Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

All Aboard the Gratitude Express: Come In And Share Your Joyful Moments

PetiteSouris July 30th

Howdy Content Development and Marketing Community‼️

This is my final post for the Content and Development Marketing "5 forum posts" elective requirement. I wanted it to be a meaningful one. I brainstormed for quite a while and considered writing about Motivational Interviewing, especially since I’m taking a course on it. But after some reflection, I thought, "Nah, too boring, Souris‼ "

Yesterday, I was feeling overwhelmed with an outpouring of thanks. A mentee of mine sent me this message:

"Hi Petite, I want to let you know that I appreciate all that you are doing, not only for me but also for the 7Cups community. Because of what you are doing, lots of us are growing."

Wow! It was the most heartwarming message ever!

So today, grab your tea🫖, coffee☕️, or water💦 because we’re diving into something truly uplifting. Today, we’re going to talk about ❤︎GRATITUDE❤︎- it makes us feel better and spreads positivity all around. So let's celebrate what we are thankful for and ✨shine a light on our Joyful Moments

grateful-be.gif

Here are THREE ways to Shine a Light on Your Joyful Moments:

1. Celebrate Your Wins- I am participating in a Fitness study with a research university and I was given a coach to help me along the way. Often times, I feel as if I haven't  made any progress. And he reminds me, "Hey! However small, celebrate the things which brought you joy." So I challenge you, What are some things that made you 🙂smile🙃 recently? 

2. Spotlight on People- If you didn't skip to this part, then you've read how grateful I felt reading my mentees comment to me. I gave them a Shout-Out🔊, didn't I? Give a shout-out to someone who  has made a positive impact in your life. It can even be the waiter at your "go to restaurant" who always remembers your name. ☺︎

3. Memorable Photos- I love to stop and take photos when I go on hikes, sometimes it could be just a leaf🍃. I would stop to admire it. Do you have a snapshot which conveys a moment of joy? Post it here! If not share a GIF which makes you happy, [look for the wand🪄when you reply to add on a GIF].

To Get Us Started, Here is My Gratitude List: 

rain-shower.gif

Im super grateful for the rainy days we have been having in my neck of the woods. I got the opportunity to spend countless hours watching the hummingbirds in my backyard fight over feeders. 

you%27re-the-best-you-are-the-best.gif

Shout-out to you‼️ Yes, you‼️ 

You have been reading my posts and participating. Your kindness didn't go unnoticed. I planned this entire post with you in mind.

Thank you so much for supporting me❣️

image-30_1722349193.jpeg

I am thankful for moments I get to spend in nature: this tree looks like it's practicing yoga. You can't see from this view, but it has "two legs". I like to imagine it is in 🐍cobra🐍 pose. 

❤︎

Now it's your turn! Shine a Light on Your Joyful Moments!

What is making you grateful today? 

be-thankful-for-what-you-have-start-your-week-with-gratitude.gif

Im ready, with my cup🍵 of  ginger🫚 and pineapple tea🍍, to read all your posts! 

@coolvibes @clarisse29 @delightfulunicorn29 @positivelyluna333 @lolaa9 @daydreammemories @hollytail @fifaadict123 @meenakshi29 @fifaadict123 @liveloveforgive @heather225 @soulfullybutterfly @train1

This post is brought to you by the Content Development & Marketing Program. Find out more information about the program here

Clio9876 August 1st

@PetiteSouris

I'm grateful my cat got better.

I'm grateful for being able to afford new windows.

I'm grateful for a relatively peaceful day at work.

PetiteSouris OP August 1st

@Clio9876

Love these for you‼️

Kitty has a loving owner❤︎It must have been a stressful time to have an unwell cat, Im thankful too that he/she is feeling better❤︎

thankful-thankyou.gif

Have a peaceful day at work.

onwardforevenmore August 1st

I'm grateful this platform exists to share my updates during my recovery! This week I walked more than 10,000 steps for the first time since I got long covid more than 2 years ago! And the shoulder doctor apt said I'm doing great in PT recovering from a frozen shoulder since January - no need to come back to him - keep doing the exercises since they are helping! Yay! It's nice to have an audience to share the positive stuff with when I don't have a boyfriend/husband in my life (yet - I'm looking!)! It's nice to have supportive listeners who are on my side, no matter what the issue/subject/topic is. That really helps keep me going.  Thanks for having this platform available!

celebrate-balloons.gif

@onwardforevenmore

Loved reading the reasons you are grateful! 

💪 10,000 Steps! 💪

Let's 🎉celebrate🎉 those 10,000 Steps!!! That is a big deal!!

My wishes to you in your continued healing at this time.

Im grateful to have appreciate members who value the work listeners are doing on 7cups.

Thank you for Shouting Out 7 cups Listeners. 

@PetiteSouris

I'm so thankful and grateful for the honest young woman with the sweetest smile who complimented my shoes.

