Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Updated Community Track Leadership Roles (Masterpost) 2023

CheeryMango November 1st, 2022

Hello, everyone.

Please find below information for all of the roles under the Community domain.

Contact for Roles:

Forum Supporters, Community Mentors, Community Mentor Leaders and Forum Key: @CheeryMango (Admin) @tommy (Ambassador)

Room Supporters and Chatroom Moderators: @ASilentObserver (Admin) @brilliantTurtle89 @Suryansh (Ambassadors)

Community Mentor Leader
Role Description: A Community Mentor Leader is tasked with multiple responsibilities based on teamwork, moderation, and coverage in a sub-community. This is a high-level leadership role that requires creative problem-solving, healthy boundaries, and a willingness to offer long-term support.

Requirements:
2+ months Community Mentor
Teen or Adult-Teen Listener
100+ Chats
100+ Forum Posts
100+ Forum Upvotes
10+ Written Reviews

Responsibilities:
Lead team meetings
Check-in with team members on a bi-weekly basis
Update the leaderboard and community description periodically
Ensure leadership coverage in all areas within the community
Communicate the progress of the community to ambassadors
Motivate and support team members in their roles
Maintain professionalism
Be a problem solver
Be adaptable and open to feedback
Click here to apply!

----------------------------

Community Mentor (Teen Community Star)
Role Description: You’re a good fit for the Community Mentor/Teen Star role if you’re passionate about growing and developing a certain community. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the activity and safety in your chosen area and you’ll work closely with the Community Mentor Leader, Forum Supporters and Project Agents to bring supportive posts and events daily.

Requirements:
Age 15 or older
Verified Listener Badge (Applicable to listeners only)
One month as a Forum Supporter
50+ chats
50+ forum posts
50+ forum upvotes
Provide links to 3 recent forum threads written in the last month by you
Apply here!

----------------------------

Forum Supporter
Role Description: A forum supporter is a leader who focuses on 1-3 communities and maintains engagement in the forums by posting and replying to threads with compassion and support.

Requirements for members:
25+ forum upvotes
25+ forum posts
Make 10+ forum posts per month
Taken the Member Oath

Requirements for listeners:
Verified Listener
25+ forum upvotes
25+ forum posts
Make 10+ forum posts per month
Taken the Listener Community Guide & Listener Oath
Click here to apply!

-------------------------------------------------

Global Community Mentor
Role Description: Are you wanting to support us across multiple communities? Consider joining us as a Global Community Mentor where you will be given access to moderate across all the forums. Being a Global Community Mentor will also grant you the ability to express interest on joining the Forum Flag Team (PM @tommy).

Requirements:
At least one month as a Community Mentor (or a Community Mentor Leader)
An understanding of different communities and the forum as a whole
Strong understanding of the Forum Guidelines
Click here to apply!

Forum Key
Role Description: Are you currently a project leader and need access to update threads and posts relating to your leadership role? You may consider applying for the Forum Key badge!

Requirements:
Must currently lead a project and have permission to apply from an Admin or Ambassador
Must have been in their leadership role for at least two weeks
Must understand that the badge can only be used to update threads and posts related to their project
Click here to apply!

Chatroom Moderator (Listeners Only)
Role Description: As a moderator in the group support room, you will be creating and maintaining a supportive and positive community culture in the member chatrooms.

Requirements:
25+ group chats
2000+ cheers
4 or higher overall star rating on Listener profile
3+ written reviews
Have Verified Listener Badge and Graduate Badge
No behavior reports in the past 3 months
Been a Listener for at least 6 weeks
Been a Room Supporter for at least 2 weeks
Click here to apply!

Room Supporter (Members)
Role Description: A member leader who creates the desired environment they feel comfortable in and make the room more welcoming for both members and listeners.

Responsibilities:
To take part in community building with members, listener room supporters, and moderators of the room.
To create a kind, compassionate, and supportive environment in group support
To support members in the room through active listening skills adjusted for a group support setting
To communicate with the rest of the support team
To offer feedback and suggestions to team leaders

Requirements:
Friendly Face Badge
Been a member for at least 4 weeks
Have completed the Compassion Course
Click here to apply!

Room Supporter (Listeners)
Role Description: A room supporter is a listener who has been trained to support members in a group support setting and is integrated into the support team.

