Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help Wanted for the Support Plus Community!

AmintaBlack November 2nd, 2022

The Support Plus Community is looking for Listeners and Members to join our team! Support Plus is a small but diverse community for topics such as ADHD, Autism, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Body Focused Repetitive Behaviours, Hoarding, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. We don’t require you to be an expert of these topics. What we need most is willingness to learn and participate!

_1667354978.aria-s-3-sp-editedlogo_1637009320.png

Support Plus Logo painted by @jovialButterfly6752 and digitised by @AriadneLove.

There are a variety of roles available such as Community Mentor / Teen Community Star, Project Agent, Community Mentor Leader, Room Supporters (includes members) and Forum Supporters (includes members). We do activities such as weekly community check-in posts, writing articles for discussion, reply to members’ questions, create icebreaker questions, host group chat sessions, and host special events. There are different tasks and levels of responsibility for you to choose from, depending on your individual needs and availability. Both Adult and Teen listeners/members are welcome to apply!

Please see look at potential roles and apply here. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

tagging:

@AffyAvo @Asher @Azalea98 @bookworm274 @CheeryMango @Chevy81 @considerateParadise6717 @DonaldDraper @DylanxYuzu @EmmaE @emotionalTalker2260 @Erato @fallenAngel19 @Helpingheart23 @imaginativePear1976 @Izzy274 @KBeauty12 @kindheartedLily6247 @KyleBorg @LavenderHere @magicalOcean594 @MamaPiggy @Mel @MilaAvery @MistyMagic @Moonlemon48 @MyNameIsNicole @NoneTheWiser @Oceanwaves16 @Optimisticempath @PandaHelp000 @QuietMagic @RainbowdogsofParadise @Rodeogal @rrretsuko @scarletPear1945 @Sher217 @SkylarListens @SnailPurple @soulsings @SparkyGizmo @Starlasky @sunisshiningandsoareyou @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sunshinegiraffe123 @Sunthruclouds @tami150 @TessMo @theriverissinging @WarmLightXO @whenitsdarklookforstars @WhiteRoses25 @YourDigitalFriend @777Bre777 @Aileen1114117 @AllieSunshine @alwaysindigo @AmintaBlack @AuntieMymble @BecauseImBatman22 @CalmCoral @CandyRedApple2532 @CheeryMango @courageouslystronggirlll1997 @Emery5 @emotionalTalker2260 @Equinox56 @FlourishingDimensions @Happy900 @HealingBrokenWIngs @ItssssMJ @Ivy229 @jovialButterfly6752 @JustOneMoreEpisode @likewatersw @LovetoGod @Luchelle @magnifiedfaith @ManinblacK @MindfulListener82 @musicalHarmony @MyNameIsNicole @Nerdtastic01 @NikitaSm1l3s @ouiCherie @resourcefulPond1641 @Rhlexia520 @Rohitbhardwaj @roseMelody95 @ShatteredMentality @SleepyShyCat @SnorlaxFood @SpicyHeart @Star996 @sunshinegiraffe123 @thoughtfulGrapes1163 @tidyHickory3283 @xandia @xoBeebosBubsxo @bubbleTalker5188 @Dannc7c @hounddog2021 @ShneurZ

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 2nd, 2022

@AmintaBlack

Thankyou for this invite, hope the team continues to grow. ❤

lyricalAngel70 November 15th, 2022
I would love to be a part of this great initiative ♥️@AmintaBlack
AmintaBlack OP November 16th, 2022

@lyricalAngel70 Awesome! Glad to here it 😊 Any role in particular?

Also @CheeryMango is the subcommunity ambassador as well.

lyricalAngel70 November 16th, 2022
Thank you so much for writing back. Could you inform me of the available roles, please? ♥️@AmintaBlack
Aliya321 November 16th, 2022

@AmintaBlack I would love to be apart of the invitation

SleepyShyCat November 16th, 2022

@AmintaBlack

I've been thinking of applying for awhile, but I know I shouldn't until I know I'd definitely have the time for it. I might consider for next month. So I can't apply yet, but this is more me just letting you know I do have an interest 😸

AmintaBlack OP November 20th, 2022

@SleepyShyCat Thank you for expressing your interest and of course! No worries :) I hope everything goes well and let me know if you need any help!

Zevia1MM November 16th, 2022

@AmintaBlack

I'd definitely be interested in participating aslkjfhaskdfhsfh if the roles are still available

Zevia1MM November 16th, 2022

@AmintaBlack

I'd definitely be interested in participating! Could you please be so kind as to inform me of the available roles? :C

AmintaBlack OP November 16th, 2022

Hello everyone!

@lyricalAngel70 @Aliya321 @SleepyShyCat @Zevia1MM

Firstly, I am happy to see so many of you interested in taking an active in the Support Plus Community! I think you will find it to be a lovely community to be a part of!❤️

I just wanted to make one post addressing some questions about the specific roles available for SP+. We pretty much need any and all roles filled at this time. I will come back and update this at a later date when this changes.

A complete list of role expectations and requirements are here:

Project Agent: Welcome new subscribers weekly/biweekly. Post icebreakers weekly. Forum Coverage. Host 1 event with team. Create new content. Promote SP+ in forums + chat rooms.

Support Team Leader: Onboarding of new members, keep tockify up to date, cover any scheduled discussions if the host can't attend at the last minute, lead 3 discussions/ month.

Community Mentor Leader: A Community Mentor Leader is tasked with multiple responsibilities based on teamwork, moderation, and coverage in a sub-community. This is a high-level leadership role that requires creative problem solving, healthy boundaries, and a willingness to offer long-term support.

Community Mentor: 1 team meeting, games and icebreakers (8 in total), 2 forum discussions, regular community check-ins , 1 event, Welcome 20 new subscribers.

Chatroom Moderator (Listeners Only) - As a moderator in the group support room, you will be creating and maintaining a supportive and positive community culture in the member chatrooms.

Room Supporters: (Members and Listeners) - 50 messages in the Support Session room/ month AND host 1h/month (listeners) or 30 minutes/month for members. (Member and Listener accounts)

Forum Supporters (Member and Listeners): Write and reply to forum posts

Who to contact about applications:

Forum Supporters, Community Mentors, and Community Mentor Leaders: CheeryMango

Room Supporters and Chatroom Moderators: A SilentObserver

placidTree3403 November 17th, 2022

I'd like to become a listener but don't know where to start. I have hands on experience with single motherhood, divorce, career stress, adhd, bi polar disorder, mental health and many other resources. