Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

☕️Academy Team Cafe Chat: Getting to Know Each Other☕️

PetiteSouris August 18th

📚Academy Team📚

It is my pleasure to host a fun and relaxed team building activity to help us connect and get to know each other- ☕️Welcome to our Academy Forum Cafe Chat☕️. Whether you are a newbie or oldie team member, this is an opportunity for us to share a bit about ourselves and get to know our peers. 

vibes-rainy.gif

Our Academy Forum Cafe Chat gives us the opportunity to have informal conversations with one another: we can share stories💬, interests⛷️🏔️, favorite books📕, or favorite food🍱. Let's think of it as going for a cafe break and a chat with your peers, virtually. Your participation will help to strength relationships and bring a sense of community within the Academy team.

Grab a Cup☕️ and enjoy a friendly space to share and chat💬. 

Let's Chit-Chat Prompts: 

🫖 Tell us about your drink of choice at your favorite cafe? 

🫖 Recommend a good book, movie, or TV show we can sip our drink to...

🫖 What has been one interesting thing you have learnt recently?

🫖 Have a bucket list? Share one thing on it, and why it is important to you?

🫖 If you can recall, kindly tells us about a random act of kindness that you witnessed or did, and how did it make you feel. 

I would love for us to keep the coffee, tea, and conversations flowing. Kindly, ask your peers follow-up questions, or share your own experiences to what others have posted. Be my guest and add your own prompts, if there is something you'd like to discuss.

✨Let's spill the tea Academy Team✨

c7k-tea-time.gif

@Hope @dreamtouch @weearth @anusha @soulfullyabutterfly @clarisse29 @walkalot @sirenofserenity @train1 @kitkats00 @thoughtlight @blinddaisy9121 @heathermarie95 @rubyjane00 @currysoup12 @yellowrose27 @azuldragon34 @yourbuddy30 @rui00 @tuffattack @comraderuhi @amber005 @quietlistener005 @hirari111 @sherweetsherif97 @cordialdancer @serenepeace3726 @dancat1128 @warmmemory6263 @gracefulbelle @wonderouslove3994 @maebyb @thoughtsbubbleexpress @mari228 @healingtalk @daydreammemories @kristynsmama @annonymousff07 @rubyjane00 @goldenrulejg @skansly @MellowMusic @Cubbytant  @uniqueGrace8272 @Mahad2804

DanCat1128 August 18th

🫖 Tell us about your drink of choice at your favorite cafe? 

😺 Chai tea latte or pumpkin spice latte depending on the season

😺 Books- Anne of Green gables, Little House on the prairie, etc children's classics (easier for me to understand)

😺 Movie - romcoms 

😺 TV show - Chicago med/Chicago fire 

😺 Turning valley's into mountains. 

😺 Bucket list.... I'll have to start making one 😂 I don't have any 

🫖 If you can recall, kindly tells us about a random act of kindness that you witnessed or did, and how did it make you feel. 

I gave someone in need of my lunch. It made me feel good. 

WeEarth August 19th

@DanCat1128

That's kind of you Dan 💜

love-i-love-you.gif

PetiteSouris OP August 20th

I appreciate you coming in the Academy Team Cafe, sipping to our favorite drink, and having a moment for some reflection. It must have been a great feeling indeed to give your sofa to someone who will use it.  I am certain that the receiver was also happy ☺︎

Romcoms🤭, I thought that was a series. 😆, it's short for Romantic comedies. You got me there

Keep turning those valleys into mountains‼️ @DanCat1128

✨Thanks for stopping by the Academy Team Cafe, your pumpkin spiced latte☕️ is on the house✨

pumpkin-spice-latte-psl.gif

DanCat1128 August 20th

@PetiteSouris

Lovely post 😊

heathermarie95 August 18th

@PetiteSouris

that is a hard one as I am always visiting new coffee shops around my state.

Traveling more. I have bad anxiety and want to overcome it

a couple of years ago I gave a homeless man $20.

WeEarth August 19th

@heathermarie95

Heather, awesome as always, the way you are!💜 Thank you my friend for being supportive and kind!

crystal-panda-dancing-together.gif

@heathermarie95

Thank you for stopping by the ☕️Academy Team Cafe☕️

I am seeing some similarities between us, wanting to travel 🧳 but having anxiety🫂.

If you could travel 🧳 anywhere, all expenses paid💰, anxiety not present...Where would you like to go? 

A new coffee shop awaits you, drink☕️ is paid for by PetiteSouris

Enjoy ☺︎

cafe.gif

yourbuddy30 August 19th

@PetiteSouris 

I think it would be an Oreo Milkshake. 

I am a huge fan of Harry Potter. Definitely that

I want to do my MBA from one of the top colleges. That matters a lot to me

WeEarth August 19th

@yourbuddy30

Oreo Milkshake , whohooo buddy 😋💜 As a person from India, I can relate to MBA 😄

@WeEarth

Is this a sort after degree in India?

WeEarth August 20th

@PetiteSouris

Souris, I think its one of the popular PG degrees in India among professionals, especially from top institutions🤔 Nowadays, the trend is facing a slow decline but yes its still there.

