Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Academy Central Support Thread! Go to thread for academy questions

Hope July 20th, 2022

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. It is common to have questions regarding your academy program journey. It can be challenging to wait for a response so to provide speedy support, we have decided to have this one central thread where all academy trainees/interns can ask questions related to their academy journey.

Here is how to get support!

Respond to this thread with your question(s) and the program you are enrolled in. Remember, more information is better than less information. Provide context where needed so you can get speedy answers.

Who can respond to the questions?

Academy mentors, graduates, and even trainees if they are sure of the answer! Feel free to support each other and provide tips!

_1658325055.image.png

Make sure to keep an eye on your notifications so you can check the thread for answers. You can expect an answer within 24-30 hours.

This post is brought to you by the 7 Cups Academy Team, find out more information about the programs here

Hope OP March 25th

@IagoParis

I have responded to your PM. Marking this as responded

kindbubbles3420 April 30th

@Hope

I have a question, sorry. In the internship program, do I have to start working on the hours from the beginning date, or after my two-week trial? I read the two-week trial kit, and I completed the requirements in it, but do I have to start on the general requirements of the program now or should I wait till I fill out my two-week trial form?

yourbuddy30 April 30th

@kindbubbles3420 You can start your listening hours from the start Bubble. You do not have to wait for your trial to end. This applies to all other requirements of the internship program. You can go ahead with finishing them from the start

kindbubbles3420 April 30th

@yourbuddy30

thank you so muchĀ šŸ„°

yourbuddy30 April 30th

@kindbubbles3420 You're welcome

Cdm question

For discussion 2 for the course work I see we giving a lot of keywords to work with do we have to use all the key words Ā or just some

yourbuddy30 May 11th

@Heartsandrosesandpaws I am not 100% sure but you can use some of them. I don't think using all is a necessity.Ā 

However please reach out to a CDM mentor to confirm the same

kindbubbles3420 May 15th

hi, I have a little question about the internship program requirements. now, I'm supposed to have 3 hours of listening every week, and I have 15 weeks in my program, which means that I should have 45 hours by the end of the program. now, do I have to make 3 hours each week, or can I manage them at my pace to reach the 45 hours in total before the end of the 15 weeks, without having to at least finish 3 hours weekly? thanks in advance, and sorry about the long question.
yourbuddy30 May 16th

@kindbubbles3420 Hello Kind, we consider the 45 hours in total. So you can do it at your own pace. No need to rush with the hours.Ā 

kindbubbles3420 May 16th

Thank you. šŸ˜Š

Angelanj June 13th

@Hope Hello. I'm currently doing the internship program and I'm a bit confused. How is it exactly "hours" are being tracked? I read the guide and it said 1 chat equals 1 hour. I want to know how will I be able to track hours for existing chats I have already. I have persons I listen to regularly and I would like those hours to count instead of accepting loads of new chats and still needing to reply to existing/continuing chats.

yourbuddy30 June 13th

@Angelanj Hello Anjelanj. 2 chat points counts as 1 hour. We usually calculate the listening hours during internship program.Ā 

The formula is (Chats now - chats at the beginning of internship)/2Ā 

You can find more about itĀ here

Angelanj June 13th

@yourbuddy30 hello buddy šŸ¤— Thanks much!Ā 

Angelanj June 17th

@Hope Hello! I'm wondering where we can get our trial form to submit?

Angelanj June 17th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou thanks much šŸ˜ŠšŸ’™

yourbuddy30 June 17th

@Angelanj Hello Angelanj, I am guessing you are asking for Internship program? You can find it here

Angelanj June 17th

@yourbuddy30 hihi no I got accepted I was just looking for the trial form we have to submit but thank you! šŸ«‚šŸ¤—ā¤ļø

@HopeĀ Hello! :) I am in the community internship program, and I wanted to come on here to ask a question about becoming a Verified Listener. Recently, my life has been very hectic as it's summer and I've had many things come up each day. This is why I chose the Community Track for my internship. In this, I also opted to do the Google Form version of the mock chat to become a verified listener. Could anyone help me find this form? The Verified Listener who reached out to me after I submitted the original application form was not able to help.Ā 

I appreciate any help, thank you!Ā 

@positivelyLuna333 to update, I was able to become a verified listener through a live chat. But hopefully this question could still help someone else in the future :)

MxdnightFaerie July 3rd

Hi @Hope ! Iā€™m wondering if my progress would be affected for the internship if my two-week trial has little hours? There has been a tropical storm in my region and I have unfortunately been unable to catch up on hours. Its the second week of my trial and I have all the other requirements besides the minimum hours (6 hours minimum for both weeks)

thank you!!

MxdnightFaerie July 4th

@MxdnightFaerie

July 4th

i forgot to sign off the date so im gonna redo it hereĀ 

InspiringPancakes July 12th

I applied for the internship at 7Cups and it said must apply 5 days before. I applied on the 10th and set to start on the 15th. But with differing timezones I don't know how close I cut it. Do you guys know if that matters?

yourbuddy30 July 12th

@InspiringPancakes That shouldn't matter Pancakes. It should be fine.Ā 

InspiringPancakes July 15th

@yourbuddy30 do I also have to do an honors project?

@InspiringPancakes

its Ā optional so u can do it or you do not need to do itĀ 

yourbuddy30 July 16th

@InspiringPancakes I agree with Paws. Its completely optional and dependent on you

InspiringPancakes July 19th

@yourbuddy30 And for like the hour tracking how does that work? The requirements list for like 3 hours a week but is that actually tracked for each week? or just for the overall total, its suggested I split my hours into 3 hours a week?

yourbuddy30 July 19th

@InspiringPancakes We consider the overall listening hours. It completely depends on you on how you want to manage it.Ā 

Savedbygrace35 July 26th

Can anyone tell me how long the time management course is for the time badge? Iā€™m on step 105. I donā€™t like the feeling that itā€™s going on forever with no idea of when it will be finished. Hard to gauge how much time to spend per day/week on it.Ā 

awesomePeace3772 July 26th

@Hope

Hi :) I completed my trial form, but also heard I need a badge request to proceed. Where would I find the form for that?

Hope OP July 26th

@awesomePeace3772

The trial form was previously called badge request. They are the same. No further action required on that front

MeganRenea July 27th

@Hope

This is an internship question. Do the 7-12 peer training count towards the compulsory 10 trainings? So 6 of them? And do the AL tests count as well?

yourbuddy30 July 27th

@MeganRenea Hello Renea, the peer trainings unfortunately do not count as they are a different elective. The AL tests do count as a part of the trainingĀ 

CaringSoul333 July 27th

@Hope

Hello, i am doing internship on 7 cups , i have done with 1st two weeks task and submit completion form as well.But after that I didn't receive my 3rd week requirement list. I even send email to 7cups regarding the issue but i receive no response. Can you help me with this.I want to continue my internship

yourbuddy30 July 28th

@CaringSoul333 Hello Caring, all the requirements should have been sent to you in the mail of onboarding. That contains all the requirements list that you need to completeĀ 

444eyes August 2nd

@Hope my final eval check-in was on 29 july but no mentlor reached out to me

yourbuddy30 August 2nd

@444eyes May I know which program are you a part of?

444eyes August 2nd

@yourbuddy30Ā 7 Cups internship program

yourbuddy30 August 2nd

@444eyes I'll Pm you regarding it