Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If I put my worries here, will they stay here? (hope hope)

cyanPlatypus6370 September 27th, 2023

Hey, all y'all! I'm Platy. Some people call me Platypus; everyone who remembers knows I do *not* like to be called 'cyan.' It is a fantastic color! but it's not a name (for me). While I'm sure I am not new to all of you, here is a sort of "introduction to me" for you who I don't know yet. Okay? Go!

My name is Platy and I like warm hugs!

I also like: ice skating, volleyball, swimming/diving, reading for just because, and movie nights with friends and buttered popcorn. Oh, learning languages, eating pizza! and animals, of course!

I very much dislike! things such as: cooked spinach, new-to-me foods that are super spicy, headaches and migraines, sprained ankles, drinking coffee (I'm definitely a tea connoisseur), driving on icy roads and parking lots! and when people put the new toilet paper roll on the "wrong way" haha.

Small reminder: Keep being you! No one can be a better you than you!

<3 your friend, Platy

cyanPlatypus6370 OP September 27th, 2023

Hi Anxiety Support Community: leaders, mods, listeners, members, and visitors!

I'm writing tonight because I am worrying about tomorrow :(

I have a meeting Wed (9/27) to meet someone who has a position that could put her in a place of 'support person' for me. This is a good thing, yes. But also not a good thing because to have this new person, I am losing my current person. She is leaving her job; and I am sad as I have come to trust her much and I've done a lot of life things with her.

Any hugs, prayers, or well wishes would certainly be appreciated!

<3 Platy

SparkyGizmo September 27th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370

Hi Platy! 😊 ❤️ Oh yes indeed my friend! I just bowed my head and I prayed for you over my keyboard and in front of this very screen! 😇

Not only did I pray for you, I also prayed for your previous support person that is moving on as well as for this potential new person that may be coming into your life. I will remain hopeful that they will be a good "fit".

I can understand how difficult this must be for you. It sounds as if you had a wonderful relationship with your previous support person, someone to be admired, someone trustworthy and probably a multitude of wonderful memories of times you shared together. I imagine you will miss them and deeply. You may need time to go through the grief process and we are here for you! *sending extra big hugs* ❤️

While missing your past support person, you will be getting to know your new person. I hope they do well for you. I hope they have many gifts 🎁 to bring to the table.

I imagine it could be hard to transition and having them come to you, back to back with no interlude in between, as in....giving you a moment to kind of "reset" in an effort to see each one in their own light with out comparing them. That could be a challenge as it sounds as if your past person was quite remarkable.

Again, we will hope for the best, remain hopeful that your new person will shine just as brightly as the last, even if it may be in different ways. ❤️

Platy, I send you well wishes 😊, *beams* ✨, prayers and big *hugs* ❤️ You are so very deserving of all things good!

❤️❤️❤️

Tinywhisper11 September 27th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370 huggs platy ❤ I will try to remember to call you platy🤗 yeah it can be scary, it's always scary when a new carer starts here at the carehome. But I'm sure the new person, will become a good friend to you very quickly ❤❤ good luck gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 27th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370

Aww always so lovely to see you, Platy, it's nice to learn more things about you hehe and I'm so proud of you for putting your worries here, hope it does make you feel a lil lighter, you deserve to feel a lot lighter. 🥰

It's so valid to feel worried about tomorrow, when we grow to trust someone and they've also been a part of our life for a good time, it's more than understandable to not want them to leave or be "replaced" by someone else, in any way.

I do hope the new support person is as kind, patient, understanding and supportive too and it goes well with them also.

Sending lots of warm hugs and prayers your way!🤗❤

you-can-do-it.gif

SparkyGizmo September 27th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370

We have much in common my sweet friend! 😊 ❤️

*high fives* 😊 big *hugs* ❤️ and thank you also for the toilet paper comment. Soooooo made me smile and yes, me too! 🧻

Optimisticempath September 29th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370

Hi Platy <3 it me from the hugs thread 🤗 I got you lots of hugs as parcel also 🤗🤗🤗

How did it go with the new person Platy? You can keep your worries here 🥺

cyanPlatypus6370 OP October 8th, 2023

@Optimisticempath Hi there :) 

Thanks for sending a full parcel!  I shall eagerly await it's arrival :)    <3 Platy 

cyanPlatypus6370 OP August 25th

(Platy searches for parcel of hugs)  I know I've got it somewhere!  I remember receiving it in the post...  This Platy could use some more hugs.  A real hug, like even a long hug?  A nice huggle could be enjoyed too.  A hug with someone that I can just hug them and not have to worry about who would pull away first.   <3 , tired Platy here, bit sad too. 