I think MBA is a preferable PG option in other countries too. What about your country?

@WeEarth

It's most definitely a favorite post graduate degree in the US too, however I also think that the market is saturated. I am not versed in the MBA degree, and I am wondering the benefits of pursuing it? Perhaps starting a business? But one can stack certificates and learn this way, no?

WeEarth August 20th

@PetiteSouris

Haha, thank you Souris for sharing that! Hmm 🤔 I think @yourbuddy30 can help us with that? 

Thank you for stopping by and having a chit chat 💬 in the ☕️Academy Team Cafe☕️. 

Harry Potter seems like a magical book series📚, I have never read it oddly enough. How would you describe it to me? Is it worth me reading one day?

@yourbuddy30, love this goal for you on your bucket🪣 list📋. I am rooting for your success, you deserve it. 

One Oreo Milkshake🥤 coming right up, drink is on the house.

oreo.gif

ThoughtLight August 19th

Recommending a book is a hard one. I'm a near pathological bibliophile. I have a long list but for the sake of the question I highly recommend The Hours by Michael Cunningham. Then see the movie which is amazing. Also, amazing film score by world famous composer Philip Glass. The Hours is a work of art. An off the wall fact about me is out of all my intellectual pursuits I'm quite the expert on mules. Yes, the farm animal. My family has been famous and had blue ribbon mules for at least 200 years that I know of. They are just as much a family member as an aunt or a sister.

@ThoughtLight

Thank you for stopping by the ☕️Academy Team Cafe☕️ and chit-chatting with us..

Woah, 200 years I am fascinated that your family had blue ribbons for such a long time This is such an amazing share with us, and I am grateful to get to know about your family history. What is something you can tell us about mules that we may not have known, or can you recommend a book about mules. 

Thank you for the book recommendation, "The Hours" by Michael Cunningham. 

books-reading.gif

Hope August 19th

@PetiteSouris

What a beautiful thread! I love the questions, they felt so personalized

1. A Piccolo paired with a milk chocolate chunk cookie. It is like a very strong latte

image_1724076166.png

2. Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. You can view a quick summary here. 

3. Human beings naturally see their faults/shortcomings as a result of circumstance or anything external but when someone else makes a mistake, we see it as a character flaw rather than first considering other external circumstances. For example, you spilled the coffee because the handle was too slippery, and Alex spilled the coffee because she is clumsy. 

4. I have none at the moment 

5. This was so long ago! I did not know the language of the country and started schooling there. One classmate would smile when she saw me (she could not speak English well so our interaction was limited to this). It was just a smile and I still remember her and how much that meant to me! We all need to smile at people more often 

@Hope

Thank you for stopping by the ☕️Academy Team Cafe☕️ for a chit-chat💬

Yum, that piccolo sounds so delish!! I have never had it, and I am wanting to try it now ❤︎

I will definitely read the summary on, "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl.

[@thoughtlight, I am tagging you since you are a bibliophile.]

Perhaps one day you'll have a bucket list: something you would like to do, somewhere where you'd like to travel or a food item you just have been meaning to try ?

Dont worry about paying for the piccolo☕️, your tab is on me today☺︎

image-43_1724155067.jpeg

How can I be a good host without chit-chatting 💭

My Turn ☺︎

☕️@heathermarie95 @weearth @yourbuddy30☕️

tea-lemon.gif

I ❤︎ to make tea at home: Lately I have been drinking turmeric, ginger🫚, and pineapple🍍 tea. 

₊˚⊹ ⁀➴ ᰔ‧₊˚⊹

image-40_1724152260.jpeg

I love Enid Blyton books! Her books are enchanting, magical and many times with fairies!

🧚I ❤︎ fairies🧚‍♀️

She wrote, "Famous Five", and "The Secret Seven" Have you read these 📚?

My favorite, "The Magic Brush and Other Stories" @ThoughtLight

₊˚⊹ ⁀➴ ᰔ‧₊˚⊹

image-41_1724152515.jpeg

[picture of Brahmi script]

Have you read my, " The Joy of Trying Something New for the First Time," thread? Well, I had mentioned that I was going to learn the Brahmi script. Good news🗞️‼️ I completed the workshop, and I had such a splendid time‼️ I received my certificate from the university today, having passed an oral and written test. 

₊˚⊹ ⁀➴ ᰔ‧₊˚⊹

love-you.gif

It is my dream to be conversant in the languages I am studying, and to learnt as much South Asian scripts as my brain can retain. 

₊˚⊹ ⁀➴ ᰔ‧₊˚⊹

kindness-spread-the-kindness.gif

🫖 If you can recall, kindly tells us about a random act of kindness that you witnessed or did, and how did it make you feel.. @hope

I have witnessed a lot of random acts of kindness. The most dear to me is seeing and helping my mum feed the stray cats🐈 in our neighborhood. 

heart-heart-images.gif

daydreammemories August 20th

@PetiteSouris

probably caramel 
macchiato

the good place, its a tv series

how to study foe effectively

i want to go skiing, i love it because i love snow, but i havent gotten a chance to yet 

i had a friend who stayed with me and tried to distract me while i felt panicky, that was pretty relaxing

PetiteSouris OP August 21st

I appreciate you coming in the ☕️Academy Team Cafe☕️, sipping to our favorite drink, and having a moment for some reflection. Love that you have a friend who can bring peace and calmness into your life.❤︎. Thank you for sharing such a personal act of kindness with us. 

