Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mixed Episodes

PerfectlyImperfectt21 November 27th, 2016

Im just curious if anyone here experiences mixed episodes and what are they like for you?

Hopeful0001 November 27th, 2016

@PerfectlyImperfectt21

you mean like manic and depression ?

PerfectlyImperfectt21 OP November 27th, 2016

@HalliwellSister

Hi yes, sorry I wasnt clear! I meant experiencing mania and depression at the same time!

Hopeful0001 November 27th, 2016

@PerfectlyImperfectt21

no worries! I was just trying to clarify for others. I had a feeling since this was in the bipolar section. I don't have a bipolar diagnosis myself. But I think mixed episodes is common (correct me if I'm wrong ) ... I hope people reply to this giving their experiences.

MilkMan November 27th, 2016

What do you mean mixed episodes? Like mixed feelings/emotions though out the day?

@MilkMan

Hi there, sorry i wasnt very clear in the question! But I mean experiencing mania and depression at the same time!

ladylazarus1971 November 27th, 2016

@PerfectlyImperfectt21 Hi there! There are several threads here in the Biploar Forum about people's experiences with Mixed Episodes. They are a really difficult phase of our disease process, and a challenge to cope with. If you have the time to explore the different subcategories of BD Forum, you will find several that might speak to what you are going through. I find this one particularly helpful if you want to give it a looksee.
https://www.7cups.com/forum/BipolarDisordersCommunity_63/BipolarDisorders_31/Mixedaffectiveepisodes_29245/

Good luck with your exploration of this topic!

@ladylazarus1971
Thank you for sharing this link, it has been extremely helpful!!