100% right?  Yes.  #100percent

meaning: Honest and Truthful are not 60/40 things.  Not 80/20 - 80% honest, 20% dishonest?  No.  Honesty and Truthfulness are 100% or 0.   

@Optimisticempath @GlenM  #100percentTrue  #100percentHonest

Optimisticempath September 2nd

@cyanPlatypus6370

me wouldn't pull away💕 *huggle you foreverrrr* 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

cyanPlatypus6370 OP October 8th, 2023

Friends?  7cups members and listeners?  Hi, 

I could use about 27 hugs right now as it is 12:46am-midnight.  That means it is bedtime or past bedtime.  And *that* means searching for sleep.  I think it was Wednesday night this week, in the mid/early morning, that I woke from a detailed dream.  I don't remember dreaming very often; but it seems when I do the dream is uncomfortable (in some part).  This can lead to feeling afraid or worried about allowing myself to sleep (at nighttime) at all :( and I stay up and stay up and... get my body exhausted.  My mind is often exhausted so both can be like, "Oh Dear!" 

Anyway, sleeping outside of my bedroom or not in bed, aka sleeping much closer to SST - like living room floor, can help or is not as scary to fall asleep in the first place.  But it does not help my back and neck at all!  If my chiropractor knew how much I've been sleeping *not* in bed... yikes. 

Thank you so much for reading and your kind responses.  I am definitely still in the middle of that support person change.  I was supposed to meet my assigned new person this coming Wednesday; but just this weekend I've realized that I double booked myself with zero time for driving way across our city.  Problem?  Yes.  

*That* is one problem that I have very little concern about.  Very.  I will just cancel the appt at noon on Wednesday (with new person) so that I can attend the appt scheduled at 1:00pm.  I will have more dental work /mini surgery in office this Wed, Oct 11.  I'm not really looking forward to it, but I know it is needed - the next step - and my doctor says how much I will feel better once we are to the end of this process.  Dear Lord, I do hope so.   a mini prayer--->  Dear God, please be with me as I am finally getting to go to this appointment with Dr H.  I am worrying about it.  I do not want to be in more pain / pain again.  Please, God, be so very close to me that I can cry on Your shoulder and feel You being near.  Thank you so much for my SST and that I know I can come home to her being here and available for tears and snuggling.  Thank you, God, for helping my SST to learn about snuggling and that it is okay and that I am okay - I just really need the closeness.  Be extra near to me, Jesus, I pray.  Amen aka May it be so! 

Again thanks for reading, all y'all.  Con amore, this platypus of USA and SST who is resting under the desk, at my feet.  Good night!  <3 Platy 

@anomalia  @internalAcceptance  @fristo  @beck1  @trueconfidant123  @yourCaringConfidant  @sunisshiningandsoareyou  @Optimisticeempath  @SparkyGizmo  @Tinywhisper11  

SparkyGizmo October 8th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370

Hi Platy! 😊 ❤️ You asked for 27 hugs. No worries my friend! I send 127 *hugs* ❤️ to you! 

Interestingly enough, I woke up last night some time after midnight as well 😳. I couldn't fall back to sleep. Not sure why, but I got the urge to sign on to 7 cups. When the universe speaks....I listen! 💫 Weeeeeeeee weeeeeeeee! 😊

I signed on, read each word, every line of your forum post and I prayed for you! 😇 I'm hoping that somehow it brought you comfort and that you fell back to sleep in peaceful slumber. I bookmarked this to make sure to reply to you today once fully awake.

Wooo hoooo! I prayed for you once again, just now 😇! *sending beams* ✨ your way as well! 

*high fives* 😊 and big *hugs* ❤️ (hug count up to 128 for good measure) 😁

Optimisticempath October 11th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370 lots of hugs 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗hugs-love.gif

cyanPlatypus6370 OP January 31st

Hello my 7cups peeps!  I have an appointment with my doctor today (Wednesday, Jan 31).  It is about 1:00 AM 🕐 now so I will be - to, at, over, and done with it in approx 13-14 hours.  I am glad of that! 

I do very much not want to go.  I feel I have to go; in part because this doctor has previously refused to give me a referral to see someone else.  It feels a sort of *** situation.  Sure, I trust him okay; but he is older (okay, he is old) so I know he will be retiring at some point sort-of soon.  I would rather get the transition over with, done.  Like maybe while he is still working even, so that my new doctor would be able to talk with, chat about, discuss history or things/meds tried in the past with my current doctor. 

