Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3) Social Media Graphics: Promoting Site Content

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

Graphics can be created to support as well as summarize site content on social media platforms that link back to the original content through shares links alongside them. For example, we can create graphics to present our optimized Question and Answer Page or a summary of an expert article.

Through this discussion, we will discuss the process of designing graphics, using image captions and hashtags, as well as posting best practices

(i) Designing Graphics:

To aid the graphic designing process, you can consider using sites that allow you to not only create your own graphics but provide a wide range of templates that you can edit.

Some tips to consider include:

• Know which design size you require beforehand - this may vary based on the social media platform. For example, Instagram offers a maximum resolution of 1080 x 1080 px.

• Use only 2 font designs to avoid going overboard.

• Use contrasting fonts or different text sizes to grab attention and to ensure the main message is conveyed.

• Less is sometimes more: if your design does not require extra backgrounds, images, or design layers, consider going with white space as that helps avoid your content being avoided due to noise.

• Use icons to help graphically summarize your content.

• Consider combining consistency with creativity: ask yourself what your major content can creatively look like as consistency is a core principle of content creation. Consistency also applies to your design (font, colors, etc). For example, an analysis of 7 Cups Instagram can help identify that most of the posts are quotes, affirmations, etc. Note that more foundational blocks can always be introduced into the flow with time.

• Consider adding your logo or site information on your graphic to help strengthen your brand.

• Think of ways to stand out: Research and observe current trends, international events, and other possible content inspirations, but don’t be afraid to think outside the box to trial new creative ideas. For example, 7 Cups hosted a very successful and engaging Mental Health Trick or Treat

Sites that have free editable templates include:

(ii) Image Captions and Hashtags

• Remember that your image caption not only represents the content you are posting about but the brand you represent.

• Consider the length of your caption based on your social media platform. For instance, Twitter limits characters, Instagram can be used for a medium length caption, while Facebook could host longer article-style captions too!

• Some ideas of captions include: summarizing the content, mentioning the main motto of the post, etc.

• Add emojis to connect with your audience.

• Don’t forget to ensure readability by breaking up your longer captions with headings or spaces.

• Questions help engage the audience: never forget to look for opportunities for reflection such as one-word answers to yes/no questions, or other quick icebreakers such as what everyone plans to do at the weekend.

• A call to action is important to ensure further practical engagement. You can remind users about more details about supporting content present in the link in your bio or directly share your relevant link (depending on the social media platform)

• Structure your caption with important information at the beginning, followed by any additional information of interest (such as goals, facts), questions for engagement, call to action, etc - you can style your structure based on your content type.

• Include relevant hashtags and consider using mentions and tagging other users. Researching relevant hashtags involves keeping an eye on the hashtags used by influencers and leading figures and profiles within the industry, looking for trends and patterns, finding related hashtags just like related keywords, as well as trialing different groups of hashtags for certain content types. Last but not least, your brand can aim to start a new hashtag of its own as well! Some websites have tools that can help you target and research hashtags - some examples are included in this external link.

(iii) Posting Time

Many people often wonder when to post their content, and this curiosity is definitely important because posting time does influence engagement and value of the content posted - however, there are no correct rules of guidance.

Rather, posting times should be based on insights on when your audience is most likely to be active - most social media platforms offer these insights for business or creator accounts, alongside insights in regards to other engagement factors.

One excellent feature to utilize to ensure posting time, as well as a smooth flow of content, is to plan content in advance and schedule posts - scheduling is possible through the Twitter platform as well as the Facebook Business Suite for both Instagram and Facebook

Activity

Using your answer to the question in Discussion 2’s activity, create a social media graphic presenting the content and share your graphic as a reply to this post. Creativity is welcome for this task, and you can create any form of content. Feel welcome to use the 7 Cups social media content for inspiration if needed. Reply to at least one student’s graphic as well.

Tip: You can discuss ideas or ask for help in the student discussion and support thread!

Not sure how to add images directly into this forum discussion? Find instructions here

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

kindLemonade August 11th, 2021

@KACOSMIC

*hi5

yayyy finally wink

KACOSMIC August 11th, 2021

@kindLemonade

Finally.... thank you heart

SoulfullyAButterfly OP August 11th, 2021

@KACOSMIC amazing!

BeTheLight111 February 7th, 2022

@KACOSMIC this post is very unique and helpful <3

love the work

KiaraB26 July 23rd, 2021

Here's my attempt at graphics, hope you guys like it!😊
https://www.canva.com/design/DAEk_r11Dfw/Kz18qG1R9VQg_aIWuQnG2g/view?utm_content=DAEk_r11Dfw&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

kindLemonade July 23rd, 2021

@KiaraB26

oooooh! I love it so much! The pink, the lovely affirmation, all the hearts.... I can feel so much warmth from just seeing the image. Thank you for sharing.

