Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

8) Content Categories and Topics of Interest at 7 Cups

SoulfullyAButterfly February 26th, 2021

In this discussion, we will understand an overview of the current focus of content at 7 Cups through content categories as well as topics of interest for current and prospective content development.

Current Article Topics at 7 Cups can be found here

In addition, the content focus areas (alongside some ideas of sub-areas that can be focused on) include:

1. Depression (signs and symptoms, postpartum depression, seasonal depression, other types, causes, treatment, supporting someone with depression).

2. Anxiety (symptoms, social, separation or other types, causes, treatment, role of meditation, other coping skills)

3. Phobias (definition, types, most common, rare, coping)

4. PTSD (meaning, symptoms, types, therapies, causes, awareness, coping)

5. Sleeping Disorders (symptoms, types, effects of deprivation, causes, coping, relationship of sleep and mental health)

6. Eating Disorders (signs, types, causes, treatments, how to stop binge eating, statistics, recovery)

7. OCD (meaning, symptoms, causes, types, thoughts, personality disorder)

8. Schizophrenia (types of symptoms, causes, treatments, early signs, risk factors, prevalence statistics)

9. Substance Abuse (definition, symptoms, effects, causes, risk factors, treatment)

10. Physical Abuse (signs, effects, types)

11. Emotional Abuse (signs, emotionally abusive relationships, parents, cycle, effects, role of gaslighting, types, healing)

12. Sexual Abuse (signs, types, effects, survivor stories)

13. Family (family therapy, family signs, family conflicts and resolutions)

14. Couples (couples therapy, counseling, exercises)

15. Sexual Disorders (sexual disorder information, therapies)

16. Addictions (symptoms, types, treatment, how to break an addiction)

17. Child and Adolescent (social media, substance abuse, anxiety, how to help teens)

18. LGBT (counseling, support, coping with unsupportive people, coming out)

19. COVID-19 (social distancing, loneliness, job loss, financial stress, coping)

20. Maternal (postpartum depression, anxiety, maternal mental health)

21. Coping Skills

22. Stress (symptoms, management, coping)

23. Relationships (symptoms of toxic or unsupportive relationships, leaving a relationship, coping with breakups)

24. Parenting (single parents, foster parents, parenting stress)

25. Grief and Loss (types, symptoms, stages, coping)

26. ADHD (symptoms, causes, statistics)

27. Autism (signs, causes, awareness, types, coping)

28. Self-Esteem (signs, how to boost, affirmations, activities)

29. CBT (definition, techniques, CBT for X (any) conditions)

30. BIPOC (mental health, racism, stigma, coping)

Activity

After reading the content focus areas, mention which area you are interested in developing content for and why. Reflect and share feedback on at least one student’s shared reason too.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

Womerz January 31st, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Hi! I am most interested in producing content focusing on the effects on mental health whilst using hormonal birth control.

I feel this is an area that could do with a more open dialogue online.

marvelloustree1111 February 9th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I would like to develop content related to depression since it is something I have dealt with in the past.

I can also write on CBT and ADHD.

froyopeach February 14th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly I think I'm interested in exploring more deeply the content in the depression area, specifically seasonal depression because I think seasonal depression is unpredictable and really affects our daily performance so I want to learn more about causes, treatments and also how to support oneself towards seasonal depression.

dreamRainbows3245 February 17th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I think depression and anxiety is something I would be interested in developing content for as it really an important topic. I also had dealt with it personally and so would be able to add that insight.

Wildarkberry February 21st, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly I think having an experience with one of the topics can be a great background to write. So I will stick with depression as I have experience with it and I've learned a lot from that too. also, Depression has a wide range of issues cause. I think it will be great to write about it.

marvelloustree1111 March 4th, 2022

@Wildarkberry

That would be great! I am sure we need more articles on the topic. All the best.

crang17 March 8th, 2022

@Wildarkberry I agree with you. I think that the topics with which we have experience would make it more easier for us to digest and understand as well as give us extra motivation to keep on working on those topics.

Cheers!!

Prachi9876 March 7th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

My Topic of Interest is Self-Esteem (signs, how to boost, affirmations, activities). Reason is simple: I have had issues with my self esteem personally. I have read a lot of books, watched a lot of content on the said topic. I personally like speaking about the same. Making myself aware about the topic has helped me and I wish to have an impact along the similar lines on others via 7Cups as well.