I'm unsure.  I feel like this ^ is all just wishful thinking - sigh.  Is wishful thinking helpful?? 

Please prayers and good thoughts, 💌 encouragement would be definitely appreciated.  Thanks, friends.💗  🤍, Platy 

cyanPlatypus6370 OP January 31st
tagging some of you, amazing cupsers :)  @sunisshiningandsoareyou @tinywhisper11 @sparkygizmo @optimisticempath @internalAcceptance  @fristo @trueconfidant123 @yourCaringConfidant @anomalia @heather225 @hope @ASilentObserver  @Kristynsmama @SoulfullyAButterfly

SparkyGizmo January 31st

@cyanPlatypus6370

❤️❤️❤️

SparkyGizmo January 31st

@cyanPlatypus6370

Hi Cyan! 😊❤️ I just prayed for you! 😇 Sending you much love, *beams* ✨ and well wishes for you to have a great visit! You got this! I knowwwwwwwwww you do! 

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts as well as prayers all through out the day! 

big big *hugs* ❤️ sweet friend! 

Optimisticempath February 2nd

@cyanPlatypus6370

only good thoughts for you always 🥺 how did it go? sends huggles and lots of love 💕💕💕

cyanPlatypus6370 OP February 7th

Friends?  I could certainly use a hug, at the moment I could really use a friend in person, too.     It was a rather rough day today.  More hours than usual outside of home, and therefore "people-ing" time.  And on not-so-many hours of sleep.  That's not a good combo! 

I am thankful that at least my SST was with me for the most of it.  (feeling rather thinly stretched - schedule) AND (needing to stretch Self with new people) This is not much fun for Platy!  It can be hard with certain personalities or tendencies.  It was not easy with little sleep.  And then you add therapy and not enough food?  I think I'm almost required to do better tomorrow!  Please hugs? 

<3 Platy 

*This Platy wishes to be able to sleep underwater.  That just sounds a bit cozy right now.

mytwistedsoul February 7th

@cyanPlatypus6370 Sending you hugs ❤️ It definitely sounds like a rough day 😞 Peopling is so hard to begin with and doing it when we're low on sleep is even harder. And add therapy and not enough food is Omgosh - I'd be pretty stressed myself 😬

hamsta-hamsta-world.gif

I hope you have a nice relaxed rest of the day Platy ❤️

SparkyGizmo February 7th

@cyanPlatypus6370

I send you big big *hugs* ❤️ my sweet friend! 😊

cyanPlatypus6370 OP February 7th

Things I did well today (February 6 Tuesday): 

1. I got to and participated in both of my appointments today. 

2. I shared good things that I've done this week, goal report with my counselor.

3. I went to the grocery store and bought food that I *know* I can eat.

mytwistedsoul February 7th

@cyanPlatypus6370 Yay you! 😊 A very busy day but you did great! 

SparkyGizmo February 7th

@cyanPlatypus6370

*high fives* 😊 and big big *hugs*❤️ my friend! 

I like your style! Many things in life will present us with certain challenges. It's okay to hurt, to be upset, to feel frustrated and to do so means being a human. I love seeing your resilience, the ability to bounce back, to acknowledge what it was that you did well! 

I commend you my friend! Thank you for being such a great example to the rest of us as well as allowing me to celebrate your victories here with you! 🥳

❤️❤️❤️

CoolMeCool February 8th

@cyanPlatypus6370

It is a productive day, Platy! 😊

There are a lot that you have completed well. 😊

cyanPlatypus6370 OP April 14th

Hello friends,  I'm typing now (1:40AM) when I should be laying down.  My body is mounting a protest, in the form of a possible migraine, current headache.  My body is protesting the fact that I am not getting enough sleep here recently.  The sun keeps waking me up in the early AM and I need to get another 90 mins or more of sleep in the morning.  I am super thankful to be falling asleep near my SST - but this can make for a very sore Platy in the morning, as SST sleeps on the floor. 

Also, getting my brain to slow down or focus on just relaxing has been very challenging in the last few weeks.  I should probably share these things with my Dr.  I am set to see him this week, Wednesday I think.  I am really *not* looking forward to that.  [This is Dr B, he's my psychiatrist.]  I am thankful that I will see my therapist on Tuesday.  I'm especially thankful for that this week as she will be gone for 3 of the 5 'business' days. But there's another thing I don't want to think about right now,

so umm.... platypus, koalas, clown fish, swordfish!  "The Sword in the Stone," Archimedes, owls, night owl, sleep, ...inhale, exhale... breathe Platy, just breathe. 

