Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Whats some advice you d give urself if u could go back in time

flowlikewater07 August 23rd

Could be a letter to ur past self.. could be wt u wish someone would hv told u back then.. smtg u wish other people in similar situations get to know.. here's ur outlet

Tinywhisper11 August 26th

@hopefuloutlook awww honey, I'm sorry🙁 have you considered anger management?? You know you can't change the past, but you here which means you want to get better. That makes you a good person ❀

calmingcomfortero August 25th

It's a great prompt. I appreciate it!

A letter to myself:

Thank you for surviving till now so that I can be the person I am today. I won’t let you down.(:

calmingcomfortero August 25th

Just survive and don't give up

@calmingcomfortero awwww that's a really sweet message ❀❀ I'm glad you survived and proud of the person you are today ❀❀ hugs you tightly ❀

flowlikewater07 OP August 26th

@calmingcomfortero Thank u for ur answer

And yes, the past versions of us weathered and survived through life so that we could live life today.. thats smtg to be grateful for for sure

Zhakk August 25th

"So, you know of the spotlight effect, right. Turns out it's more than "don't worry about your failure, nobody really cares about them". When they said to you "do not treat others in ways that you would not like to be treated" and "lead by example" you thought you would sacrifice a bunch to ensure you're never a problem in the first place. After all, you won't have to be sorry if you don't make a mistake or break a promise, what could be a better example to show right?. Yeah well, they don't notice that either, it's passive. Your borderline ascetic lifestyle will stunt your growth. I know you're tempted to think it's not that bad, you’ll still be able to catch up once you'll feel prepared, and you will feel that way. But you can't. So many of them will assume you've lived your 20s roughly like most of them and will judge you for it, despite their best wishes not to. They won't actively bar you from trying to get these experiences but they will let you know you're that guy with the "uncle who still thinks he has it" energy, you will read it in them, constantly.

Be proactive with your kindness. Do not over-invest in any of them. Stop thinking about their feelings, let them tell you. Build things you like. Never feel bad about something you can't control, especially the few of them who have decided that being upset at everything and everyone while doing nothing is their only way, you haven’t wronged them, stop thinking that, I beg you. You are not born as an unredeemable wretch just because you’re a white man, you’ve been raised well. At least well enough.

I know you'll understand everything and grok none of it. We both know you'll have to experience it. Bon Courage.

See you soon. Oh, and buy all the Nvidia stocks you can ;)"

@Zhakk Thank you for this, I'm sure this is smtg many of us need to see.. 

ps- just checked out the stocks and holy damn.

@Zhakk I'm not sure I understand all this, sorry. But I'm gonna give you a giant tiny hug ❀ squeezes you tightly ❀ I hope your doing ok

littleMaple5937 August 26th

I wish I was more humble, I wish I didn't ask for so much or dream so high. I wish I never hurt the first and possibly the only guy who ever loved me. I wish I worked on myself harder. I wish I loved and cherished my mother more while I had her.

@littleMaple5937

Maple, I am sorry for the losses you endured. No one is replaceable, not your mother or the guy you speak of but that doesn't mean you wont get to experience love and beauty and be loved and cared for.. you have the self awareness to realise u made mistakes, thats big first step. Keep showing up as a tiny bit better each day and it will get better

@littleMaple5937 🙁 the regrets if what could have been differentđŸ˜„ it's always not easy to think back at our what ifsđŸ˜„ the only thing to do know is learn from them. Love yourself, love your life, and spread love where ever you go ❀hugs you tightly ❀

ShelteringTree7 August 26th

Don’t get married.

@ShelteringTree7 yep! It's scientifically proven that 100% of divorces start with marriage😂😂😂

I'm sorry I hope alot, I'm sorry your marriage wasn't great🙁 gives you a giant tiny hug ❀

@Tinywhisper11 joke* alot

@GoldenHawk8887 very true, self care is extremely important ❀❀

blue0range August 26th

COURAGE To Speak up to People Whoever my heart is talking them to.

@blue0range awww🙁 speaking up is not always easy. I hope you find your courage to voice your opinions soon ❀ gives you a giant tiny hug ❀

Letsfindabrightplace August 26th

Don’t take cruical decisions in a bad mood. Calm yourselfe down first.

A rash decision can change the trajectory of your life.

@Letsfindabrightplace that's very very true, before you make any decisions it's best to sleep on it first ❀❀

BubListens August 26th

@flowlikewater07 I'd probably have told myself to keep avoiding people, and covet pieces of land that old people left behind lol.

@BubListens awww honey that's kinda sad, but completely understandable people can be very scary. But you know I believe there is more good people than bad in this world ❀

@flowlikewater07 I'd tell myself to just keep doing what your doing, you are helpless in this situation. But one day you will get rescued. And you will be brought to a new world full of magic and beauty, you will be happy. And have and see things you could never even imagine. Those people are liars, we survive ❀ it's all gonna be ok oneday ❀

IcecreamSundae5 August 26th

Don't worry so much. Everything will fall into place.