However, I will be open to exploring new topics at any given time in future :)

KBeauty12 April 8th, 2022

@Prachi9876

Yes, I can relate to the self - esteem.

crang17 March 8th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

As a clinical psychology student, I wish to explore all the areas mentioned above, but I feel more connected to these topics: Anxiety, Sleeping Disorders, Eating Disorders, Couples, PTSD, Stress, Self-esteem, Child and Adolescent, and CBT.

I've struggled a lot with Anxiety, Sleeping Disorders, Emotional eating, self-esteem issues, and stress in the past, so I feel a deep connection with them.

Meanwhile, PTSD, ADHD, Child adolescence, and CBT are some topics that I am also very interested to work with.

Thank you!

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 8th, 2022

@crang17 these are amazing topics! thanks for sharing your interests

crang17 March 8th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly thank you! 💜 I hope my coursework responses will meet the standards of CDM. ^_^

@crang17

Yes, I see that you have quite a list, I can be indecisive when coming to choosing topics as well, lol

MoonlightHelper1 March 17th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I would like to contribute with content to Relationships, Stress, Managing Emotions, and Anxiety as I feel I have the most knowledge and lived experience in these topics.

colorfulTurtle948 April 6th, 2022

@MoonlightHelper1 I would totally read your articles because I am terrible at relationship stuff. I want to be able to give better feedback to my members other than empty words, so I look forward to your pieces!

MoonlightHelper1 April 6th, 2022

@colorfulTurtle948

Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it! I also love the topic you chose. I had a job offer to be a private therapist for an autistic child, however, I was moving abroad so I had to turn it down. It is a fascinating topic!

March 18th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I would like to focus on the topic of stress, as it is something that everyone experiences and not many people handle stress well. It would be great if I get a chance to help people through my articles and research.😊

Destiny4157 March 26th, 2022

Hello @Helpingheart23,

Stress is a great topic choice! As you said, everyone has experienced stress, and sometimes it can be hard to handle. Your research, experiences, and knowledge can help people manage stress.

Train1 April 7th, 2022

@Destiny4157

Hi Destiny4157,

Stress is definitely a great topic to research. Everyone stresses out and we all know that it is not good for us but unlike excessive drinking or eating unhealthy food we cannot simply eliminate it from our lives. It always finds a way to come back. Finding new ways to reduce our stress is very important.

Destiny4157 March 26th, 2022

Hello Everyone,

The area I'm interested in developing content for is financial challenges and finances. I chose this topic because I intend to pursue a career in the finance field along with marketing. Creating content for this topic would be a good way for me to gain experience in this field and assist others that have faced financial challenges or need help managing their finances.

yellowcloudZzz April 5th, 2022

@Destiny4157

That's great! Finding a way to improve in yourself while helping others 😊

Destiny4157 April 11th, 2022

Yes! I'm excited to get started. Thank you!

yellowcloudZzz April 5th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I am interested in emotional abuse and coping skills.

Emotional abuse because it's not always easy for people who are in emotionally toxic relationships to realize they're in one. And it is very common to experience emotional abuse, even from the people you thought loved you and so I would like to help share more awareness on it.

Coping, I have noticed that even when people spot what's wrong they still feel stuck, they don't know what next to do. And with so many tips and resources out there, it can be overwhelming to pick. I would like to research and share coping skills that work for different people in different situations and not just a general way to cope.

colorfulTurtle948 April 6th, 2022

I am interested in writing for Autism (or Autism Spectrum Disorder to be exact) since I worked in research in that field briefly. Really fascinating stuff that people just gloss over and put under the umbrella of "autism."

Train1 April 7th, 2022

@colorfulTurtle948

Colorfulturtle I also agree with you about autism. There are so many people that fit into this spectrum whether high or low functioning. Helping people living with autism is definitely not a one size fits all approach. We need to have many tools in our toolkit to help them out.

Kpopcat2020 April 21st, 2022

@colorfulTurtle948

Yeah, people do really go over things like autism and other things, when people really do have it. Like my friend has depression, and his family acts like it's NBD, but it's really making him sad and I hate it when people do that.

alex000 May 22nd, 2022

@colorfulTurtle948

Loved your choice. I just learned more about autism from the Netflix series love on the spectrum.

