Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

1) Introduction to Content and Marketing at 7 Cups

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

7 Cups currently has separate dedicated teams that focus on both Content and Marketing. This discussion outlines both teams and provides an overview of their current focus.

(A) Content Volunteer Team

The Content Volunteer Team was relaunched and redesigned in 2020 and is led by @SoulfullyAButterfly - more information including an application can be found here

Focus:

The team works to improve site content in the following areas:

(i) Questions and Answers (Q&A Pages): Quality answers are researched and written in light of search engine optimization (SEO) and other best practices to ensure that the community gets verified, valuable information in response to common mental health questions and concerns. These answers are considered “short tasks” as they involve quicker content production.

(ii) Expert Mental Health News and Advice Section: Existing, published articles are reviewed to ensure up-to-date information, quality length, expert verified facts and other important topic categories by editors.

In addition, fresh content is produced for:

(iii) Expert Mental Health News and Advice Section: Alongside fresh content provided by experts, the team works to research and produce relevant fresh content articles that help boost information and awareness related to the categories that 7 Cups offers expertise in. Writers are welcome to collaborate with experts to publish co-authored articles or produce content individually to be published under the 7 Cups Community Account.

(iv) All other Content Needs: The team is ready to tackle and undertake content tasks that may come up as other needs. These content assignments can relate to listener guides, upcoming growth path playlists, improvement and support of online therapy-related information as well as many other possibilities!

(B) Team Lightship

As a revamp to the Social Soldiers Team at 7 Cups, Project Lightship was announced in late 2020 as the current volunteer-led marketing team for 7 Cups on Twitter. It is currently being led by @Rebecca947 and @Isentropic

Focus:

The team intends to eliminate mental health stigma by identifying those who need support as presented by social media (Twitter) based messages. The team not only works on bringing awareness by using and promoting mental health-based content but actively outreaches to potential users in need of a safe haven to invite them to use 7 Cups.

The team currently has one track with a focus on:

(i) Outreaching to 20 people with compassionate messages and support per month

(ii) Generating content and posting 5 posts.

As the team is currently testing only one track, we can expect future opportunities with the growth of Team Lightship! Further information, including an application, can be found here

Other Social Media Platforms for Content:

In the meantime, 7 Cups has official accounts on social media platforms that are run by community admins. Students of this current course as well as the Content Team will prospectively add to these content and content marketing efforts!

Find and follow the 7 Cups Official Accounts on Social Media:

Instagram - @7Cups ​| Twitter - @7Cups & @7CupsTeen | Facebook - 7CupsOfTea | Youtube - 7 Cups of Tea

Question for Discussion:

Which current area of the Content or Marketing focus at 7 Cups interests you the most? Please feel welcome to share your reasons.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

Note: If you intend to use Artificial Intelligence tools to help you fulfill any of the program’s requirements or electives, you are expected to adhere to our AI policy. You can read more about it here.

Happy900 May 31st, 2021

@blindHeart12 Glad to here that.

One note of caution, that I would point out, is we cannot give out advice, per 7cups guidlines.

So keep that in mind as you write.

I love your ideas however.

blindHeart12 May 31st, 2021

@Happy900

Seem while writing my interest area I miss out writing section and it turn out to be only advice.

Thank you Happy for the reminder. Surely will keep in mind.

SupportiveSpace8282 May 31st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Which current area of the Content or Marketing focus at 7 Cups interests you the most? Please feel welcome to share your reasons.

Apart from being an intern here, I used to spend a lot of time writing empiricially based articles about mental health and posting to another site that focused its social media platforms around improving mental health in general. All of the roles available in these programs sound equally as important; that being said, I think I personally would be more helpful producing empirically based content that could be helpful to our users!

Happy900 June 6th, 2021

@SupportiveSpace8282 I am so glad, you want to write more, in the area of Mental Health.

It is so needed.

Creamyyy June 1st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

As a reader, I enjoyed all the mentioned sections. The Questions and Answers page had a light hearted feel to it, where I could browse from the list for a question that piqued my interest the most, and read a variety of responses. The Expert Mental Health News and Advice Section seems a great place to enhance knowledge of mental health issues. Since I enjoy reading lengthy analytic pieces I would call it my favorite section. Coming to the marketing portion, the social media posts seemed to stand out with sharp images conveying succinct messages.

As a contributor, I am a more effective content creator than marketer. Hence, I am most interested to be part of the Content Volunteer team while I laud the Team Lightship in their outreach efforts to potential members. I would like to write research-based and creative blogs and articles under the 7 cups community account. It would be a great opportunity to collaborate with experts and professionals and produce outstanding articles that could foster mental health awareness and alleviation.

Happy900 June 6th, 2021

@Creamyyy Cannot wait to see, what Q and A's you come up with.

marvelloustree1111 June 2nd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Hello there!

I would like to be a part of the content volunteer team since writing and editing articles are specific areas where I am interested in. It's fun to me as well as I think I would be able to complete the articles on time.

Happy900 June 6th, 2021

@marvelloustree1111 Cool.

BlueTurtle5 June 6th, 2021

Since I spend a lot of time researching and working on marketing for my job via social media and such I am interested in applying that knowledge toward spreading awareness of 7cups and mental health as well. I would also like to put my basic writing and editing skills to use and improve the written content here such as self help guides in the future.

Happy900 June 6th, 2021

@BlueTurtle5 Glad to here that.

giggleBubbles6722 June 7th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I want to focus on people who look at mental health in a different way. People who feel positive and encouraging techniques are a facade or feel mocked. Many teens fall in this category as per my personal experience. It is difficult to accept help.

