Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sharing Experiences : Depression and Support

Angelanj Thursday

Hey everyone!

I'm reaching out today because I'm curious to hear your views on depression. What do you wish people understood about what it's like to live with depression? And what kind of support would you find most helpful?

Sharing our experiences can help reduce stigma and provide support to others who may be feeling alone. Let's create a safe and understanding space for everyone.

Looking forward to the responses,

Angelanj ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿค—

@Angelanj

I wish people would stop caring if I die or not. You have never spoken to me before but somehow know the value of my life?

TenderPerson Friday

I feels the same sometimes, but, i think they're trying to help you, they just don't know how, and your life is important because every human life is valuable, even if these people haven't talked to you before, they still see that you feel bad, they still can't leave you in this state. At least i personally think so โค๏ธ

@TenderPerson

There is a fallacy that human life has infinite worth that cannot be diminished. Because they have what they need to be happy and productive they believe everyone else should value life as much as they do.ย 

They are like people eating in a restaurant looking out the window to see someone rummaging through the trash for a scrap of food and wondering why they are not eating inside like they are.ย 

Angelanj OP 2 days ago

@TenderPerson Yes! Sometimes people's delivery may not be the best but often they are coming from a place of genuine care for you ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿซ‚ And yes your lives are valuable!

Angelanj OP 2 days ago

@Gettingbettertoday I can understand why you might feel that way. It's tough when people seem to have strong opinions about our lives. Remember, even if you don't know someone personally, they may care about you more than you realize. Their concern likely comes from a place of genuine care, even if it's expressed in a way that doesn't feel right. It's okay to feel alone sometimes, but know that there are people who value your presence in this world. ๐Ÿซ‚๐Ÿ’– You matter! ๐Ÿค—

Sending love and light your way,

Angelanj ๐Ÿ’—

I wish people would realize depression is more than just being sad. There's physical symptoms and more.

Angelanj OP Friday

@compassionateMoon4024 I hear you. It must be frustrating that people don't understand the depth of depression. It's a real condition with both mental and physical symptoms. And it's more than just feeling down; it's a physical and emotional struggle. It's important to remember that there are people who do understand and support you, and seeking help can make a big difference. If you ever want to chat and share more about your experience with depression you can inbox me if you want ๐Ÿซ‚๐Ÿ’— Sending love and light your way!ย 

@Angelanj Thanks. The struggle is real.

Angelanj OP 2 days ago

@compassionateMoon4024 ๐Ÿซ‚ I understand, we're here to support you the best way we can. We're rotting for you ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

Mya000 3 days ago

@Angelanj Thank you for this opportunity to share! Iโ€™d like to talk a little about my experience with depression, which Iโ€™ve faced during my teenage years and likely even in childhood.There are many things I wish people could understand about this condition.

Depression is not just about being tired, lazy, or a little sad. This is a serious and potentially deadly mental health issue that affects countless individuals, regardless of age, and can stem from various factors.

While healing is absolutely possible with the right support and resources, we must acknowledge that most people face barriers in accessing the care they need. Factors such as genetics, family history, living conditions, available support systems and health care significantly impact our health journey.

I encourage everyone to approach this topic with kindness and understanding. If you or someone you know is struggling with depression, please remember that you are not alone. We see you, we believe you, and we stand with you. ๐Ÿ’–

Sending love and healing to all!

love-heart.gif

is6abella 2 days ago

@Angelanjย 

i genuinely feel like nobody cares about me or my mental health at all. i feel like i cant tell anybody anything.

BrundleFly23 2 days ago

I wish that people understood that it is a real event and an actual mental state. We donโ€™t want to feel the way we feel: down, tired, emotionally bereft, powerless, helpless, and afraid. Though it is in our power to react accordingly to our depression, it is also out of our power the the thoughts that have led us to these dark places and moments. Compassion is key.

And as for the kind of support: Iโ€™d say simple love and compassion will go along way if you canโ€™t just lend and ear. Thank You!