Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

šŸ¶ Self-Care with Pets

Heather225 September 9th

image_1725916950.png

Share how your pets help you cope with stress and practice self-care.

reallyoverallofit September 10th

My kitties give me hugs and kisses which dramatically reduces any emotional distress I may have going on. They also offer me a happy distraction from issues through caring for them.Ā 

CaringEzra September 10th

@Heather225Ā 

They help get me out of bed and spend time outside taking care of them. He helps me in stressful moments by not being alone and help through hard momentsĀ 

Phoenix1234theythem September 10th

@Heather225

my dog is adorable and licks me xD he makes me feel a lil better after walking him too

YourCaringConfidant September 10th

@Heather225 We have several kitties, but one is specifically mine. I absolutely love my cat with all my heart. He's sooo cute and just brings happiness to my heart. He is so lovable and he loves getting kisses and cuddles. Since he was a kitten, he's always loved laying on my chest. He still does even though he's too big now. Lol. I love when he randomly jumps on my back while I am laying down and starts kneading on me or putting his nose against my face. I can feel he loves me as I do him and he literally helps my anger and sadness go away with his love. ā™” I just love my kitty!Ā 

Phoenixthepoised September 10th

@Heather225

head-scratch-scratches.gif

My pets are a huge comfort when Iā€™m stressed. Just spending time with them helps me relax and feel more at ease. Besides, their presence never fails to brighten my day!

Aayla September 10th

@Heather225Ā my dog is very cuddly and he reminds me that the time we take to just share affection with the people (and pets) we love is important and it's worth taking a break from other things to focus on it

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 10th

Aw I don't have pets (do siblings count though?šŸ˜‚ kidding :P) but something that does make me feel vv warm and fuzzed is watching adorable videos of pets and animals doing their pet-ty and animal-ee things. Specially little hamsters nibbling on their food or rolling on their wheels.šŸ˜­šŸ„°

hamster-hamsters.gif

LoneWolf91 September 10th

My pet hates cuddles but just having him is soothing. He's such a cutie pie and an absolute sweetheart

agentsky1705 September 10th

@Heather225

watching them and petting them is calming. It makes me happy to see how much one of my cats loves me, whenever i'm upstairs he sits on or near me and demands pets. I like how they're not scared of me, despite me being much bigger than them. It seems like they can sense how I feel, and that I don't want them any harm. It's also nice that I give them food and clean their toilets, cause that means that I have to come upstairs and have some contact with my family and I usually also grab something to eat while i'm there.

CouragousDragon0742 September 10th

@Heather225

Unfortunatly I don't have any pets, but I want to have some in the future. I'd love to have a little kitty and maybe a dog. I really love animals!^^

Faelwyn September 12th

My cat always knows when I'm upset and follows me everywhere.Ā  She likes to snuggle and kiss me when I'm sad.Ā  She help me just by having her I have something to look after and care for.Ā Ā 

Patting her lessens my stress and lowers my bp/heart rate.

She brightens my days with her funny antics.

My new puppy recently goes to sleep on me and stays by my side and plays around me a lot which distracts and gets me happy and to feel better.

@Heather225 As much as I wish I could have a pet cat, I won't be able to have one until at least a few years from now. So all I can do right now is admire any random cat I see on the street or other people's cats. And of course, look at the cats that live in my society. They're so cute and sometimes even make me smile haha.

My cat and dog both just act as a stress reliever because they love me no matter what

ClaraRoseDreamer 3 days ago

I have two bunnies - Flump and Rolo. Rabbits are such gentle creatures and I've never had pets as soft as them! having a cuddle and petting them instantly destresses me :)

@Heather225

I don't have pets, but I like watching some documentaries and animal programs.