Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3) Social Media Graphics: Promoting Site Content

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

Graphics can be created to support as well as summarize site content on social media platforms that link back to the original content through shares links alongside them. For example, we can create graphics to present our optimized Question and Answer Page or a summary of an expert article.

Through this discussion, we will discuss the process of designing graphics, using image captions and hashtags, as well as posting best practices

(i) Designing Graphics:

To aid the graphic designing process, you can consider using sites that allow you to not only create your own graphics but provide a wide range of templates that you can edit.

Some tips to consider include:

• Know which design size you require beforehand - this may vary based on the social media platform. For example, Instagram offers a maximum resolution of 1080 x 1080 px.

• Use only 2 font designs to avoid going overboard.

• Use contrasting fonts or different text sizes to grab attention and to ensure the main message is conveyed.

• Less is sometimes more: if your design does not require extra backgrounds, images, or design layers, consider going with white space as that helps avoid your content being avoided due to noise.

• Use icons to help graphically summarize your content.

• Consider combining consistency with creativity: ask yourself what your major content can creatively look like as consistency is a core principle of content creation. Consistency also applies to your design (font, colors, etc). For example, an analysis of 7 Cups Instagram can help identify that most of the posts are quotes, affirmations, etc. Note that more foundational blocks can always be introduced into the flow with time.

• Consider adding your logo or site information on your graphic to help strengthen your brand.

• Think of ways to stand out: Research and observe current trends, international events, and other possible content inspirations, but don’t be afraid to think outside the box to trial new creative ideas. For example, 7 Cups hosted a very successful and engaging Mental Health Trick or Treat

Sites that have free editable templates include:

(ii) Image Captions and Hashtags

• Remember that your image caption not only represents the content you are posting about but the brand you represent.

• Consider the length of your caption based on your social media platform. For instance, Twitter limits characters, Instagram can be used for a medium length caption, while Facebook could host longer article-style captions too!

• Some ideas of captions include: summarizing the content, mentioning the main motto of the post, etc.

• Add emojis to connect with your audience.

• Don’t forget to ensure readability by breaking up your longer captions with headings or spaces.

• Questions help engage the audience: never forget to look for opportunities for reflection such as one-word answers to yes/no questions, or other quick icebreakers such as what everyone plans to do at the weekend.

• A call to action is important to ensure further practical engagement. You can remind users about more details about supporting content present in the link in your bio or directly share your relevant link (depending on the social media platform)

• Structure your caption with important information at the beginning, followed by any additional information of interest (such as goals, facts), questions for engagement, call to action, etc - you can style your structure based on your content type.

• Include relevant hashtags and consider using mentions and tagging other users. Researching relevant hashtags involves keeping an eye on the hashtags used by influencers and leading figures and profiles within the industry, looking for trends and patterns, finding related hashtags just like related keywords, as well as trialing different groups of hashtags for certain content types. Last but not least, your brand can aim to start a new hashtag of its own as well! Some websites have tools that can help you target and research hashtags - some examples are included in this external link.

(iii) Posting Time

Many people often wonder when to post their content, and this curiosity is definitely important because posting time does influence engagement and value of the content posted - however, there are no correct rules of guidance.

Rather, posting times should be based on insights on when your audience is most likely to be active - most social media platforms offer these insights for business or creator accounts, alongside insights in regards to other engagement factors.

One excellent feature to utilize to ensure posting time, as well as a smooth flow of content, is to plan content in advance and schedule posts - scheduling is possible through the Twitter platform as well as the Facebook Business Suite for both Instagram and Facebook

Activity

Using your answer to the question in Discussion 2’s activity, create a social media graphic presenting the content and share your graphic as a reply to this post. Creativity is welcome for this task, and you can create any form of content. Feel welcome to use the 7 Cups social media content for inspiration if needed. Reply to at least one student’s graphic as well.

Tip: You can discuss ideas or ask for help in the student discussion and support thread!

Not sure how to add images directly into this forum discussion? Find instructions here

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

@sky2Ocean20 Thank you Sky! I didn't want to get stuck to only one kind of style since abstract is my favorite. I love your abstract too. The illustration is so minimal and fresh! Love the 7 cups logo text in the background, looks so clean. ❤️

sky2Ocean20 March 19th

@ThoughtsBubbleExpress

typix-awesome.gif

@sky2Ocean20 You’re awesomer and awesomest 😂

sky2Ocean20 March 18th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

being-aware-of-our-emotion-is-the-foundation-of-self-love_1710775600.png

My design from the previous discussion summary. 

walkalot March 19th

@sky2Ocean20

Well done, Sky. Love this graphic

FeureVox March 23rd

@SoulfullyAButterfly

This image encapsulates the dual themes of the image, aiming to resonate with viewers seeking tranquility and self-empowerment.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vJox5Eo

FeureVox March 23rd

@SoulfullyAButterfly Apologies for adding an image without the 7cups logo.

I have uploaded another image, so please ignore the previous post.

This image encapsulates the dual themes of the image, aiming to resonate with viewers seeking tranquility and self-empowerment.

Looking forward to your feedback.
InsightfulPhoenix March 23rd

i-feel-that-when-you-are-taking-a-moment-of-reflection-and-noticing-that-you-don-t-feel-aligned-to-those-you-love-it-stems-from-deep-rooted-trauma-from-the-past-this-is-not-your-fault-nor-is-it_1711237553.png

InsightfulPhoenix March 24th

@InsightfulPhoenix here is another one I also thought of on the spot 

i-feel-that-when-you-are-taking-a-moment-of-reflection-and-noticing-that-you-don-t-feel-aligned-to-those-you-love-it-stems-from-deep-rooted-trauma-from-the-past-this-is-not-your-fault-nor-is-it-2_1711238574.png

walkalot March 25th

@InsightfulPhoenix
Good images, Phoenix. Small feedback is: I think the first is a bit wordy. The second, maybe you need to make the words pop out more.

walkalot March 25th

@InsightfulPhoenix

Looks like you finished the trial. Congrats! Remember to fill in the trial completion form.

