Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A Bittersweet Goodbye

Kate March 22nd, 2019

Dearest 7 Cups Community,

Its with mixed feelings that I am officially announcing that my time as Community Manager here at 7 Cups will be ending. I was offered an exciting new role with another organization and have accepted. My last day here as Community Manager will be next Friday, March 29th.

My time here over the past year and a half has been exciting, challenging and extremely rewarding. Ive learned so much from all of you and have valued leading the group support rooms and teen community. The one constant with 7 Cups is that things are constantly changing and evolving. Change can be hard to deal with and its ok to be scared or unsure. I am leaving you in good hands with @Laura, @Jill7Cups and @Heather225 (and Tuna).

Here is my advice and (unsolicited) wisdom:

- Approach change with an open mind and remember that nothing is set in stone and everyones feelings are valid, even when you may disagree.

- Be nice to everyone. You never know what someone is going through on the other side of the computer or phone screen.

- Be patient with the Community Managers. They see you and they care about you even if they dont answer your PM as fast as they would like to.

- Its ok to take time for self-care. I mean it. Go outside. Your roles will be here when you come back.

- No Cupsing in class.

Even after next Friday, I will still have access to this account so please stop by and say hi sometimes, send me a silly cat photo or a llama-related item you happen to come across.

heart

- Kate/LovelyLlama

Update from Jill: here is the compilation of going away messages that I shared in the surprise hug parties, if you didn't get a chance to add yours you can add it as a comment below.

Acylone March 31st, 2019

@Kate A heartfelt goodbye.

I wish I would've known you more. Thank you for every soul you helped here.

Shewolfz March 31st, 2019

@Kate Even though I didn't have the oppertunity to chat with you, I'dike to say good luck with the new role! Hopefully it's as amazing as it was here for ya!

(Here's a kitty pic for ya!)

summertimeSamness March 31st, 2019

@Shewolfz

Omg that pic XD

Shewolfz April 9th, 2019

@summertimeSamness

Lol, one of many I have in my Sacred Book!

weirdman March 31st, 2019

@Kate

Take care friend

scarletCat5668 March 31st, 2019

I am just going to throw a spanner in the works and call it fizzy drink or just drink.

FoodForTheSoul March 31st, 2019

@Kate Wish you nothing but the best Kate. Keep making the changes you already are making to the world with your presence.