Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I can’t do anything How do I crochet?

decisivePlace3786 September 3rd, 2023

I’d love to really know how to crochet. Anyone?

confidentpanda September 3rd, 2023

@decisivePlace3786

Definitely look to Youtube! That’s how I learned and it’s an amazing resource.

trueconfidant123 September 4th, 2023

@decisivePlace3786

Tagging @BlitheSun @Gabrielamtineo to help you with this. 💞

Gabrielamtineo September 4th, 2023

Hi! I started to crochet 3 months ago and I can recommend you:

1. there is really good playlist of classes on YouTube that can help you learning and watching some short videos if you need to focus on an specific Stitch
  2. practice so you can make the stitches not to thigh and not to loose, is a common thing at the beginning so don’t worried about it, with practice will get better
  3. You should buy a couple of yarns of the same size not to big but not to small so you can get used to it in case you need to use a smaller one or a bigger one
  4. you can buy a started kit of hooks so you don’t have to worried about buying hooks whenever you get a new yarn, NOTE: some yarns have in the tag the ideal hook size you should use with it
  5. you can search on TK for inspiration if you want to do your first projects. Recommendation: start with a head band or a Bennie they are pretty beginners friendly

I hope I could help you🥰

@Gabrielamtineo

Woah Gabriela, I appreciate the detailed explanation. Thank you! ❤️🫂

Gabrielamtineo September 4th, 2023

Thank you for having me in mind for the help❤️

@Gabrielamtineo

You're welcome! ❤️

LucyGray1799 October 23rd, 2023

@decisivePlace3786

I can definetly say youtube is a good resource, but what works really well for me is crochet books. the words and abbreviations may be a bit confusing at first but it really helps with learning to read patterns.

One other thing to be carful about is the difference between us and british terminology, because they have different names for each stich.