Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Disappointed and Angry at Myself

Lace7777 December 29th, 2020

I have always been able to control my situation and my life, or so I thought! I have had panic attacks since the age of 12 which led me to self medicating. Alcohol became my best friend and I could function with out a care. Until one morning I sat at my table and cried as I cracked a beer open. I realized I no longer wanted to drink, but my body needed to drink. I became sober after an extreme battle. My anxiety has always been a crippling part of my life and still is to this day. I am a Nurse and Covid has put me through the biggest battle yet. There is so much death, there is so much pain and I have no control over it. I have never been so close to drinking again and my level of Anxiety/Panic is on a whole new tier that I've never experienced. I don't know if I will make it through this, but I sure in the hell am going to fight. πŸ˜”

thebuchholzwoman December 30th, 2020

@Lace7777 As a fellow healthcare worker I can say that I believe this pandemic has pushed us all to our breaking points.... For many of us, multiple times. The path to sobriety is a lifelong battle. You should be very proud of yourself considering how for you have come, and your accomplishments. You are not alone in your battle. Remember there is always someone here to listen and show support. Together we will get through this tough time. Stay strong. πŸ’œ

Lace7777 OP December 30th, 2020

@thebuchholzwoman Thank you very much!πŸ’•

tophat22 December 30th, 2020

@Lace7777

Thank you for everything you do! Especially during this difficult time. You are a hero

And from someone whose loved one struggles with the same thing as you, I'm soooo proud of you!

I can tell how hard it is and you give me hope

But hang in there with all you can, it sounds like you have came so far already

@tophat22 You are so kind thank you 😊

Carly23 December 30th, 2020

@Lace7777

Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds incredibly difficult what you have been through in the past, and especially the new challenges you're facing now with COVID. From everything you've shared, it took out one nugget: you are a warrior! I know in the midst of struggle and pain and fear, it can be near impossible to feel or see how strong you are. Your story made me emotional about how someone who has been through so much and has come out on top is feeling new and past emotions about this new situation. We are here for you. I am also a healthcare worker, so I know that sometimes the battle feels endless. And you're still fighting the war, even when things are beyond tough.

@Carly23 Ok...you made me cry! But thank you I needed that! Stay safeπŸ’•