Hugs?  Prayers?  Sweet notes or kind thoughts?  Thanks for reading, guys.  <3 Platy 

CoolMeCool April 16th

@cyanPlatypus6370

Hi Platy, will it help if you try to jot down anything on your mind whenever you cannot fall asleep or try to drink milk before sleeping time, or if you can, have some exercise that way you will feel tired and will fall asleep at night? Send hugs!

cyanPlatypus6370 OP April 18th

Hello everyone :) Today, Wednesday, April 17, I did... 

1. Got to my Dr. appointment very close to on time (3min after time). 

2. Talked with the doctor (see #1).  (Be nice to self, Platy, do not add qualifiers to that.)  I did talk with my doctor today.

3. I helped Mom pay for groceries this afternoon.  She is worried about her upcoming surgery (which is still nearly 30 days away). 

4. Tried to understand what mom was meaning in her comments about my sister-in-law's family (mostly about my N and n's other aunts/uncles, other family, etc).  

5. I took some rest (aka nap) at a weird time of day, but I was getting very overwhelmed emotionally.  (My SST gladly slept nearby) = huge smile, very good thing. 

Yes, it was a busy day.  Yes, I can give myself permission to be emotionally exhausted!  So, yes it was okay to have a nap at a strange time.  I need to (and at least part of me wants to) take better care of my physical body - including sleep!  #TakeCare  #BeKind 🐝  #BeKindtoSelf !? ! 🐬  🐢

How was your Wednesday?  What do you have planned for today-Thursday?  <3 Platy 

@sunisshiningandsoareyou  @tinywhisper11  @sparkygizmo  @anomalia  @internalAcceptance  @yourcaringConfidant  @fristo @optimisticempath  @kristynsmama  @soulfullyabutterfly  @mytwistedsoul  @trueconfidant123  @beck1  @glenM  @heather225  @hope  @asilentObserver  @coolmecool

trueconfidant123 April 18th

@cyanPlatypus6370

Yay Platy! You're so good at what you do. ❤️❤️❤️

Heather225 April 18th

@cyanPlatypus6370

that's a hugely productive day! you should be very proud! 💗

cyanPlatypus6370 OP June 6th

Dear friends, 

I know this is not the official prayer thread so you can leave this paragraph if you prefer, but ...  Would y'all pray for me?  I figured I would write here as sort of a central place to get my message to several of you at one time.

Okay, if you were tuning it out (I don't mind), please begin reading here:

I am very stressed out and have been extremely overwhelmed this week.  Like to the point of tears, two times.  It is not any fun at all and it is so hard to deal with on my own.  I detest that part.  

My "emotional dysregulation" personality?? or personality traits (aka Borderline Personality Disorder) is being very high this week.  I feel my emotions are everywhere and nowhere at the same time.  I am super thankful to have SST here with me!  Unfortunately part of the issues are about her :( :( :(  She is healthy and doing fine - Thank you, Lord!  It is time to renew her approval as a "not a pet"/ESA (Emotional Support Animal), also called Assistance Animal and Support Animal on this website we are required to use.  Oh my! the terms and definitions!  But that is not even my issue right now.  

Our approval for SST was set to expire on June 5; and it did.  But even though I was at the site and trying to update two separate times in May of this year, the official approval still expired.  I talked to our apartment manager guy on the phone about the site and my SST this late afternoon.  I left the call by not responding and therefore I think he hung up.  I was in tears with my SST because he didn't understand my question and was trying to "help" me in a way that was totally not the problem, not the issue and unhelpful all the way around. 

Second thing to tell you about: 

I am glad to report that my therapist, gone for several weeks - few months, has officially and actually returned to the office and to work as of Monday.  I am very thankful for this as she left work to prepare for and then deliver their twin baby boys!  She has been on maternity leave and I have been missing her.  Tuesday I had a scheduled appointment, our first since I think March 5th.  I got to the office (SST came with me) and found her actually there.  This is a fear of mine; kind of any time my counselor might leave for something (even like few days for a vacation or something "small"), I can get very concerned that she will not come back.  This time the joy of having new babies to doat on, to love and care for... my concern was if she really would come back at all.

