Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Announcement- Criteria Change to unlock Listener Community Room!

ASilentObserver December 10th, 2019

Hello Listeners Team,

As you might know, Listener Community Room is badge locked. You need, "Verified Listener" badge to unlock it. We heard your challenges and concerns. We making a small change to ease the process.

We are thankful for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. We are rolling out this change and will keep making improvements to provide all support needed to our Listeners Team!

The vision of this change- Provide a lighthearted environment and support to our listeners while strengthening each other strengths and working together on weaknesses, if any.

Old Criteria- Have the Verified Listener badge!

New Criteria- Complete 4 training guides.

1. Listener Community Guide

2. First 3 Peer Training- Peer Training- I, Peer Training- II, Peer Training -III

The purpose of completing these guides is to help you to develop your listening skills and become an effective listener.

We hope you find it as an attainable milestone in your listening journey. You can learn from each other to grow while having some joyous moments in the Listener Community Room. It will also allow more listeners to connect and engage with each other in a lighthearted group set up.

Reminder- Ensure Support, Compassion, Care, Respect and Fun when you are present in the room. You are the role model for the new listeners and the potential leaders of the community. If we find unsupportive behavior, your access to the room can be revoked.

We are grateful for your efforts, patience, and support. We are progressing to build a better community for all.

Important note!

I realized not many are comfortable to put their lived experiences on their profiles and that is unable to get access to peer training guides!

I hear your concerns and totally agree with you. Not many of us are comfortable sharing the lived experiences! It is okay.

As per the discussions I had, we figured out there is the other way around to get access to the training!

We have topics like Student Life, General Mental Health, Work Stress, Forgiveness and a few more which I believe we all experience regardless of our roles! So, we can pick one of those to get access to PS guides and get things done!

The purpose to lower the criteria was to boost engagement while ensuring we learn things!

Please follow these steps to get access to Listener Community Room!

Step1. Go to https://www.7cups.com/listener/editAccount.php & Select the topics on which you may have lived experiences and comfortable to share w/ community! If you are uncomfortable, you can pick general topics like "Student Life", "Forgiveness", "Work Stress", "General Mental Health" and others! and click "Save Changes"

1e6b3ca222dfd1819921b44a72db24be.png

Step 2- Go to https://www.7cups.com/listener/training.php and click on Listener Community Guide, Peer Training 1, 2 & 3 to read and complete them..

e1616539f00c3020d6369e8fbd139a3b.png

Step 3. Once you complete the training, you will have badges - Community 101, Peer Training 01, Peer Training 02, Peer Training 03 as shown in the screenshot below!

b61b7228ab1df8abc9452c6538eb8222.png38b9b2f289d0d43ae061264946c9c668.png

Step 4. Go to https://www.7cups.com/connect/groupChatrooms.php & find Listener Community Room in the list to enter!

I hope it helps everyone! If you still have any concerns or questions, please share!

Thank you, everyone!

Meanwhile,

Give a shout-out to someone you appreciate on 7Cups.

Check inside to learn about the recent updates related to Group Support.

MistyMagic December 10th, 2019

@ASilentObserver Thanks Obs! This sounds like a more achievable and faster way to enable Listeners to use the LCR. I look forward to seeing how it works out Slightly smiling

Listening .... One Step At A Time

RumpleSteeleSkin December 10th, 2019

@ASilentObserver thanks Obs for thinking of the best for our listener communityheart

MonBon December 10th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Hi Obs, thank you for looking into the changes! Can I recommend different guides though? Listeners do not gain access to the peer trainings unless they mark down that they have a lived experience. Some listeners do not have or choose not to display lived experiences.

BooksHugsandTea6370 December 21st, 2019

@MonBon - Thank you for pointing this out, MonBon! I still don't know where to look for the (insert right term for learning thing), but I hope those above are linked to the right pages. Also I didn't know I must have at least one topic marked as 'lived experience!' I would have easily been confused times 3 instead of *just* confused x2. And I agree with you, that while some may have 'lived experience' in a certain area - that doesn't mean he/she wants that posted on his/her profile (public profile!). ~BooksHugs

P.S. As here 'they' (who is that anyway?) have taken away my access to the Listener Community Room ... is there a way or would 'they' ever take away my "purple checkmark" signaling that I am a verified listener?

