Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Creating Content Just Got Easier! Join the Content Developing and Marketing Program (Archived)

Hope October 28th, 2022

Please view the updated post here

The 7 Cups Academy is a tuition-free institution that trains members, listeners, and researchers to develop skills and better care for our community. These are professional skills that are of great use even outside 7 Cups. We believe in practice-driven learning and all of our courses have in-field experience at the core.

The 7 Cups Academy has had 1278 graduates and currently has 404 enrolled trainees

How is 7 Cups Academy different from self-help guides or other educational material available at 7 Cups?

The academy programs target specific skills like leadership, content development, etc. Trainees not only get theoretical knowledge of the subject but also spend time practicing the skills under our practicum opportunities.

That is not all, one of the challenging parts of learning something new is that it can be an isolating experience and at times you may feel like the motivation is fading. At 7 Cups Academy, we understand your support needs. We have mentors who check in with you regularly to help you navigate the set of requirements and to offer support and encouragement.

Additionally, we believe in a student-led approach. Feedback from our trainees results in constant improvements to the program’s coursework and structure. An example of this is our launch of group check-ins where academy trainees can connect with fellow trainees and share experiences.

Why choose 7 Cups Academy?

• All of our programs are completely free

• 1-1 mentor support to help you graduate

• You choose your program duration and can seek extensions

• Our programs focus on hands-on practical training

• The programs offer training in sought-after professional skills

• You will be provided with a certificate and a badge upon successful completion

• You will train among a group of like-minded individuals who you can learn from

• It is a great way to work towards a 7 Cups role. Academy graduates gain relevant experience that makes them good candidates for 7 Cups roles within that focus.

• All graduates (from any of the academy programs) can request a letter of recommendation

• We provide 7 Cups work verifications, references for school/university/work applications

• Not only will we provide you with valuable training, we can also verify your work experience if needed.

Let's Talk CDM!

The program will aid your understanding of best writing practices essential to creating content that relates to and contributes to awareness and support of topics that fall in the mental health industry. It will not only enhance your communication and writing skills but provide a chance to research and generate ideas as well as get to publish finalized articles and content at 7 Cups. Moreover, it will allow you to understand an aspect of SEO-based writing applications as well as effective social media marketing strategies that help boost and enhance the valued content you will produce.

What does the CDM Program offer?

• In-depth content and marketing development guide/lessons

• Hands-On Activities

• Mentor Feedback

• Expert Support

• Practical Experience leading to on-site publication + usage of graphics — Creator Portfolio building on-site

Key content learned in the program:

• How to promote content using social media

• Social media graphic tips

• Social media outreach and support

• Writing best practices

• SEO and ranking tips such as Google’s EAT factors

• Headlining and sub headlining content

• Effective writer biography writing

• Content auditing and review

The program is best suited for:

• Users interested in starting freelance opportunities for content or graphic creation

• Users interested in joining Content domain roles at 7 Cups

• Users interested in marketing their own business/content.

• Users interested in learning about effective mental health research and social media conversations.

• Psychology students with a passion for research and writing.

• Anyone interested in breaking mental health stigma through research, writing, and social media usage.

Requirements to join for LISTENERS

• Be a Listener for 2 weeks and have at least 10 1-on-1 Chats

Requirements to join for MEMBERS

• Be a member of the 7 Cups community for at least 1 month.

Wondering much time it takes? 3 hours per week on average for a minimum of 6 weeks (more if you choose more). It is self-paced

📢Please apply here! (for both user types)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 28th, 2022

@Hope

It is a greaaaaaat program, lots to learn and have fun with.❤ *encourages more people to enroll*

IsayUncle November 1st, 2022

Definetly something to consider / follow-up. Thanks _1667287456.image.png

ouiCherie December 16th, 2022

@IsayUncle looking forward to having you in the program 😊

IsayUncle December 16th, 2022

@ouiCherie

Thanks for the post and the reminder 😃. Have a wonderful day.

