Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do i do when im struggling to tell whats real?

Twigo7 January 1st

TW (depictions of what i think are delusions?) - For years now, ive always had a  fear of the unknown. Im always scared theres ssomething there. im genuinlly convinced taht if im not fast enough, or im too risky with it, if i stay in a dark area for too long, im not safe, taht something will come and get me (however there are 'safe spots' like a bed or the couch or a chair). I sometimes also hear and see things. There have been times I had to call my bf while panicking just to feel 'safer'  in my own room. this is causing a lot stress and im npt sure what to do. my parents wont believe me and think im making things up for attentin, while anytime i try to tell anyone, im always told its cus i watch too many horror movies (though i know thats not the cause, as horror movies dont really get to me, and i actually feel like they help knowing that movies are fake) im just a bit lost (i even currently now am laying uncomroftably because im s cared of smth grabbinh me)

Mya000 January 6th

@Twigo7 I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a challenging time. It takes a lot of strength to open up about these experiences, and I want you to know that you're not alone. Your feelings and fears are valid, and it's important to prioritize your mental well-being.

It must be really distressing to deal with the fear of the unknown and the anxiety associated with certain places. It's concerning that you're experiencing things that make you panic and feel unsafe, and it's understandable that this is causing you a great deal of stress.

. Have you considered talking to a mental health professional about what you're going through? They can provide a safe and confidential space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings, and they may be able to offer guidance on how to manage and cope with these fears.

It's also crucial to communicate with your loved ones about your struggles, perhaps sharing this information with your boyfriend, who seems to be a source of comfort for you. Having a support system can make a significant difference in navigating challenges.

Your well-being is important, and you deserve support. If you ever feel overwhelmed, don't hesitate to contact a crisis hotline who can provide immediate assistance when needed. They are trained to offer assistance and understanding during difficult moments. Take care, and I'm here to listen whenever you need to talk <3

Twigo7 OP January 6th

@Mya000 i actually told my therapizt a few dayz ago and zhe recommended going to a pzychiatrizt about it, zo im proud of myzelf for that. i alzo do confide in my bf, and doez hiz bezt to help me. 

thank you for giving feedback and empathizing, it meanz a lot

Mya000 January 6th

@Twigo7 I'm really glad to hear that you took the step of sharing with your therapist, and it's commendable that you're actively seeking support. Having a supportive partner is wonderful too. If you ever want to talk or need support, I'm here for you. Take care! 💙

Cnguyen1 June 6th

@Twigo7 that does sound scary, and there are multiple layers to your situation.. 

thanks for sharing. ✨ Horror movies can help you as well. I wish people would treat it more seriously 😔💔

Cnguyen1 June 9th

@Twigo7

hi there