Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just a little girl with a meaningful letter

LittleLily February 17th, 2015

Dear Miss Durkin,
I feel awfully bad for bothering you, and I hope that you can forgive me for that. I knew that I needed help and that I would need to talk to someone. But when you're as shy as I am, it is hard to come by people that will actually listen. I considered many people, observing each one carefully. I believed that your personality seemed to match the one I had in mind. The sexual harassment thing was not the reason I wanted to talk to you. You didn't ask if anything else was wrong so I didn't tell you. I remember it all vividly. I trusted you. After that day, you started acting very differently around me. You stopped talking to me. You walk past me like I am indiscernible. I felt as if I could cry I was so confused. I trusted you. It is very uncommon for me to experience the feeling of trust. Trust is like a diamond--so rare and precious that it takes time, persistence, and determination to find. But when you do find it, it is the best feeling in the world. With a past of abandonment, this feeling is completely unknown to me. There is something about you that contents me, and makes me feel safe. I appreciate Mr. Johnson trying to help me. He is nice and I like him very much. Though the fact that he is a man intimidates me and makes me feel uncomfortable. You seemed like you wanted to hand me off to him and be done with me. He is very kind, though I feel that he isn't the right person for me. I chose you. I picked you myself. You are the onlyperson that I feel comfortable talking too. I appreciate Mr. Johnson's effort, it truly means more to me than words can explain. But I chose you. All this is over with the boy, but my broken spirit remains fractured. I am sorry I dragged you into this, I should have never trusted in the first place. All that trusting ever brings me is abandonment and regret. I am but a child, and sometimes I do stupid, stupid things. My innocence is leaving me, one piece at a time. I am no longer that cute, sweet little girl that I once was. The feelings of isolation and self doubt are taking over and I am not powerful enough to fight them away. Reliance and certainty are two things that I lack. I am not at all suicidal, so please don't report this or call my mother. Setting me up with someone that I did not choose myself will only make me feel incarcerated and cause stress and anxiety. I appreciate your attempt to help, but this whole incident has led me toperceive that the only person I can trust is myself.
~Lilyrose 👧🐰😇
This note is for my PE teacher, who has gotten me help for my sexual harrassment. The school forced me to see a counselor whom I do not connect with. Miss Durkinis the only person I trust, I am 13. She laughs with me when I'm happy and cries with me when I'm sad. I feel so safe when she is standing next to me. After I opened up to her, she started distancing herself from me. Please give me your opinions on my letter-thank you

TransAm85 February 17th, 2015

This letter sounds like my own personality, except I prefer it easier to talk to men instead of women. I'm far older than you, but if you know now that there are problems either at home or otherwise, you need to take care of them b/c it's going to effect you as an adult. My mother was never the nurturing type and my father left when I was about five. I've done every rebellious thing possible and that is why school and a career never lasted for me. If you find talking to teachers helpful, that's your decision, but either way, you can't block out the truth of the matter. Some parents aren't really parents. Some friends are just friends for the moment and status. You have to take care of you before anything.

LittleLily OP February 17th, 2015

I am sorry but I can't understand what you are saying

TransAm85 February 17th, 2015

I know you are young, but you seem to be looking for guidance in other places than home. I can relate to that b/c I didn't have much of a family.