Responsibilities:
To take part in community building with members, listener room supporters, and moderators of the room.
To create a kind, compassionate, and supportive environment in group support
To support members in the room through active listening skills adjusted for a group support setting
To communicate with the rest of the support team
To offer feedback and suggestions to team leaders

Responsibilities:
Listener in the community for 4+ weeks
1 written review + star rating of at least 3
Be willing to send at least 50+ messages per month in your chosen group support room
Click here to apply!

Last updated: 20 Sept By MistyMagic to reflect change to Community.

August 11 2023, @tommy

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 1st, 2022

@CheeryMango

Thankyou for sharing the updated list. 🥭

calmMango9611 November 1st, 2022

@CheeryMango Thanks for all that you do, to keep the other leaders of this sight, informed.

Thanks for communicating with us and for your time.

GoldenNest2727 November 2nd, 2022

@calmMango9611

Are you a Room Supporter, Mango? If not, you'd be a great fit for the role.

calmMango9611 November 2nd, 2022

@GoldenNest2727 I am already.

RedStar01 September 9th, 2023

@GoldenNest2727

... so how do you enjoy your room supporter roll?

Are you also a listener in another incarnation? :)

Journey144 November 1st, 2022

Thank you @CheeryMango. Your work is so appreciated. Very informative and easy to read. Stay well. 🌺

AmintaBlack November 2nd, 2022

@CheeryMango Thank you Mango for the update!!!

MistyMagic November 13th, 2022

I hope we get lots of applications! Sub-community is really a great track!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

MistyMagic February 14th, 2023

We are actively recruiting for ALL sub-communities, so please think how you can help support your favourite sub-community today!

SunShineAlwaysGrateful February 15th, 2023

Thank you appreciate the list ☀️

MistyMagic March 4th, 2023

Don't forget to take a look at the roles on offer, there are several sub-communities that are looking for You!

TexasExpat48 March 5th, 2023

I clicked on a "PDs need help application" while I was once again hunting for the Seniors community.

I want to be active listener/supporter for both.

I'm 74, female, loooong-time divorced while living alone (27+ years). I have decades of experience in extending my education and experience in supervising online support groups for those both in and recovering from abusive relationships. Post grad studies in psychology.

I'm preparing to move overseas to live with a man I've known online for 23 years... We've been best friends, online daily with one another.. Neither of us ever imad his wife would find someone else, but sometimes it happens. We've spent a number of months thinking about it.. but we can't escape the fact that our relationship shows every sign as being as mutually supportive as before. And we are willing to commit for the long-term. I've hated being alone. But as long as I knew Sam, there was no room in my life for any other man.

Anyway, I love the looks of 7cups, they way it's grown since I first read an article about it. I can't promise to "live on site", but I'll be here when I'm scheduled.

Hope to hear from someone.

Lou73 March 5th, 2023

Hi @TexasExpat48, thanks for your willingness to help and support :) The PD community is definitely open to any support you are able to give and whilst we don't have a senior community, we do have a 50 & over community and @amiablePeace77 is the leader to talk to.

Feel free to message if you need any help creating a listener account or if you'd like to join the PD community 😊

purplelady568 March 6th, 2023

@TexasExpat48 Thank you for being willing to offer your time, educational background, and life experiences here to others at 7cups! I hope you can find a role here that suits you. Have you considered doing leadership training? You can read more about all of the 7cups training programs here - https://www.7cups.com/listener/training.php#programs

They each have various start/end dates and time commitments.
tommy July 23rd, 2023

eduwis-preschool.gif

bumpty bump!

We are actively looking for additional coverage and support across all communities! If you are able to and are passionate then we'd love to have you on our team 💛 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or queries!

RedStar01 September 9th, 2023

@tommy

Hi Tommy - I think it would be really good, if we had a systems add-on to help evaluate automatically all the options one currently has for advancement based on ones present standing ... and produce a list of the next closest options, plus the steps to take so one could apply for them as part of such an automated evaluation ... should be quick to program and put in place - lol

WorkingitThrough2 August 11th, 2023

@CheeryMango

Thank you for this post and its requirements😊

trueconfidant123 August 27th, 2023

@CheeryMango

Thank you for this comprehensive post.

purpleSea7109 August 29th, 2023

Thank you for the information and hope you join all soon and get to know you all.

I might need help but you all will help and I will help at same time.

I am just a click away.Xx