I do wish there was more information about autism out there to teach people that disabilities do not make those on the spectrum any different from the rest of the world. Glad you're going to put that information out there.

Train1 April 7th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Depression

I am interested in developing content for depression as it seems to be quite a common and often misunderstood disorder. I know a lot about it and how to overcome it; however, it is not easy to treat it. Many people seem to receive medication for depression, which also produces more challenges.

Anxiety

Anxiety is something that I have had personal experience with and I would like to use my own lived experience to assist people to overcome it. I would also like to find alternate ways to treat the disorder.]

Eating Disorders

Since I was 10 I have always been self-conscious about my appearance and weight, and it has been just recently that I have not been so worried about it. However, there are many people around me that seem to comment, either negatively or positively about my weight and this seems to be chipping away at my confidence in regards to my body image and could potentially cause me to form an eating disorder. Eating disorders seem to be very complex and I believe could affect many people and therefore I think it is an important area to study.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

For me, there is a lot, because you know you hear about these conditions, and truly I would not know in-depth about it. However, I cannot still narrow it down to one, but my interests are spirituality, the main reason and I also saw someone post it. This community is lacking and I believe with prayer and having faith in God, we can do so much more. Our strength does not rely on our own.

The other area I want to focus, specifically for the purpose of this content is body-image, as it relates to emotional and physical abuse. This area is quite personal for me, as I am experiencing it, so I also want to read up on this and relate to others

ouiCherie April 28th, 2022

@KBeauty12

Great thinking K 💜

Body image issues is a topic that still not explored much yet many people struggling with it. With your personal experience, it would be a powerful article. I'm looking forward to reading the article!

_1651150528.jpg_20220411_031121_0000.jpg

CoffeeAddict07 April 20th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I think that I would be interested in the topic of Eating Disorders because I'm already involved with an initiative that is working to connect people who are suffering from or recovering from an eating disorder together! Also, as someone who has suffered from one, I know how tough they can be especially when you feel like you lack a support system!

sshn07 June 4th, 2022

@CoffeeAddict07

I admire your interest and existing development in this topic. I believe this to be an important topic in our current society to dive into and be educated about to make informed decisions when it comes to their physical health such as dieting and food intake, and improved self-worth. In addition to that, your direct experience with it helps to incorporate expertise and trust into your content.

Kpopcat2020 April 21st, 2022

I would like to develop content on stress and relationships, because I have lots of expertise on both of those and wish to help others from following the same path as I have.

Also, I've been told that I boost people's self-esteem and am very positive, as well as an energetic person, so maybe self-esteem would be a good category for me, too.

nessa104 April 22nd, 2022

@Kpopcat2020

Amazing! Only personal experience can provide accurate and reassuring insights.

You would undoubtedly make a valuable contribution by assisting persons with low self-esteem.

nessa104 April 22nd, 2022

My topics of interest are

Emotional Abuse

Substance Abuse

ADHD ,

Student Life,

Self-Harm,

Dissociative Identity Disorder

People in my immediate environment have a big influence on me. I want them to see that they are capable of overcoming their challenges.

BlueCup55 April 27th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I am interested in creating content for anxiety, sleeping disorders, and self-esteem.

Reason: I struggle with it in my day-to-day life, want to help those who go through the same and hence spread awareness about it.

alex000 May 22nd, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I am interested in writing content about anxiety. The reason being I've suffered with awful anxiety for several years now. And I feel people do not know what a broad spectrum anxiety really is.

I would love to share more about anxiety with others, so people like me who suffer with anxiety are not misunderstood or prejudiced.

usefulSummer3139 May 23rd, 2022

@alex000

Thank you for sharing! I love how you want to contribute your experience because anxiety is a broad spectrum. I agree with the fact that most people often don't understand how varied anxiety can be!

alex000 May 23rd, 2022

@usefulSummer3139

Thank you for the good feedback

usefulSummer3139 May 23rd, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I'd love to contribute to the content focus area, "Anxiety." This is because I have first-hand experience with anxiety symptoms and the role of medication and other coping mechanisms in treating anxiety.