Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Muscle Tension

KoudachaK September 4th, 2020

Has your anxiety manifested as bad muscle tension causing all kinds of pain and stiffness? I've had anxiety for over 15 years and suddenly started getting this symptom. I noticed I'm always like so tight like I'm always bracing to be hit. I have to force myself to relax. It's really hard and when i do relax that part I'll end up tensing something else like my jaw or clenching my toes or hands. Right now I finally started my MA program and I've been extremely scared about it and always thinking I'm going to fail and that I don't compare to my classmates. :/ I think it has something to do with this so I listen to imposter syndrome videos which help but only for short periods of time. I heard your body can become accustomed to holding the muscles tense after prolonged tensing. I'm worried my body is doing this. :/ please let me know if you've gone through it or are going through it. I'd like to feel not alone

Jem7Cups September 5th, 2020

@KoudachaK for me it has. And for a while, it really got to me. I now take part in physiotherapy. Is that something you've considered? It's helped me out a lot ❤

I hope you're okay!

KoudachaK OP September 7th, 2020

@Jem7Cups

i see a chiro but honestly I can't tell if it's making it worse or better :/ what's physiotherapy?