Don't take people's words to heart--people often lie and put you down.

Don't give up so easily.

ConureConnor August 26th

Dear past me,

Sometimes the people that are supposed to love and care for you are the ones that end up hurting you the most.

You are not “crazy,” you are not “evil,” and you are not responsible for everything that goes wrong.

Some people will tell you that they love you, and they may honestly believe that they mean it, but their actions will show that they just aren’t willing to love you as you are- some people will even try to change who you are as an “act of love.” They are doing what they think is right for you, even if it’s not what’s actually right for you.

Some people will be in denial about who you are. They will say that they know you better than you know yourself. They are wrong.

You will feel alone. You will feel unwanted. You will feel like your existence is wrong. You will feel like you have to cling onto anyone new that walks into your life, change yourself into whoever they’d want you to be, and try to force yourself to like it just so you don’t have to be alone with your own thoughts and feelings. You’ll do anything to avoid having to confront yourself.

You’ll keep looking for someone to “fix” you. But the truth is, nobody can “fix” you. The things you were taught to hate about yourself are not flaws that need to be fixed. You will never be happy until you accept that and look inward.

Your happiness can’t come solely from other people. The only person that can change you for the better is yourself, and you have to make the active decision to do that. You are not where you come from, you are not the things that were done to you, you are an individual human being with your own thoughts, feelings, and way of experiencing life.

Your circumstances are temporary. The pain is temporary. It will take years for you to fully accept yourself, but once you do, you will feel a type of joy that you never knew existed. You will one day be okay with being on your own sometimes- because you won’t hate the person you are. You will one day find people that love you for who you are. You will learn what it’s like to love and be loved in a healthy way.

All you have to do is stay alive. Which, I know you somehow managed to do, because I’m still here- happier than I’ve ever been.

You’ve got this. I know you do.

Sincerely,

Present me (Future me to my past self I guess 😄)

flowlikewater07 OP August 27th

@ConureConnor connor, if u ever write a book, Im buying a copy

Hugs (if accepted) to u, and continue being happpyy

ConureConnor August 28th

Thank you! (hugs accepted lol)

Joey20 August 26th

All those people who made you feel like you are not enough are wrong, and you don't have to try harder to have their validation.

@Joey20 Yess!!! This needs to be pained on walls "You are enough"

And you ll never be enough for the wrong person, n they don't need to be a part of ur life or wt impacts u (here the u is generalised for everyone)

Joey20 August 28th

Unfortunately they are family ð„ÂČ

Staryskies03 August 26th

I want my past self to understand to not let everything be in control and it's okay to let loose. It's okay to not be your wisest self and do things of your age. It's okay to divert your attention from being the smartest and to live

@Staryskies03 Well i had some thoughts on my mind earlier today n this is smtg i may hv needed to hear

so thank u

Kashcourse August 26th

@flowlikewater07 I wish I could have written a letter to myself, warned her about everything, and put her on the right track before anything happened. I wish I could have made her understand everything 

@Kashcourse Kash we all make mistakes. If the same situation happened again, you would be able to know a better choice to make, but thats only possible cuz u hv the knowledge now that past u didn't

N for wtv u wish didn't happen, sending strength healing and warmth for u to heal and forgive urself 

Digvijaysingh247 August 26th

@flowlikewater07

study hard 

@Digvijaysingh247 Classico, n any chance ur indian?

dhabib August 27th

@flowlikewater07 I would love to hear is respect someone say I will be okay give me a hug and support me not ignore disrespect me 

@dhabib

You are going to be okay, you re doing well, and better days lie ahead.. u ve got ur back, n I'm rooting for u.

Hugss

ricktgarrett August 28th

@dhabib (((hugs)))

dhabib Monday

@ricktgarrett thank you for the hug I need that 

easyScarf7950 August 28th

I would tell my teenage self: to take the psychology class Instead of intro to law, and that my messy room, lack of motivation, boredom, social awkwardness and feeling like I'm drowning in my homework were all part of the same problem.

I would tell my early 20s self to come up with a financial plan for going back to school for my bachelor's degree in another state, rather than holding onto unrealistic expectations of working a minimum wage job to pay my way and depending on the kindness of others.

I would tell my mid-20s self to get help with managing stress.

I would tell my late-20s to 30 year-old self that I am not stupid, just struggling to adapt to many changes while also managing ADHD. And I would tell my late 20s self that there is no shame in not being a career woman, especially if I'm not interested in a career, nor is there shame in being a stay-at-home mom. In fact, the work I have at home is much more fulfilling than work that I've had outside of the home.