Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety

reliableMoon3028 August 2nd, 2021

Hey iam new here i want to overcome anxiety because i can't live normally

quietFig9345 August 2nd, 2021

I’m here for that too. My anxiety and depression are affecting my life so negatively, but I’m so terrified to go anywhere, and then I get more depressed. It’s a vicious cycle. I’m trying so hard to get out of it.

phenomenalbliss August 2nd, 2021

@reliableMoon3028

Hello and welcome to 7Cups! I'm glad that you're reaching out, I understand it must be a lot to process. But we're here for you!

littleBarry177 July 8th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028 I have same feeling sometimes. Maybe try to get professional help. Hope you will get better. Take little steps.

Avi0530 August 13th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

Hey! I am so proud of you for coming to 7 cups and asking for help! That is a huge step in the right direction! I promise you, you are not alone when dealing with anxiety. Anxiety is very hard to deal with, I know, but there are many ways to deal with it. One of the biggest ways that have personally helped me is paced breathing. Personally what I do is I breath in for 5 seconds, hold for 3, and out for 5, but you can do whatever works for you. This technique leads to your heart rate to decrease eventually leading to a decrease in anxiety. You have so many people here on 7 cups and in your own personal life to help and support you. You got this!

ChristinaLin August 13th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028 Hello! It's completely understandable to feel that way. 😔 Anxiety can indeed take a toll on living a normal life, but you've already taken the first step by acknowledging it and seeking a way to overcome it. Remember, you're not alone on this journey; many have faced similar struggles and have found effective ways to manage their anxiety. Seeking support, whether through therapy, relaxation techniques, or even talking with understanding friends, can make a significant difference. Take things one step at a time, be kind to yourself, and know that with time and effort, you can work towards a life where anxiety doesn't control your every moment. 💗

Leo0411 August 18th, 2023

Hi there! Welcome to 7cups! I am sorry that you are experiencing anxiety, that must be difficult to understand and deal with. Although I am glad you are reaching out for help!

Leo0411 August 18th, 2023

Just remember to take things slowly and try not to be too hard on yourself. You will start feeling better eventually. And you are never alone with these feelings. Just fcous on your self care and take it one step at a time.♥️

ArticulateListener123 August 27th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

I totally understand these feelings!

ArticulateListener123 August 27th, 2023

@ArticulateListener123

Sorry, I accidentally hit post before I was ready. What I meant to say was that I totally understand those feelings! I feel the exact same way at times. I have found that trying to focus on the positive things in my life can be very beneficial. Sometimes doing activities like jogging or other exercise always helps center my mind when I'm feeling down. Talking with others about my thoughts can be very helpful too. If you ever feel like you would like to speak with someone 1-on-1, please feel free to reach out to me.

SomebodySpicy13 August 29th, 2023

Hello and welcome to 7 cups. I understand living with anxiety can be very overwhelming. Well done for taking the first step in reaching out for support.

frothyFriend147 October 7th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

I understand your life may have lots of issues but always tell yourself that why to live life in stress and pressure while you can live it with pleasure and fun. Believe me changing the perspective makes a lot difference 

LayneLJ October 7th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

i feel that  

SunsetDreamer001 October 9th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

Hi ! You are brave you have recognised your anxiety and want some help.  7 Cups has amazing Listeners and Therapists. Reach out to me if you want to chat . As a Listener who has experienced anxiety I’m always available for a chat. 😀

xlivyx October 11th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028 it's not easy to go through, but I know you can get through this! You're strong, you will fight this off. It won't last forever! I'm always here to talk to if you need someone ❤️

sunshineForest73 October 11th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

Greeting, this feeling of anxiety, understood well by I. The response that’s working to keep me safe can be oh so uncomfortable. Realizing that this response is not something I can program out of me, getting an understanding of the triggers and familiarity of sensations can build my relationship with anxiety to a more constructive arrangement. Reach out anytime and we can chat more on this! I am here for you.

CDK1972 October 11th, 2023

Let me share my story. It might help. I have been dealing with depression for over 20 years. My last battle was about 3 months ago and it hit me pretty hard so I decided to see a psychologist for the first time in about 7 years. It helped me a lot. He discussed how anxiety and depression actually work and he also suggested for me to read 2 books. The 10 Best Ever Anxiety Management Techniques and Feeling Good. They discuss not only coping skills but talk about how bc go the brain works in regards to anxiety and depression. I really liked the books and I am still reading them. I am not a huge fitness guy but for the last 5 months or so I take a walk in my hilly neighborhood and I also jog a little bit to get my heart rate up. This helps me tremendously. I usually do it on my lunch break because I work close to home. I am also on an anti depressant which is 20 mg of Lexapro and when I go through my anxiety/depression episodes I will take Klonopin. There is hope and you will be ok. Trust me. 

Nevertheless October 17th, 2023

Hello, welcome to 7cups! I can see why you would want to overcome anxiety. It stands in the way of life, and makes so many otherwise easy things difficult. Can you tell us more about it? When do you experience anxiety, and have you found any ways to deal with it?

cherryblossom177 October 27th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

Hello and welcome to 7 Cups I'm glad you reached out for help with your anxiety. It's the first step towards improving your well-being and living a more fulfilling life. Overcoming anxiety is indeed possible, and you don't have to face it alone. We are for your support.

cherryblossom177 October 27th, 2023

@cherryblossom177 @reliablemoon3028

First, it's important to know that there are various strategies and techniques that can help manage anxiety. It might be helpful to discuss what specifically triggers your anxiety and how it affects your daily life. From there, we can work on developing coping strategies and a plan to move forward.

