Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Aging Up Support Thread

Hope January 31st, 2020

Hi everyone! In the past few weeks, the Teen Leadership Team has been brainstorming ways to better support our transitioning teens. In an attempt to provide you with a space where you can get support on transitioning into the adult side we are launching this Teen Transitioning Support Thread. Here is it how it will go:

â This is a safe space for all teens who are soon aging up or have recently aged up to share anything that concerns them about the transitioning process, ask questions and get support.

â The thread will be monitored by our Teen Transitioning Mentors. Most of our Teen Transitioning Mentors have gone through the aging up process themself and are passionate about supporting our transitioning teens. They will respond to the members posting in this thread.

Important!

â This is not a place to get support on matters other than aging up as a teen. This is so we can focus our resources on supporting the teens who are going through the transitioning process. If you are looking for support on a personal matter/in need of a listener, please check our browse listener page.

*Aging Up: A period when a member/listener who joined 7 Cups as a teenager turns 18 and is moved to the adult side. It is also referred to as the transitioning period.

vcLTJvPKZ9ExPCPS_olG89VDn0M0XQKba1MmyEeFtruJjE5YK-Yi_qh0W3UR2Ifv8HU2SfXakuMIfP-swqq5rtdEn8HHftsar5f3CcC2AQHvKimnw1JjXb8KF1UuPjZLHFhrUKjU

This post is brought to you by the Teen Transitioning Program. Please read about it here.

Mindplane1479 February 10th

@rufuss3 I'm still not completely content to just wait until the end of 6th form since I'm trying to get my project to go ahead but yeah I get the idea. I had a pretty bad argument with my parents after I got mad after failing a driving test. I wont go into specifics because the stuff my family said may be too disturbing for some people and I don't know how to put a content warning on it. But things are stabilising.

rufuss3 February 14th

@Mindplane1479 i'm sorry to hear that, that sounds like it was quite an upsetting time- do you feel safe and okay at home still, and do you have a point of contact in person to support you of you need it? and i'm sorry to hear about the driving test - how are you feeling about it? I'm glad things feel like they're stabilising and i fully understand not wanting to just wait it all out, but are things okay with your parents - do you feel safe and happy? 

Mindplane1479 February 18th

@rufuss3 Im safe but not happy, i just cannot deal after failing the driving test im in a complete dark place and im just upset even more about it than the leadership committee. I keep trying to get upset in a quiet way but its always too loud and i get complaints from my family. i just hate my family and im very direct with them about how i wish i wasnt related to them and how they are evil. i just hate my life and i cannot manage, i just cant really trust anyone because the school is against me. Im mad at zoey because she said she did nothing wrong to me and how i shouldnt complain and im being ungrateful and i hate how she passed and gets everything but i just get constant abuse and get told im wrong for saying how i hate them.

Heartsandrosesandpaws January 9th

As I recall teen that aged up normally make a forum post and keep in touch there until other one ages up

aly1313 January 21st

is adult same as teen just adults? 

ASilentObserver January 22nd

@aly1313 yes aly. <3 we have adult side where adult members and listener participate to support each other. 

conscientiousScarf7337 February 28th

@Hope well my birthday is in 2 days...nd i m gonna be an adult !!! any tips for adulting??? 

Heartsandrosesandpaws February 29th

@conscientiousScarf7337

here is something that may help you with aging up to oldie side https://www.7cups.com/forum/agingup/General_2532/Whattoexpectwhenyouageup_306402/

lovingRainbows2088 February 29th

@Hope

Thank you for this information

SystemFireSkye March 28th

@Hope

Age up in April, feeling nervous,idk why exactly, already missing teen friends. 5 years on teen side,jus idk what to think.

@SystemFireSkye

if you have a listener accout you can become a adult teen listener   Here more information https://www.7cups.com/forum/agingup/AdultTeenListenerProgram_2487/BecomeAnAdultTeenListenerATLSupportTheTeenCommunity_292412/ or you can make forum post to keep in in touch.

i have seen  people aged up  from the teenside in the rooms at times.

SystemFireSkye April 1st

@Heartsandrosesandpaws

Thanks for the information, much appreciated 👍

I do want to create a forum,or thread or post lol whatever its called,I jus don't remember how. Can u help? 

Heather225 June 25th

@SystemFireSkye

i know this is super late but i just rediscovered this thread. do you still need help?