Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Re-introduction: Improved Version of Active Listening Tests I-IV

ASilentObserver July 1st, 2022

Hi everyone,

As you all know, the Quality Team is working hard to make key changes to improve grading, processing time, etc. (Click here for the details)

I am excited to share with you that all the major changes are complete! The minor changes are still in progress, but we invite you to check out the restructured tests and share your input.

Before you start taking them, however, please note:

• If you already completed the AL Tests, you may not need to retake them. But if you didn’t complete any, please do take them and share your experiences with us. Here are all the Active Listening Tests Forms for easy access!
  • Please know that ALs are an opportunity to learn and test your own knowledge and understanding of active listening skills. They are the stepping stones to high-level listening. (We also recommend taking them in the sequence in which they’re presented as AL 1,2,3 and finally 4.
  • If you didn’t clear the quiz on the first attempt, do not worry. Our Feedback Team will reach out to you and share feedback and resources that you may utilize. When you feel more equipped, we encourage you to retake the quiz.
  • If you feel unsure and like you could use some more resources to prepare before attempting a quiz, please either contact any mentor from this page, request a Listener Coach, or reach out to Listener Support Room. We are here to help you out and make sure you succeed.
  • All the tests will be graded and processed within 3-5 business days. If in case you need to follow up on the outcome of the test or you didn’t hear back within the 3-5 business days period, please reach out to either Jenna, Mel, or EvelyneRose (Quality Admin)

A few helpful tips to ace the quiz!

1. Please read the questions & description of each question carefully before answering. It will help you frame your responses better. Be aware that some questions have parts (A) and (B). Be careful to notice when it says "MEMBER" and when it says "LISTENER". Ensure you frame your responses accordingly. Answers that only respond to half of the question will get half a point.

2. Please use your own words to write out each reply. Spelling and grammar will be secondary as we understand English is a secondary language for many of us. Responses will be monitored for content. Be aware that some questions need responses within 3-5 sentences.

3. Please review and confirm your responses before submission. It will ensure that you covered everything. You can save your answers in a word document so that if you need to make changes and try again you will have your previous answers to reflect on and make changes to.

4. Bookmark/ Save the updates thread to stay tuned with the latest developments::

5. Some of the situations in these quizzes may be harder to read and triggering for some listeners, so please keep this in mind and seek peer support whenever you need it.

We look forward to hearing from you. We will use your feedback to continue to iterate on this process. Thank you for your dedication to listening!

P.S.:

• All texts in blue color are hyperlinked and clickable.
  • All AL Team Graders, please contact either Evelyne, Mel, or Jenna to get access to the new AL Team Dashboard.
  • A big thanks to Jenna, Evelyne, Mel & Harsvin for their help and efforts.

(Sunisshiningandsoareyou added the correct link to AL 4 form on 07/23/22)

FrenchMarbles July 1st, 2022

@ASilentObserver

@CosmicMiracle has been waiting a few days now for the AS2 marking. [My mentee]

Harsvin July 1st, 2022

@FrenchMarbles

Please ask them to reach out to @Mel for AL 2 updates

ASilentObserver OP July 1st, 2022

@FrenchMarbles Hi Marbles, AL2 is a bit behind the grading, so patience would be appreciated but let them know we are working on clearing all the backlogs

FrenchMarbles July 1st, 2022

@ASilentObserver

It's fine I've been told she's passed the AL3 but thank you for the clarification <3 just wasn't sure what was going on but now I'm aware, thank you

EvelyneRose July 1st, 2022

@FrenchMarbles

Yeah sorry we're a little behind but trying to catch up quickly. It'll be graded soon!

NicholasW July 1st, 2022

Hello!

I have a question can we get started on the AL 3 right now and where do we put our listener name at?

NicholasW

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 23rd, 2022

Hey @NicholasW, good to see your enthusiasm to take the tests. You can indeed take AL3 when you like, or when you've completed the other 2 (sequence is recommended but not mandatory to follow).

The basic details like your listener name and such are asked further ahead in the same form, when you attempt the questions. Good luck!

NicholasW July 25th, 2022

Ohhhh okay thank you @Sunisshingandsoareyou

wonderfulMagic99 July 1st, 2022

@ASilentObserver For AL3 we have to agree to read the resources and tips first, but it just goes to the main forum page.

The link to the AL4 actually just goes back to this thread.

Hey @wonderfulMagic99, thankyou for bringing it to attention, I guess the issue with AL3 is resolved now? (It could perhaps be due to the forum restructuring going around earlier)

And I've fixed the link for AL 4 test.

wonderfulMagic99 July 23rd, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Yes it was fixed thanks @

yourfriendlysupporter July 2nd, 2022

@ASilentObserver ooh looking forward to trying out this course to test my time management skills!

July 2nd, 2022

@ASilentObserver are the same form links in the training section?

@BlueRiver5968

Yes Blue, they are the same links as the training page.

July 25th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou thanks so much sunnie

intelligentWind3206 July 26th, 2022

could someone please help me😊😊

I was asked to copy a link from my active listening one and paste it to my profile im not sure where or how to do this😟

July 26th, 2022

@intelligentWind3206 do you mean pasting your profile link to the active listening form?

tagging @Asilentobserver just in case