Even though she was quite obviously unhoused and struggling with substances she chose to smile, be kind and make the world a more beautiful place for someone else.

It was incredibly humbling and gratifying to be the recipient of her grace.

I'm also so thankful and grateful for the smell of a delicious meal I managed to make for myself after so much overthinking about it...

Some organic olive oil and garlic on bread, then an organic local marinara sauce and parmesan on top, toasted, with a dried greens blend and nooch sprinkled on top.

The smell of it was worth all the suffering I had been through to create it.

@PetiteSouris

Also I'm so thankful and grateful for you. Without this post I'd probably never be able to reflect so well on the joyful things I experienced today.

Private journaling can feel too isolating, a blog too exposed and when it's just in the mind, can disappear and become lost in the shuffle so easily.

So thanks for this opportunity to connect with and clarify my positive thoughts and beliefs.

thank-you-gif-images-thank-you-so-much-gif.gif

@communicativePond1728

Thank you for the Shout Out

🥰🤭

@communicativePond1728

📢Shout Out📢 to the lady with the sweetest smile.

Sometimes, it is the littlest things which bring us gratitude. 

terrbrad-brad-armstrong.gif

That recipe sounds too good! I caught my self salivating. I have questions if you dont mind sharing more on your recipe: What type of bread did you use? What is nooch? Since I will have to use a store brought marinara sauce, which one should I get? Or can I make my own? I have tons of basil in my garden. 

@PetiteSouris

I used a whole wheat or brown bread that was donated to me through a community pantry program. By the way today is Thursday which is named after the planet Jupiter...and the colour often associated with Jupiter is yellow, so it's a great day to wear yellow and donate foods and sweets of the colour yellow.

So yes the marinara was from a store; I suggest something locally made to cut down on the pollution from travel time of food and organic or at least non-gmo so it's not taking more energy to digest than it gives back.

Oh, as an aside regarding nutrition, sprouting is great as it's a nutrient dense source of fresh food any time of year.. it's doesn't require a lot of space or effort and requires no soil at all unlike a garden at times.

But if you can make your own fresh toppings with the basil such as a pesto or a basil, tomato and cheese and even make your own bread that's the best!

Nooch is American slang for nutritional yeast...it is a health food that's used in such recipes as dressings, cheeses, sauces and dips and can be fortified with vitamin B.

Bruschetta means 'over coals'. Is it just me or does food taste better raw or cooked with fire?

slowdecline48 August 2nd

@communicativePond1728

"Is it just me or does food taste better...cooked with fire?"

No, it's not just you. Countless people (mostly men) have understood this throughout the ages & know it well today. That's why grills exist. That is one reason why I own a hibachi grill. Live coals & cast iron put heat into the food like nothing else. I don't use it too often but when I do, whatever is cooked turns out fantastic. And quick, too!

@slowdecline48 it was a rhetorical question but okay. 

PetiteSouris OP August 3rd

@communicativePond1728

Is nooch similar in taste to marmite? I dont like the taste of marmite.

slowdecline48 August 2nd

This afternoon I met with the seller, his realtor, & my realtor showed up. We met at the title company & their rep was there. I signed the papers; he did the same; we both got copies.

The land is mine.

slowdecline48 August 2nd
And yes, I am grateful indeed.

@slowdecline48

Woah! Thank you for sharing such exciting news with us! 

Congrats on your land! 

Continue expressing gratitude each and everyday!

celebration-celebrate.gif

slowdecline48 August 3rd

...every so often, I do remember who helped me get to this point.

hopefulDew435 August 2nd

@PetiteSouris

I'm grateful for the community here at 7 cups and the ability to connect with so many wonderful people. It's been an amazing journey, filled with growth and positivity💕

I'd like to shout-out you, Souris, for this great post and all of your efforts and dedication! 

Baking brings me so much joy and I recently made the softest batch of cookies and treated myself to one: 

1000043379_1722577431.jpg

🍪 @hopefulDew435 🍪

self-care-positivity.gif

That cookie🍪 looks so yummy‼️ I bet that it  was delicious‼️

Also Shout out to our amazing community: 7cups‼️

Thank you for the Shout out‼️

Hollytail August 3rd

@PetiteSouris Hi! Thank you for your post! In the past week, I went to met a bunch of good friends I thought I would never get a chance to meet them again in the whole life. I was definitely moved and grateful for all the effort being involved by my great friends!

PetiteSouris OP August 7th

@Hollytail

It's always good times when we get the opportunity to hang out with old friends. 

Sounds like you had a blast catching up, love that for you‼️

self-care-positivity.gif

delightfulUnicorn38 August 13th

@PetiteSouris

I like this post , thanks for sharing it with us , i m grateful for many things too , sunny days , ice cream , nice people , books , and you 🌸