Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Add some sparkle to your day with this simple craft?

EmotionsListener May 20th

So, this is a fairly simple craft that only takes a few items but can be lots of fun, and doesn't require a lot of special skills either! It’s like painted rocks in a new and shiny way.

gem-craft-2b_1716227042.jpg

(image consists of a glass bead craft with silver stars set over blue and purple glitter)

Materials:

• Clear flat glass beads of any size

• Nail polish or paint in your choice of colour(s) (I like glitter nail polish)

• Clear nail polish or sealant

• Glitter & confetti (optional)

• Pens or markers that work on glass (optional)

gem-craft-supply_1716227095.jpg

(image consists of clear flat glass beads and assorted colours of nail polish)

Instructions:

• So the process is simple, first wash and dry your flat glass beads then lay them so that the flat side is facing up, this will be the side you paint/decorate. 

• If you are using pens or markers to add to your design, draw these on the flat backing, note the final project will be flipped so any writing will need to be reversed.

• Then, if you are using a loose glitter or confetti, paint a thin layer of clear nail polish and sprinkle or lay the glitter/confetti into this layer. Allow the nail polish to dry completely before moving to the next step. (If larger pieces of confetti are used  you may need to add a second coat of clear nail polish before moving on in order to keep it secure and prevent other colours from seeping  under the confetti.)

• Next you will take your main colour of paint or nail polish and paint a thin layer on the flat side of the glass bead. This is very important: Always allow it to dry completely between layers, not just to the touch. You may need to add multiple coats to achieve the intensity of colour you want..

• Finally add a layer of clear nail polish or sealant and leave it to dry overnight.

Flip over your new “gems” and admire your work!  

gem-craft_1716227164.jpg

(image consists of a dish with finished glass bead crafts in various colours)

Things to remember:

• If you don’t allow enough time between layers to dry or apply too thick a layer of paint the paint can become gummy and easily marked/dented, and ultimately be left with a mess.

• If the final layer of nail polish or sealant is sticky even after drying you may want to add a layer of felt to the bottom to protect other surfaces from transfer.

• Even if some of your gems didn’t turnout, you can always use some nail polish remover before sealing and try again!

So will you be making some gems to add a bit of sparkle to your day? Maybe you have a pet rock who could use a glassy friend? Share yours with us!

To be added or removed from taglist click here

Tagging: @AustinIsDepressed101 @BirdKing449 @cal1860 @daydreammemories @EmotionsListener @GwydionRowan @iloveyouxx @ivoryAcai80 @LoveMyMoonflowers @loyalApricot1375 @MistyMagic @Mya000 @Park2139 @RachelListener @Rainboho @rainlove27 @Ralien @Renaitre2023 @RogueOne1983 @SomebodySpicy13 @theboymoana @TheCrew4887 @tidyHickory3283 @tommy @VioletWater @WorkingitThrough2

We are looking for active posters so if you are interested in joining our Team please read here and apply.

@EmotionsListener

Omigoosh sooo pretty and sparkly. Will definitely try this!🥰

EmotionsListener OP May 22nd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I don't know why but I find it oddly satisfying, I hope you will too!

@EmotionsListener

It isssss quite satisfying hehe!

Heather225 May 20th

@EmotionsListener

omg i am absolutely wild about this idea!!! if anyone does this please please tag me I want to see 👀

@Heather225

So is there a colour you would like to see? I must admit I've even made some of these with "Happy Birthday" confetti in them. Sort of a different kind of birthday card.

Heather225 May 22nd

@EmotionsListener

i'd love to see some soft/pastel colors or very dark deep colors to really show off the glitter/galaxy/cosmic themes like that purple one

Heather225 May 22nd

@EmotionsListener

ooh or like a smoky quartz/black. i wonder what that would look like

HopieRemi May 21st

Oh this is lovely! :O 

Tagging @AnnaSilverberg because I know Anna likes glitter and maybe Anna will be interested in this.

AnnaSilverberg May 21st
@HopieRemi

Woow! 😮
This is fabulous! 

✨💙✨
✨ 

@AnnaSilverberg

I know the sparkle is what keeps me making more of these! ✨✨

@HopieRemi

Thanks for spreading the sparkle around! ✨

HopieRemi May 22nd

@EmotionsListener

You're welcome! glitter.gif

theboymoana May 22nd

@EmotionsListener

that so cool 😮😮want make am going ask foster people can get things do that ! Amelia am foster sister do lot craft thing me will see she helps !

theboymoana June 20th

@EmotionsListener

look !! foster sister Amelia help me we going make more really like make them but had put grip holder thing on brush thing to small hold very good

f3367e09-6ced-4a7d-9719-07afd5ea5da2_1718915313.jpeg

ad8dcf9d-7707-4388-9048-8e43faafaebf_1718915354.jpeg

f7b43320-d26e-47d1-9a16-d9730cf07092_1718915373.jpeg

Heather225 June 20th

@theboymoana

i knew my subscribing to this thread was a good idea. these are soooooo cute!

Heather225 June 20th

@theboymoana

the detail in all these is stunning too. i can't decide which one i'm drawn to most!

theboymoana June 22nd

@Heather225 

thanks H !! Was fun make so much different ones we going get more clear things different size so can make lots different size to !! Amelia and me going do fairy gardens use these in them 😮😍💛 

Heather225 June 24th

@theboymoana

fairy gardens! i love them! do tag when you drop photos!

EmotionsListener OP June 21st

@theboymoana

These are amazing, thank you so much for sharing  your results! I hope you enjoyed the process.

theboymoana June 22nd

@EmotionsListener

thank you !! Thanks for share how do this like so much we going make more get different size and use in fairy gardens we going make ! Never do fairy gardens just Amelia say these be real good paths borders stuff 😍💛💛

EmotionsListener OP June 22nd

@theboymoana

I've used some for fairy gardens as well, they make lovely little fairy stepping stones and borders. The larger flat glass beads can be a bit more challenging to find than the small ones, but they are definitely fun too. I've also used these to make magnets before though I had to get some super glue and the extra strong neodymium magnets because of the weight of the glass bead.

Sounds like lots of fun projects ahead - It's one of the things I like about making a fairy garden, you can do lots of different craft projects to make the different pieces you need, in mine I have things I've crocheted, origami, polymer clay, pipe cleaner trees, glass bead fairy stones, I even made fake snow by mixing an extremely fine white gravel with glitter and glue and forming it into the snow shapes.

Thank you again for sharing!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

jesusredeemedme2425 August 10th

Those are GORGEOUS!!!! I wanna see more <3