Skiing🎿, woah! That's a must on a bucket🪣 list📋 if you love snow❄️!

@daydreammemories, where would you like to go skiing⛷️ for your very first time?  

Yum 😋, caramel macchiato

One steaming hot cup of caramel macchiato for you, paid for by Petite Souris. Enjoy!!

pumpkin-pumpkin-spice-latte.gif

daydreammemories August 21st

@PetiteSouris

thanksies! i have no idea, but i love switzerland haha. so maybe there
thanks for the kindness💕😍😊

Clarisse29 August 21st

@PetiteSouris

hi souris! thanks for the icebreakers! i love the cafe idea! <3

I love the cranberry iced coffee at this quaint little cafe close to my college campus!

Please sip your drinks to "Before the coffee gets cold" (book), Drake and Josh (2004-2007) (show), and Maurice (1989) (movie)

I'm doing a workshop on counseling micro-skills these days so I've been getting to learn a lot about how emotions work and techniques to regulate them!

one of the things on my bucket list is to visit Thailand. I love the culture and their approach to Buddhism and I'd love to go there and explore it all! 

🫖 If you can recall, kindly tell us about a random act of kindness that you witnessed or did, and how did it make you feel. 

I went to get my documents verified at my university yesterday and a really rude person yelled at me for no reason as soon as i entered the department. i was confused and struggling to process it all when one of the students walked up to me and helped me get my stuff in order. that was really kind of them and i hope they always get the best things in life <3 

PetiteSouris OP August 21st

Thank you, @Clarisse29, for stopping by and having a chit-chat💬 in the ☕️Academy Cafe☕️. 

Immediately I was drawn to the random act of kindness. I would like to highlight that student for coming to help you when you needed it most in that moment. This really stood out for me. ☺︎

Take me to Thailand🇹🇭 with you, a small souris🐭 like me can fit in your pockets🤭 Ive been eyeing a Buddhist class recently, but would have to enroll the following year. I think it's pretty neat we share this in common. If you can expound more on Thailand's approach to Buddhism, I would grab a cup of turmeric, ginger🫚, pineapple🍍 tea and listen to ya..... 

Cranberry 🧊iced🧊 coffee sounds so exotic. I had to search all over town to bring this drink to the Academy Cafe for you. Special delivery 🚚📦, and there isn't a charge. 

coffee.gif

Clarisse29 August 24th

@PetiteSouris

thank you for searching for it for me! i appreciate your effort <3

i will definitely take you to Thailand with me :) and not in my pockets! but in comfortable seats and gear!

I'm still reading up on their approaches and soon, we can have discussions about the same <3

PetiteSouris OP August 24th

@Clarisse29

Yay! A souris like me would love to travel first class!

tom-and-jerry-jerry-the-mouse.gif

wannatalkaboutit August 29th

@PetiteSouris

I know its extremely basic, but I love a carmel frappacino 

PetiteSouris OP August 29th

Thank you for stopping by the ☕️Academy Cafe☕️

I ❤︎ caramel frappuccino, its not basic🤭

One caramel frappuccino for you @wannatalkaboutit. 

I can suggest to you a 📖 one of your peers recommended:

"The Hours " by Michael Cunningham. 

pouring-decorating.gif

delightfulUnicorn38 September 4th

@PetiteSouris

🫖 Tell us about your drink of choice at your favorite cafe. 

i don't have a favorite coffe shop but i like the dark coffee, i have to prepare  all the time at home 

movie :Inside Out, book :The Art of Empathy 

i tried some personality tests and i have learned about my weaknesses, strengths

🫖 Have a bucket list? Share one thing on it, and why it is important to you.

be more mindful, it is important to me because will bring some peace to my life 

listening in 7 cups, it give you a sense of accomplishment, boost your self-esteem.  

maia102 September 6th

@PetiteSouris these are some lovely prompts, they honestly made me think a lot!!

🍄‍🟫 I don't really have a favourite cafe, but a classic cold coffee can never go wrong anywhere!

🍄‍🟫 I haven't seen many people talking about Blue Eyed Samurai, a TV show on Netflix. It's amazing both in story and visuals and I don't know why more people aren't talking about it. 

🍄‍🟫 Harry Potter tattoos have a higher regret rate than gender affirming surgeries. 

🍄‍🟫 I don't really have a bucket list honestly, I guess it's something I have to work on. 

🍄‍🟫 I recently helped a junior of mine in college with an assignment during a break in between lectures. It made me feel like the type of senior I always wished I had, who helped me out with random stuff that might seem small but meant a lot personally. This made me feel pretty good, plus it was great to see my junior running to tell me her grade a few days later!!