MonBon December 21st, 2019

@BooksHugsandTea6370

As of now there is no process for becoming unverified, but I can't speak for the future. Presumably if such a change would occur, the community management team would keep everyone in the loop similar to this type of post.

Tyedyedbutterfly65 December 10th, 2019

@ASilentObserver Great Plan to come up with... !

lovelyWhisper66 December 10th, 2019

@ASilentObserver Yay, thanks for the lovely update. Appreciate all your support and hard work. :)

SparkyGizmo December 10th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

I can only think that the new requirements will ensure the intent of listeners to be here to learn and help members while enjoying these rooms.The rules are clearly listed at the bottom of the page, but unfortunately there are some that don't do their part to ensure an inclusive, warm, and welcoming environment. heartyes

Heather225 December 10th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks of this change and what it will do for LCR's environement!

heart

supportiveTime74 December 12th, 2019

@Supportivetime74

Hi obs, what if i just took peer training 1, 2, 3, & 4. and I did pass them all. Who do I report it too?

December 15th, 2019

Did those 4 guides so how do get access

JusticiaPrimalDorogo December 20th, 2019

Oh, that`s why I have lost access to the Listener community room... Since I got an old requirement...

ASilentObserver OP December 20th, 2019

Important note!

I realized not many are comfortable to put their lived experiences on their profiles and that is unable to get access to peer training guides!

I hear your concerns and totally agree with you. Not many of us are comfortable sharing the lived experiences! It is okay.

As per the discussions I had, we figured out there is the other way around to get access to the training!

We have topics like Student Life, General Mental Health, Work Stress, Forgiveness and a few more which I believe we all experience regardless of our roles! So, we can pick one of those to get access to PS guides and get things done!

The purpose to lower the criteria was to boost engagement while ensuring we learn things!

I hope it helps everyone! If you still have any concerns or questions, please share!

Thank you, everyone!

SparkyGizmo December 20th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

I'm so glad that you mentioned this! This very question came up yesterday in the LSR. I said the very same thing and that I could understand how anyone might feel uncomfortable with sharing that type of information. No reason to overly share if not comfortable, not really the point of having access to the trainings in my opinion as well! I mentioned the value of the peer trainings and they are some of the best trainings we have access to! Click on something, anything to get access if need be. One and done! smiley

HelpingHand9812 December 20th, 2019

Hello, I just became a listener today and I need help in updating the profile settings because it seems that I cant write certain stuff? I'm a little bit confused and since this is new for me I just need some guidance. Thank you@SparkyGizmo

@HelpingHand9812

Welcome to the team! heart I would be happy to help you! smiley You can pm me if you would like and I will do my best to help you along! I will be on and off the computer for a little bit, I'll keep trying to check in my pms and I will check here too. If for some reason, we aren't able to content, feel free to go to the Listener Support Room as well. You can get there by clicking on the question mark in the right hand corner or the drop down tab under group chats!

@SparkyGizmo

oops *connect* sorry about the typosurprise

HelpingHand9812 December 20th, 2019

Thank you!@SparkyGizmo

CaringBrit December 20th, 2019

@ASilentObserver this is a very good plan monbon had asked this question when this update initially came out but no response was given glad to see it has now though

BooksHugsandTea6370 September 26th, 2020

@CaringBrit - I see you! Happy 5 years at 7cups! That shows commitment, I appreciate that! Congrats, dear and keep coming back to us, ok? smiley ~ BooksHugs

CaringBrit October 1st, 2020

@BooksHugsandTea6370 i will :)

BooksHugsandTea6370 December 21st, 2019

@ASilentObserver - Hi Obs :) This change does not help me at all at the current moment as I have the Verified Listener, but I don't even know where these other learning thingys are (Peer Support 1, etc). So if I want to get into the Community Room -which I most definitely do at times - it feels like there's a lot of work ahead of me. At this time (mid-end of December), for me at least, this change is very unwelcome. I guess it depends on "what kind"(?) of Listeners we want to allow access to the LCR. ~ sad BooksHugs

ASilentObserver OP December 21st, 2019

@BooksHugsandTea6370 My apologies for the inconvenience Book! Our thought to ease the process and no stress everyone!