Feel free to share more about your anxiety and any specific concerns or questions you have!

TheSpace9 October 29th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

hey there , im sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time . 

anxiety makes it hard to get even day to day chores done . i completely understand how you feel . 

you dont have to feel alone as we here on 7cups are one strong community . we take care of each other and support each other in times of need . 

you can chat here with listeners or you can use support groups to feel heard and safe in times of distress ♡

Simplelife432 October 29th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028 Hi there, it is understandable how you feel. 

First step is understand what anxiety is about. Learning about anxiety can give more awareness. 

Second is understand what triggers your anxiety. 

Third is find a technique that is more useful for you to overcome your anxiety.

If you need more help feel free to message me. :)

-Simplelife432

Emmastrawberries October 30th, 2023

Welcome to 7 cups, you have found the right place! You are we’ll support here.

goldsmiley October 30th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028 Hi there, I am glad that you opened up about this here. We are all here for you. I just hope you know that you can try deep breathing and long walks as starters.

InsightfulPhoenix October 30th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028, first an fore most welcome to 7cups. thank you for being here🤗. I understand having anxiety. This is a natural response to certain situation, and you posting a forum is a step in the right direction <3. Having anxiety can be hard some days, a method to help release this is the 5-4-3-2-1 method, I hope you enjoy your stay here on 7cups <3 

JaseByTheSea November 5th, 2023

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been struggling with Anxiety, it can be so hard at times but please be assured that there are people like myself and many others here on 7cups that do care and will be here to try to help and support you so you’re not alone and feel free to reach out anytime you need to, I hope you have a good day.

admirableLove9668 November 5th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

Hi there!! This is really brave of you to cope with it on daily basis but dont worry you are nit alone... We here on 7 cups are available for all the support you need,more power to you ❤️

CreativeLove101 November 14th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

Many people suffer from it. Hopefully you would find your happiness.

unassumingEyes8698 November 14th, 2023

I started a new job recently and it’s only brought my anxiety to the front 1000%.

I’ve always been afraid of new things, but I’m living in constant fear mode. There’s no real reason for it.

Im here for the same reasons. It’s hard to feel normal when your brain is going at 1 million scenarios at a time!

❤️‍🩹

twinkletoes16 November 30th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028 Welcome to 7cups! Well done for reaching out, it sounds as though you are finding the anxiety very difficult and I want you to know that we are all here for you, here on 7cups.

blindGrace277 November 30th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028 I appreciate you opening up. Anxiety can manifest in various ways, and everyone's experience is unique. Could you share specific situations or triggers that seem to intensify your anxiety? Additionally, how long have you been dealing with these feelings, and have you noticed any patterns or changes over time? Feel free to take your time, and we can explore this together.

radiantRose9728 December 14th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

Hi Moon,I came through your post.Thanks for reaching out and talking about it.I am so sorry to hear that you have gone through anxiety.I hope you are in great health and happiness by now.Know that you can chat with listeners in case you feel like chatting about your issue.Just checking that have you gone through anxiety guide found on 7 cups resources section? Also you can find relaxation techniques to help you feel calm whenever you get anxiety.I hope it helps you better manage your issue.

Good Luck👍Moon!

CutieRyta December 15th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028 It's great that you're reaching out for support in a community. Sharing your experiences can be a valuable part of the healing process. If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss or if you have questions, feel free to let me know.

Theolistener20 December 16th, 2023

Hello, it’s admirable that you share your experiences with others here on 7 Cups. This is great added value for all of us. I understand that anxiety makes us feel worried about everything, it makes us afraid to try new things because we are afraid of failing. Sometimes we just need to talk to be able to manage this anxiety, but in some cases we need more support. Do not hesitate to come and chat with me, I will be happy to help you.

yourfavoritebestie December 23rd, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

Welcome to 7cups! Its okay to go through those feelings but you're not alone!

joyfulPower3424 December 30th, 2023

@reliableMoon3028

Hello, welcome to 7 Cups... I am extremely glad that you're reaching out to us for help.  I understand what you're going through... and these moments can be sometimes very distressful. I understand that these situations are not easy to process. I suggest you to consider seeking help from a health professional as well as to try out some deep breathing techniques to relax your mind. Don't worry, we are always here to support you. You have got this.

Faljabiry1019 December 31st, 2023
@reliableMoon3028 I understand where you are coming from I know what it’s like to be in your shoes. Breathing for a great temporary solution You got this! I believe in you. :) 
softSkye January 1st

@reliableMoon3028

I'm glad you reached out on here Moon. Welcome to 7 Cups! You'll find all kinds of support you need to tackle your anxiety, here. We'll fight the anxiety monster head-on buddy, you got this!💪

Aristotle01 January 1st

@reliableMoon3028

Hi ! How are you doing ? I completely  understand how frustrating dealing with anxiety can be . Consider practising mindfulness and breathing techniques that could help lessen the affects of your anxiety . Go out for a stroll , get some fresh air.  Or do your favourite activity ! Practising small steps everyday can lead to big changes in the long run ! Hope you have a great day ! 

January 7th

@reliableMoon3028 i am sorry you are going through all these . try to talk to a listener from 7 cups here

Arie3 January 14th

@reliableMoon3028 Hey there! so glad u reached out to us. Overcoming anxiety is not an fast process so it will take time. Happy to see u motivated. Text us anytime and we'll help u :)