still feeding myself with optimistism :)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 13th, 2021

Feeding our soul with some optimism is good food for the soul ! You're doing great , Softiee ❤🌻 @SoftShine2020

mytwistedsoul August 11th, 2021

I'm not. If something seems good it probably isn't or if it truly is - I turn it bad

Solome24 August 11th, 2021

I wouldn't describe myself as an optimistic person, but it's something I am working on improving, namely thinking more positively/replacing negative thinking with more realistic and positive thinking

Star996 August 11th, 2021

@CheeryMango

I like to think I am, hahah. Positive, as in, not too much positive, like positivity for short term goals, I suppose. That's because I don't like to think a lot about my future and not enjoy my present. Yep, that's my answer! 😁😁😁😁

11820Read August 11th, 2021

People often describe me as an optimist, but I feel more like a pessimist with a bunch of hope inside. It's something I fear to lose, because once a person loses hope, they lose everything.

Shine928 August 12th, 2021

I really like this description @11820Read <3 I’m very similar. It’s important to keep hope alive

PeaceLoveandPaws August 11th, 2021

@CheeryMango

Speaking for myself, optimism can to me later in life when I learned more about self acceptance and self love.

Torean August 11th, 2021

@CheeryMango

I don't know. See, the picture that came with your post, I do all of those things. But I also do assume the worst, have very little faith in most, and sort of see the flaws in everything. And is the glass half-empty or half-full? I don't even focus on that question. Like, I philosophically wonder other things instead, symbolically... First, are there free refills? Also, what am I drinking? It could be something like a mixed drink that I'm sipping slow anyway... Or it could be something like a soda, which I'm probably not going to finish anyway. And also, how long am I gonna be sitting there? If it isn't long, then I'm not worried, I'll have enough to get me through. Anyway, I don't identify as optimist or pessimist...and I *especially* don't identify as a realist, because I'm more of an absurdist at heart I guess. I mean, yeah, stuff is real, and we can look at it negatively or positively, but... Are we even *really* looking at it? It's kind of absurd when you do.

EveryMindMatters August 11th, 2021

I’d say I’m quite optimistic. I’m definitely more of a glass half full than half empty kinda girl!

Sighna August 11th, 2021

I am optimistic to make myself feel better about the uncertain future, if I start being pessimistic I would feel hopeless in everything.

SoulPitstop August 11th, 2021

Aren't we supposed to be the mixture of everything? That's how life works?why just particular?

VioletSpringGlade August 11th, 2021

@SoulPitstop

Good question! Yes I agree balance is good, we can have too much of a good thing. Some realism is necessary else we may swing 'too far' in one direction.
It is healthier to be more on the side of 'positive' thoughts/feelings, as these keep/create a healthier body and mind. Long amounts of time in negative thoughts/feelings, pessimism etc have effects such as lower our immune system, high blood pressure, and long term these help create disease.
It depends on our environment also, if it is not great then we need to protect/defend ourselves/make changes, but when we then carry negativity long term when we are out of that situation it can be detrimental, and more of a trauma response. Just my thoughts at this moment! blush

What are your thoughts on this? I love how not everyone answers some icebreakers directly, but question or disagree or change it to respect their boundaries/thoughts.

SoulPitstop August 11th, 2021

@VioletSpringGlade Greetings! Too much anything spoils everything. But, knowing limits in everything, flourishes anything. Just positive could never create life. If electrons are the white coin then the protons are the black coin. Neutron is the red. Ratios must be different to attain the reason of this existence. Glad you got it. Enjoy!

VioletSpringGlade August 12th, 2021

@SoulPitstop

I love this. Thank you.

SoulPitstop August 12th, 2021

Vanakkam 🙏

lovelyWords13 August 12th, 2021

@SoulPitstop

Namaste :) yes

SoulPitstop August 12th, 2021

@lovelywords13 vanakkam 🙏 how are you doing?

lovelyWords13 August 12th, 2021

@SoulPitstop
Thank you for asking :) I am doing well , hope you are doing well too

Storyhymns1234 August 11th, 2021

Am I an optimistic person? I wish had an easy answer to that. I think I am. I also believe it's not that tough but I also have problems with it. I want to be a bit more optimistic with time.

You'll get there, one day at a time ! Here's to being hopeful ❤ @Storyhymns1234

sia1325 August 11th, 2021

I guess I am optimistic person, I do tend to look at things from apositive side and try to spread positivity around as well! (:

You certainly do 🤗 @sia1325

sia1325 August 13th, 2021

So do you! @Sunisshiningandsoareyou ♥🤗♥

Aw🥰🤗❤ @sia1325

sia1325 August 13th, 2021

♥🤗♥🤗♥🤗♥🤗♥🤗♥ @Sunisshiningandsoareyou

VioletSpringGlade August 11th, 2021

I have had long periods of my life of extreme optimism, and also periods of extreme pessimism. I am not so good at neutral, but am learning, because it is good to have some element of realism.
When I am TOO optimistic I can launch into new projects/hobbies based on a moment of enthusiasm, forgetting that I don't have the time or money to take on something new. But, sometimes this ability has allowed me to make some great achievements, which I might not have done otherwise.

altruistic8155 August 11th, 2021

Great

it seems you are a strong person who is ready for anything life through at us.

than for sharing

altruistic8155 August 11th, 2021

Thanks *

Olivia210 August 12th, 2021

Hey hey everyone ❤️❤️

I would definitely describe myself as an optimistic person, however I'm not perfect!
This community is so uplifting, it helps me to stay mindful and optimistic 🌟

mobteru August 12th, 2021

@CheeryMango i am a very optimistic person! of course i have my down days and i struggle with my self-esteem and i can be really hard on myself sometimes, but i know that there's hope for me and i have a bright future ahead of me even if where i am right now isn't the best place. i know that i can make it out of my rut and my pain isn't forever. i offer positivity to my loved ones that need it as well and i'm good at uplifting others <3

Can I save your message please, it looks like one awesome affirmation !! " not where I need to be ~ but I'll get there " , " pain is definitely not forever , this too shall passs and I'll rise again " ~~ Big love my friend, you surely are great at uplifting people! May your bright light continue to shine always ! ❤🌻 @mobteru

mobteru August 14th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou absolutely, feel free to save what you find inspiring!! thank you so much!! i wish only the best for you as well my friend, hoping for lovely beautiful things for you <3

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 14th, 2021

Aww thanks so much, you're awesome sauce 🤗❤ @mobteru

mobteru August 14th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou of course!! right back at you <3