Please follow these steps to get access to Listener Community Room!

Step1. Go to https://www.7cups.com/listener/editAccount.php & Select the topics on which you may have lived experiences and comfortable to share w/ community! If you are uncomfortable, you can pick general topics like "Student Life", "Forgiveness", "Work Stress", "General Mental Health" and others! and click "Save Changes"

1e6b3ca222dfd1819921b44a72db24be.png

Step 2- Go to https://www.7cups.com/listener/training.php and click on Listener Community Guide, Peer Training 1, 2 & 3 to read and complete them..

e1616539f00c3020d6369e8fbd139a3b.png

Step 3. Once you complete the training, you will have badges - Community 101, Peer Training 01, Peer Training 02, Peer Training 03 as shown in the screenshot below!

b61b7228ab1df8abc9452c6538eb8222.png38b9b2f289d0d43ae061264946c9c668.png

Step 4. Go to https://www.7cups.com/connect/groupChatrooms.php & find Listener Community Room in the list to enter!

I hope it helps everyone! <3

ASilentObserver OP December 20th, 2019

@vroomvrooom you didn't! Vroom!

Step 1. Go to your profile settings and select a topic under lived experiences! Eg. Work Stress and save the changes!

Step 2. Go to Training and certification page to read and complete first three Peer training guides. After completion of each guide, you will be get its badge!

Step 3. Once you will have all 4 badges- Community 10, Peer Training 1,2 &3 , you will able to see LCR in the room list!

CaringBrit December 27th, 2019

@vroomvrooom in settings theirs a checkbox for catagories you are comfortable discussing a checkbox for topics not comfortable then lived experience ones you need to select the 3rd box ones choose some to unlock the peer trainings like obs has said

ifyouknowtocountcountwithme January 9th, 2020

Hey, uhm besides the badges ... is the hangout room and community room the same? for the same purposes? what topics aren't allowed on all 7 cups? Including these listeners rooms?

About Listener support room? Can we chat lighthearted topics?

I am kind of confused with this.

Thanks.

ASilentObserver OP January 9th, 2020

@ifyouknowtocountcountwithme

Good question IfYouKnow. Listener Community Room and Hangout is for the same purpose i.e. Lighthearted chats. Listener support rooms n teen listeners primarily be used for seeking and providing support. Though, if room is slow, listeners can have lighthearted chats but as soon as someone reach out for support, all casual chats need to be paused to focus on providing support.

It is requested to not discuss or engage in conflicting or inappropriate topics like politics, religion, sex to name a few.

Thank you for bringing this.

ifyouknowtocountcountwithme January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Oh ok, so I was right. It just that a few mods I feel was way too strict and I didn't feel welcomed, I just dislike it honestly.

ASilentObserver OP January 9th, 2020

@ifyouknowtocountcountwithme I am sorry to hear it IfYouKnow for your rough experience. Though it is group support rooms, all are welcomed to join and participate as long as we complying with chatroom guidelines. We would love to have your presence and participation in the rooms.

vivelespatates August 14th, 2020

@ASilentObserver
they ask peer trainings, but those unlock only if you selected one of your topics as "direct living experience" on your profile. the post should mention it. since many listeners dont want write publically on their profile what issues they experienced themselves

ASilentObserver OP August 17th, 2020

@vivelespatates Vive, as a human we might have different things we experienced and we could use a general category to unlock peer support training. Like general mental health, or student support, etc? They are the topics in which we all have life experience.

vivelespatates August 17th, 2020

@ASilentObserver of course, i think we all have, but its just good to just specify how unlock them so if someone doesnt find them they may fix it
wink

fruityrainbow123 July 16th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

I did all of the steps and passed the trainings and stuff but I don't see the Listener Community Room in the list. Why is that?