Iamanotheru July 25th, 2021

@KiaraB26
This was beautiful.

Lannylistens August 18th, 2021

@KiaraB26
Hey Kiara! This was so beautiful <3 I could just feel the image itself.

azuladragon34 August 24th, 2021

@KiaraB26

I love the pink and the literally moving text!!!. I felt so happy looking at it

WhiteRoses25 October 18th, 2021

It looked nice I liked how the images came at you and then the words were as well moving making you want to see it with the vibrant colors and the pink background. The light pink makes you feel tranquillity.

Iamanotheru July 25th, 2021

https://vimeo.com/579132466

Mel July 25th, 2021

@Iamanotheru Hey there! That's a very pretty image - I loved the smiling fish. Good job!

kindLemonade July 25th, 2021

@Iamanotheru

O.m.g the goldfish is soooo cute! Great job there!

alexandra0321 September 29th, 2021

@Iamanotheru

I absolutely love this <3

Mel July 25th, 2021
kindLemonade July 25th, 2021

@Mel

Oh wow, I'm really impressed by this graphic. The tips are clearly written in the post. Color and font make it easy to read and get the messages.

Well done!

Mel July 26th, 2021

@kindLemonade thank you! that's super sweet <3 really enjoyed doing it!

greatfulPassion July 28th, 2021

@Mel
Very thoughtful of you in giving the steps.

milkoreos July 30th, 2021

@Mel That's a wonderful graphic, it really seems like something that Cups would post to promote healthy mindsets. Well done.

lyricalAngel70 July 31st, 2021

@Mel
This is amazing ❤

AriadneLove August 19th, 2021

@Mel It is a great layout and the organisation of information, placement of each element is perfect. The content itself is high quality and perfectly supports the message (you are important...) It has the concept, strategy and good execution. In the future, I would suggest adding 1 contrasting colour to make it stand out in fast-moving social media and checking the size of fonts to be functional on mobile devices (smaller screens). I am looking forward to seeing your other works! 💜

MarinaLecubet November 6th, 2021

@Mel

That's great! Very professional.

greatfulPassion July 28th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
https://imgur.com/7fMFrjV
@greatfulPassion

kindLemonade July 28th, 2021

@greatfulPassion

I love the quote, thank you for sharing heart

RainyThoughts August 6th, 2021

@greatfulPassion

Looks very good :), and I like the quote

@SoulfullyAButterfly

@milkoreos oh man that looks huge u-u, here's the link for a easier viewing: https://ibb.co/PYZ6mdZ

kindLemonade July 30th, 2021

@milkoreos

Cool Artwork. I love the play with the "self-esteem" auto-correct dictionary style. Also the purple background is pretty.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP July 30th, 2021

@milkoreos the concept here is superb and the presentation is awesome! - I am wondering if you could remove the Grammarly logo because we edited the screenshot (correct me if wrong) - maybe you can add the 7 Cups logo?

milkoreos July 31st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly yes, i definitely could :0 i'll post it here later today

milkyoreos July 31st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly here you go, fiddled around a bit: https://ibb.co/tpTN1Gc

SoulfullyAButterfly OP July 31st, 2021

@milkyoreos brilliant! thank you

froyopeach January 17th, 2022

@milkoreos I love it!

twilight000 August 1st, 2021

Here's mine!
https://www.canva.com/design/DAEl0AXOOk8/share/preview?token=6pvyzRap_QnlpeEqHdFsZw&role=EDITOR&utm_content=DAEl0AXOOk8&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=sharebutton

kindLemonade August 1st, 2021

@twilight000

Hi there twilight00, I don't know if it's just me, but I can only see the top of your picture, I cannot see the full artwork. I like the background color you chose!

Pewley August 5th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yj0PAaK3gxM4tzW6eSFSJDpZUOhKUDxY/view?usp=drivesdk

kindLemonade August 5th, 2021
https://m.imgur.com/
Hi there, can you help add the photo here ? Link above.

@Pewley
RainyThoughts August 5th, 2021
Space background

Space background made with Aseprite
kindLemonade August 8th, 2021

@RainyThoughts

o.m.ggggggg I absolutely love ittttttt! The whole space idea + the pixel font. This is so cute and creative!

kindLemonade August 7th, 2021

@CryBaby997

Wow fhis is so beautoful ❤️ well done!