Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety or Health?

KoudachaK October 5th, 2020

Does anyone else ever get weird head feelings and then think they might faint or something? I've never fainted but I feel weird. The episodes usually don't last long. I want to get a doctor to check me up again. I went in many months ago for my heart but they found nothing and said it was anxiety. So i heard these episodes can also be anxiety from one person but I never heard it from anyone else. So I want to know what you guys think.
I have been calling doctors but due to Covid no one seems to be accepting patients or willing to see me in person or won't take my insurance. It's been a struggle. Some places even shut down completely by me! My only hope is one that said they could take me but not until Christmas.....

I can still breathe and walk and talk fine btw. So I didn't go to a hospital.

humorousNest8793 October 11th, 2020

@KoudachaK

I often have spells like this as well. Been checked multiple times for heart problems. Had an MRI or two. Everything always comes back normal. I realize now that the only thing happening to me is bad case of anxiety. It's quite frustrating and I can't seem to make it permanently go away. But I will say, I have made some progress in recognizing when it comes and realizing that it will pass. That's been very helpful for me.

7motivation October 6th, 2020

@KoudachaK

For me, habitual shallow breathing possibly caused me problems, also possibly excessive exercise in hot weather, dehydration, possible low electrolyte levels in blood due to exercise, bending over then suddenly getting up, low blood pressure... all can cause fainting or unusual sensations for me.

Logging whenever one has symptoms can help reveal possible causes.

One could log anything noteworthy before the feelings happened, like habitual shallow breathing, prolonged sitting, getting up too quickly, blood pressure issues, poor nutrition, low minerals in blood, and so on.

Web searching can help too, like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=FAINT+DUE+TO+ANXIETY

or this

https://www.google.com/search?q=ALL+POSSIBLE+CAUSES+OF+FAINTING

then see what seems to apply to one's situation.

It sometimes is necessary to use a methodical approach to find all of the possible cause-effect relationships in different situations.

Please forgive any typos above.