Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does anyone else do this?

flowerr09 May 22nd, 2015

I really hate the fact that I always overthink everything that I do, and especially what other people do. Like if I'm in class and someone who I usually talk to in that class isn't here, I think, "Is it because of me? Are they gone because I freaked them out?" I don't know why. Maybe I'm just overanalyzing it, as usual. But I hate when I do it! I feel like I can't even keep a regular conversation with anyone because I'm afraid I'll say something to freak them out, so I just drop out of the conversation or just stay quiet. I just wish I didn't do it. Am I alone in this, or......?

Marissa1398 May 22nd, 2015

I'm the same! Except I'll have an exchange or conversation with someone and then 10 minutes later what was maybe just a simple exchange about weather, in my mind, I've turned into me making a fool out of myself and annoying the other person.

doublelife May 27th, 2015

Story of my life. Whenever someone seems frustrated or stressed out I assume it's because of me. & yea I keep thinking about all the ways anything I said could've possibly offended someone or made me look stupid

Popsicle1990 May 22nd, 2015

It is one of the tricky beasts of anxiety, mine is normally not social but i would sometimes come away from talking to some one and be like...what the hell just came out of my mouth?! It sounds silly but sometimes you have to just own it, every conversation you have that you made some one laugh or they didnt make a comment is a bonus! small steps.

Seaway May 23rd, 2015

@flowerr09,

You are not alone. I'm overly sensitive and the way you describe what you are feeling is like me. I feel like I am stuck in loops of negative though processes and can't get out of it.

decembernight0608 May 27th, 2015

Over thinking is my life! I let little things get to me so quick that I start to get physically sick. I wish over thinking wasn't a thing.

iloverunning June 2nd, 2015

I too tend tooveranalyzeother people's actions, so I definitely know what you mean. Not only that, but I also overthinkmy own actions, and even thoughts if I have a lot of time to think to myself. I'm just terrified of being judged for being different, and for not knowing what to do at the right time.

AliceDevlarr June 2nd, 2015

I often find my self thinking what if? Like what if he talked to me What if I get a good grade it starts out small and then it turns in to what if I die tonight

niicst June 4th, 2015

Same! You're not the only one, i overthink a lot and there's definalty adventages for overthinking too!

flowerr09 OP June 4th, 2015

Like what?