@IsayUncle you too have a wonderful rest of your day/ evening, and have a nice weekend ahead! 🤍

Overthinker13579TU November 7th, 2022

@Hope

Thank you for this, adding to my list. :)

TU100OT November 7th, 2022

Thanks, I look forward to it :)

@TU100OT looking forward to having you in the program 😊

VictoriaLove7 November 22nd, 2022

@Hope

Hi Hope!

I'm interested in CDM after I joined the pop up Academy session last week but I am currently enrolled in a training program in 7cups and have committed myself to 3-5 hours per week. I was wondering can this program be counted towards that 3-5 hours?

Thank you

Hope OP November 22nd, 2022

@VictoriaLove7

Thank you for your interest. No, it can't be. Each program has its own set of requirements

VictoriaLove7 November 22nd, 2022

@Hope

Ok then, Hope, that's understandable, I hope next time I can join.

Thanks for responding!

GloriaD December 3rd, 2022

@Hope

Thank you for this! I have applied 😊💛🌻

NewYorker11 December 15th, 2022

@Hope

woah, this sounds like an awesome training course, i would love to take part, when i have the time for it! thanks so much for the brilliant post!

blueAngel00 December 27th, 2022

I was just in the middle of applying and set my phone down and it lost the page.

Should I just start the application over?

Thanks.

ouiCherie December 27th, 2022

@blueAngel00

Hi Angel, we haven't received your application. I suppose it was error in submission? Please resend and see you in CDM!

@ouiCherie tyvm for your reply. I'll go do that now, and can't wait to start!

🐻

@blueAngel00 awesome! And I like that bear sign 😀😍

🐨

@ouiCherie "Bear" is my nickname, short for Honey Bear (my hubby calls me).

🍯🐻

@blueAngel00

That's really cute! 😊👍

@ouiCherie Done and I'm so excited!

🐻

@blueAngel00 awesome! Please wait for an email to confirm your enrollment 🤍

blueAngel00 January 1st, 2023

@ouiCherie I never received an email. Actually though, that's okay because my phone's getting turned off tonight. I won't be able to get it turned back on until Tuesday, probably. So I'd miss the start of Monday anyway.

So I'm going to need to reapply, correct? Or will you not need any more people?

Duh, I'm not even sure I'll have my phone to get your reply. But I'll look for it when I get my phone turned back on 👌

Thanks, and I'm sorry I sound so flakey. I'm really not, honest! 👀

But like I said, I never received an email... Does that mean I wasn't accepted?

🐻

ouiCherie January 1st, 2023

@blueAngel00

Hi Angel, thank you for following up. I saw you chose to start on next Monday (2/1), and it is okay to miss the first day. All programs are for everyone in the community who wants to learn, but, the confirmation email is needed to confirm your commitment to enroll in the program.

I'd like to tag @Hope in this case, do resubmit application required?

blueAngel00 January 3rd, 2023

@ouiCherie I got the email yesterday morning and replied late last night. SoulfullyAButterfly answered my email so I AM starting today, YAY!

I'm very excited, both teams sound really interesting, and most likely challenging (LOVE a good challenge!)

So I'll be seeing you in the program, another YAY!

And thank you so much for helping me along in my start of this journey! You rock! ❤️

🐻

Vivikun9 January 1st, 2023

@Hope

This program sounds interesting. I applied and I be excited to join to this program :)

@Vivikun9 awesome! See you in CDM! 😊

Vivikun9 January 1st, 2023

@ouiCherie

I hope I get to see my email and I can access my email but I'll check to make sure it's not in spam.

@Vivikun9

Hope for the best! 😊👍

ouiCherie January 3rd, 2023

@blueAngel00 awesome! I saw your name on this welcome post welcome to CDM, Angel! 💕

SummerJewel January 24th, 2023

@Hope this def sounds like something i could get into. im in. where do i sign up??

ouiCherie January 24th, 2023

Hi @SummerJewel thank you for your interest, click here for application form. 💙

NewHorizon9090 March 20th, 2023

Great! Thank you for the post!😊

nlpinspiration March 22nd, 2023

I applied. Thank you

ScorpiaD April 15th, 2023

@Hope

It is an amazing program!

happyhues June 28th, 2023

@Hope Interested!

ChromaticFinss January 22nd