Saro007 June 7th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I love this question! Well, I'm most interested in writing articles regarding mental health because I'm really interested in psychology and in mental illnesses. I'm currently studying to become a therapist and I'm also a fiction writer. With that said I love both to write and to learn about psychology. That's why writing articles related to mental health and psychology is a really appealing aspect for me in this program. I'm really excited and I look forward to contributing professional and valuable content to the community.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 8th, 2021

@Saro007 I like the combination of your psychology experiences as well as that you are a fiction writer! Looking forward to seeing your work

caffeinatedcatio June 8th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
For me, I've always had an interest in writing - so content development. I'm also studying to be a (forensic? maybe) psychologist, so writing researched articles is always fun and something I'd love to contribute to the community here, while also contributing to the existing pages!

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 8th, 2021

@caffeinatedcatio wow, forensic psychology is pretty interesting, and so is psychology in general - regarding research as fun is super nice, I think as we get used to the process we see how interesting it can get - it could definitely be a great way to get ideas for content - I look forward to your work

Happy900 July 12th, 2021

@caffeinatedcatio I find psychology to be quite interesting.
It is very interesting subject and field to read and study about.
I have taken some psychology classes at night school, and online.
I find that content development and mental health work well together.
Hopefully, I will get to read some of your works, here at 7cups.
Best of luck,
Happy

caffeinatedcatio October 8th, 2021

@Happy900 Good luck to you too!

Countrygirl095 March 21st

@caffeinatedcatio awesome

AdventurousSpirit123 June 12th, 2021

I am most interested in contributing to the Expert Mental Health News and Advice and Q&A Pages. I am currently an MFT student. I am interested in leveraging the research and synthesis skills I am learning and learning how to present evidence-based information in ways that are compelling, accessible, and helpful to different populations.

Izzy274 June 14th, 2021

Honestly all aspects of the Content and Marketing focus look so interesting and I'm really excited to get involved.
At the moment, one of the thing that is really interesting me is helping to answer Q&A questions and create mental health based resources for the community, as well as helping to create growth paths and writing the scripts for sessions :). This is because I really want to help spread awareness for mental health, and also help to grow 7 Cups as a community.
healingWhisper June 15th, 2021

I would like to write new articles or assist with any other projects that may arise... I am really passionate about mental health and I want to gain new knowledge about this topics smiley

HopefulBambi June 22nd, 2021

Probably the Content Volunteer team. I didn't know they had that many different focuses stretching over different subjects. It's great to know more about what the team does as it provides some insight into wether it would be a good fit for me in the future or not after this program.
Icecream2Day June 22nd, 2021

I'm most interested in Team Lightship since they not only creat content but also try to reach out to people and win new members for 7 Cups. It sounds like they have very interesting tasks!
JustOneMoreEpisode June 22nd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
I’m more interested in creating new content such as listener guides and Q&A and all.
I always try to find more and more listener guides and I believe those helped me a lot.
I think that I can bring a lot of knowledge and resources into this side.
Thank you... ^__^

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 28th, 2021
Helllo @SoulfullyAButterfly , thankyou for the information and discussion ❤

Which current area of the Content or Marketing focus at 7 Cups interests you the most?
Kinda confused haha , both are great options, id be happy with either creating new content through guides , articles and growth paths, And also to help reach out more people through light ship account , so that more people are seeking support and can be assured that they ain't alone .
kindLemonade July 9th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Woot Woot Sun!
I'm signing up for Lightship team also!

"Creating new content through guides , articles and growth paths" sounds like many ways you're going to contribute wink This is super exciting - I cannot wait, bring captain Lemo onboard with you, ey ey!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 9th, 2021

Hey hey @kindLemonade , love your energy lol ! And yay captain Lemo is always welcomed aboard ! Woot woot back! I am excited for you tooo ! Keep up being so amazing ❤

Happy900 July 12th, 2021

@kindLemonade I am looking forward to reading some of your content.
Also excited to see some of your growth paths, as well.smiley

sophiasanae July 2nd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Great post! I would say I'm the most interested in the Q&A section. I have always thought it was such a creative and unqiue part of 7 Cups' content and I can't wait to learn more about it. I also love reading through the responses and how fast paced it is when it comes to spinning out content!

kindLemonade July 9th, 2021

@sophiasanae
I love the Q&A section too, sophiasanae, we have had so many contributers and the Q&A section has grown a lot over the years.

I hope you're finding CDM an enjoyable course! heart

Happy900 July 12th, 2021

@sophiasanae Glad to here that.
Every so often, I will respond to a question, that is written.
So, maybe I will get a chance to respond to one of yours.
You never know.
Wishing you, the best in the Content Development Course.

sophiasanae July 12th, 2021

@Happy900

Oooh that would be awesome! And thank you for your well wishes!

Happy900 July 12th, 2021

@sophiasanae Your welcomed.

kindLemonade July 3rd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I'm currently interested in joining the Lightship project - I've just applied and cannot wait to get started with raising mental health awareness through social media! wink

Star996 July 6th, 2021

@kindLemonade

Awesome, Lem! Never got notified, haha. Glad to know that you applied! laugh

Happy900 July 12th, 2021

@Star996 It can take some time to here back on any rolls you apply for, and any team you apply for.
So give it some time.
I hope you here back soon.

Star996 July 12th, 2021

@Happy900

Thanks, I am glad to know that!heart

Star996 July 6th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Well, I am really interested in making content and editing it. I actually distance myself from social media, haha. I do want to research and make edits and contribute. It really is enjoyable and I do like writing a lot. I joined the course for this purpose too, haha

kindLemonade July 6th, 2021

@Star996
Lovely to know that you're interested in writing and editting contents too heart

Star996 July 7th, 2021

@kindLemonade

laugh