InsightfulPhoenix March 25th

I have already done so 😊 @walkalot

walkalot March 25th

@InsightfulPhoenix

then youre off to a different mentor. My work is done.

FeureVox March 25th

@InsightfulPhoenix The image appears to be a thoughtfully designed graphic that visually interprets self-reflection and emotional wellness themes. However, the connection between the image and the specific questions about paper bags for panic attacks and feelings of inadequacy needs to be more direct. Here’s an analysis based on the questions:

Resonance with Question 1:
The concept of using paper bags to alleviate symptoms of panic attacks is associated with the action of breathing and physical coping mechanisms. The image, focused on self-acceptance, does not depict or imply anything related to this physical method of managing panic symptoms. Using paper bags to help with panic attacks must have a clear resonance.

Resonance with Question 2:
The image resonates more closely with the second question. The emphasis on self-acceptance and the quote suggests a beneficial mindset when tackling feelings of inadequacy. It conveys the idea of not allowing others' perceptions to dictate one’s self-worth, which is a constructive approach when feeling not good enough for someone.

Constructive Critique:

1) The graphic is vibrant and colorful, with a central illustration that draws the eye. The flower motifs and bright background suggest positivity and growth.

2) The choice of font and color for the main message, "Self-Acceptance is Key," is legible and stands out. However, the smaller text could be more challenging to read due to its size and color, which could affect the overall impact of the message.

3) While the graphic beautifully encapsulates themes of self-acceptance and emotional healing, it could be more aligned with the specific themes of the questions if that was the intention. Including elements that suggest coping strategies for panic (like calming imagery or a motif of breath) or visual symbols representing self-evaluation and overcoming doubt could make the connection to the questions more transparent.

4) The quote complements the visual elements well, providing a powerful takeaway for the viewer. However, the image alone does not explicitly connect to practical advice or strategies for the mentioned issues.
InsightfulPhoenix March 26th

@FeureVox

Thank you for your feedback and I will consider it. It is very much appreciated.🤗

Not to mention, I appreciate anything that will make my imagery pop more or anything to change things that need work. Practice makes perfect and you helped me see that thank you once more!

FeureVox March 26th

@InsightfulPhoenix It is my pleasure to read your response.

I just want to add that "Perfection" is a delusion, and it does not belong to humans; one must keep the door of improvement and learning open all their lives.

InsightfulPhoenix March 26th

@feurevox, you are absolutely correct on that. 😁

I also absolutely love your graphic designs 💞

FeureVox March 26th

@InsightfulPhoenix Thank you very much. But I must say, you're a Winner.

I used GPT to create an image of what I wanted to share through my thoughts.

FeureVox March 24th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

emb-ur-self-panic-attacks-7cups_1711312630.jpg

FeureVox March 24th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Paper Bag and Panic Attacks

panic-attacks-paper-bags_1711314667.jpeg

Not good enough for someone.

panic-attack-7cups_1711314613.jpeg

walkalot March 25th

@FeureVox

Wow, nice ones, feure

walkalot March 25th

@FeureVox

Looks like you finished the trial. Well done. Make sure to fill in the trial completion form

@FeureVox

This is simply amazing, great work!! 😉

BloomingSakura March 31st

7-cups-social-media-graphics_1711888925.png

Here's the graphic I made based from the previous discussion!

MariposaDeLaLuna7 April 8th

@BloomingSakura

i really love the simplicity of your graphic. The icon in the middle is very well chosen and it pops out very well like that. It symbolizes what you wrote in the post. Also the colors are congruent to the 7 Cups colors. 

walkalot April 8th

@BloomingSakura

Hi Sakura. Well done. I feel the love in this one

@SoulfullyAButterfly

cdm-photo_1711963893.png

walkalot April 8th

@TogetherForeverAlways

Well done. But I feel the 7cup logo is a bit weird. Can you make the white part transparent? Then it would be better

@walkalot

Yes, you are right. Thanks for the suggestion!

@TogetherForeverAlways

i really like your graphic

MariposaDeLaLuna7 April 8th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

6b5527cb-bdde-40ec-87ad-498f0c84a057_1712543318.jpeg

This post is intended for *** and would then do 5 more slides, each one with a different way to boost your self-worth. 

walkalot April 8th

@MariposaDeLaLuna7

Looks great. Nice creativity

BloomingSakura April 9th

@MariposaDeLaLuna7
I think your graphic looks wonderful! I love the usage of the fonts that makes the text pops out more. The background is also simple and creates a nice theme with the graphic so it doesn't clutter the space as well!
Great work ^^

coolvibes April 30th

@BloomingSakura I love the warm feel of your graphic. I would have like to have been able to see the additional displays to see the suggestions involved. your templates where stylish and expressive. your back ground was clear and eye catching.

coolvibes April 30th

@coolvibes my response was for @MariposaDeLaLuna7

unassumingEyes June 1st

@MariposaDeLaLuna7 Your graphic looks great! The used colours and fonts are a great choice. Only thing missing is site logo or link etc. Love the look of this one! 

pandanfe April 11th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

you-are-worthy_1712859440.png

walkalot April 12th

@pandanfe

Great job, Pandanfe. But remember that it should either have the 7cups logo or the 7cups web address on it, as it's meant to promote the site.

Looks like you've finished the trial, so don't forget to fill out the trial completion form

walkalot May 1st

@coolvibes

Hi Cool Vibes, this image is not publicly available. can you post it somewhere else or change the settings on your design to allow anyone to see it?