I am thankful to report that she did.  Babies were born March 25 and both spent some time in NICU (intensive care unit for newborn and very small babies).  They needed to stay inside mama for a bit longer to help develop lungs more fully - but also not stay inside mama because they were sort of in each other's way! on both sides, lol.  They were born at small but great weight/size for twins.  Now, they are all - the entire family - back home from hospital and the older brothers done with school. 

was so glad to hear this report and most of all that they are doing well and continuing to be healthy.  They now have a family of: mom, dad, son (15), son (13), son (just turned 5), and two tiny baby boys who are just over 2 months old!  And also, do not forget their bestest, sweet four-legged friend! (canine variety)  My therapist said pup is doing well too and being nursemaid by being near/available, but not on top of small boys :) 

If you've read all the way to here?  Thank you, and 2 or 3 gold stars to you!  Please send hugs, I could use about 7 right now.  Also prayers for sleep and being tired.  It is currently 3:46am.  I am up by way of unintentional naps while watching even 1 hour of TV and lots, lots of anxiety. 

Again, thank you friends.  I am so grateful that we have 7cups and that I can write to you.  I send you hugs too!  <3 Platy (ha, nearly signed my given first name again!)  and of course, SST too ❤️ 🐾

@glenM  @heather225  @anomalia  @sunisshiningandsoareyou  @internalacceptance and everyone who is following my page, or just comes upon it.  Thank you for reading <3 

@cyanPlatypus6370

Aw so valid to feel overwhelmed, Platy, I hope things turn out all-right super soon for you. 7 or endless hugsssss for you!🤗❤

And of course, keeping you in my thoughts.❤

(Also yay for the twinsss🥰 hope babies continue to get healthier and better❤) 

mytwistedsoul June 6th

@cyanPlatypus6370 Omgosh no wonder you're so stressed! I'm sorry that renewing her ESA approval has been causing so much trouble 😞 That would be so frustrating - trying to do what you need to do and having nothing but problems

I worry about that with my therapist too. That he'll not come back from breaks and vacations. I'm really really happy that your therapist did! And that everyone is healthy and happy 😊 

I'm sending you a refilling basket of hugs and some sleepy dust and a ton of super good vibes ❤️❤️
GlenM June 6th

@cyanPlatypus6370 praying for you that all goes well, sending you ✨and gold stars! Glad you are sharing here and getting support. Great modeling of giving and receiving care 💪

@cyanPlatypus6370  Everything that you're going through sounds so overwhelming so it's understandable that you're so stressed right now.  I hope that SST is able to get renewed sooner rather than later and that your landlord is more understanding.

Sending lots of hugs to you and SST.

cyanPlatypus6370 OP August 6th

Hey. So, I'm on the phone app - one of my 1st times here.

I'm not doing well.

I need to remember to come back here and update y'all when things are generally OK!

Please pray for me and SST. My sleep schedule and eating "schedule" is really messed up.

Good things:

1 - I am very much enjoying the Olympic competitions! Go USA!!! #Paris2024

2 - I got a replacement refrigerator on Friday, = before the weekend!

3 - I picked up 2 Rx today, that I've needed since Thursday night. I'm hoping my allergy symptoms will lessen as I start the allergy med again tonight.

4 - I vacuumed a good chunk of my apartment floor this weekend. I even emptied the dust,etc collection bin 😲

Thanks for reading and for your prayers. Do feel free to leave suggestions, resources, and/or reminders for me – as I do really want to come back and provide updates. Thanks, friends!! You guys take care of you, too! Ok?♥️ Platy

tech Tuesday, Aug 6!? time here is 1:25am.

mytwistedsoul August 6th

@cyanPlatypus6370 Hey Platy ❤️ I'm really sorry to hear you're not doing well. I think sleep troubles just make everything seem worse. Especially if you're over tired. Plus add allergies to it and ugh 😫 I'm glad to hear you got your prescription for it. Hopefully that helps soon and you can get some rest

Congratulations on the new fridge! And the fact that it came before the weekend! I hope you didn't lose much food stuff if the old conked out

And you got most of the apartment vacuumed! Woohoo! I hate house cleaning 😅 It's never ending

You got this Platy! Sending hugs and love and lots of good vibes! ❤️

cyanPlatypus6370 OP August 25th

Thank you so much for your hugs and words of encouragement!  I really appreciate you.  Thank you for helping me to see the good things.  You know, like being excited with me for the *small* good things.  Thanks for speaking up here and saying hey good job, vacuuming is "never-ending" and annoying!  (okay you didn't say exactly that but you know)  :) I hope you have a marvelous day ... today! @mytwistedsoul

:)  <3 Platy 

mytwistedsoul August 27th

@cyanPlatypus6370 You're welcome Platy ❤️ Those little things matter - they're worth getting excited over too! 

Omgosh vacuuming is almost as annoying as dusting imo 😬 
Aww thank you! I hope you have a wonderful week! 😊