Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mental Health Awareness Month (Main Masterpost)

CheeryMango April 30th, 2022

_1651339772.image.png

We’ve all been through a lot in our lives. Mentally, physically and emotionally. Especially within the last two years of the COVID-19 pandemic and all that comes with it, quarantining, working from home,disrupted schedules, lack of social interaction and more. Now is a good time for us to take action and prioritize our mental health like never before.

May is Mental Health Awareness Month is a month-long event to raise awareness of mental health issues around the world and to mobilize efforts in support of mental health.

It’s important to remember that you are not alone, especially here on 7cups. 7Cups “is for anyone who wants to live in a world where the human experience is free from stigma and support. A world where all 7 billion of us grow and feel like we truly belong”.

This will be a collaboration event between the subcommunuties, group support and Content Team.The event is scheduled for May 2nd-30th, 2022.

We will be bringing in different activities for you to get engaged in. These activities will be hosted in the group support rooms and forums and will be aligned with the following themes:

Overall Theme: Together for Mental Health/Back to Basics

Week 1 (May 2nd-8th): Positive Mental Health

Week 2 (May 9th-15th): Mental Illnesses

Week 3 (May 16th-22nd): Speaking Up & Stigma

Week 4 (May 25th-30th May): Supporting Ourselves and Others

Masterposts:

*all text in BLUE is clickable!

Content Team: Social Media + Therapeutic Journaling/Reflection Prompts

Group Support

✨Subcommunities

Join us throughout the month for daily prompts, group discussions, forum threads, and more here on the site and on our various social media platforms.

This event will be open for participation until May 31st, 2022. Members and listeners can earn the Bridging Community badge by following the requirements below.

Requirements for the Bridging Community badge:

• Participate in at least one Mental Health Awareness activity in the forums, group chat room or social media.

Please subscribe to this thread and check your alerts as weekly events will be posted in this thread.

Please use this FORM to track your participation in the events. Please only submit one form per user.

@CheeryMango @SoulfullyAButterfly @ouiCherie

pamharley003 April 30th, 2022

@CheeryMango

I plan on making this month's check ins geared toward this months awareness with some links and questions to ask out 35+ Community.

Rena712 April 30th, 2022

This month is bringing me lots of hope...

theboymoana May 1st, 2022

I want to earn bridging community badge

MyNameIsNicole May 3rd, 2022

@theboymoana

you can, just participate in any of the events and fill the form!

disability support is having an event by may 16th, but depression support has started an event so you can participate and fill the form

let me know if you have any questions nahoa, my pms are always open

TheRusticMystic74 May 1st, 2022

This Month is very promising and I am very hopeful we all shall do great

IcedCoffee211109 May 1st, 2022

@CherryMango

Very nice, thank you.

amiableVision1813 May 2nd, 2022

I'm excited!

cheerfulIceCream May 4th, 2022
@CheeryMango
I want to make a forum threads as part of this event, how do I get it added to the masterpost?
CheeryMango OP May 10th, 2022

Hey @cheerfulIceCream! When you have created the posts in the community, you can either tag me in the post or send me the link and I will add it to the masterpost.

CalmTalkAmelia May 5th, 2022

This is very important to as a mental health practitioner and behavior technician. Thank you for posting this.

777Bre777 May 6th, 2022

Looking forward to participating :)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 7th, 2022

@CheeryMango

Yay May! 🌞❤

Optimisticempath May 8th, 2022

@CheeryMango

This is great

I participated in some forums and the social media posting but i haven't seen any group sessions happening maybe when I'm online they aren't but I would've wanted to participate in them too😅

I filled the form

Thanks for your work Mango

affectionateCat9553 May 27th, 2022

@CheeryMango

I kinda missed this month. I didn't realize it is Mental Health Awareness month. I will try to be more aware next year.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 27th, 2022

Hey @affectionateCat9553, absolutely no worries and you can still participate in the activities. ❤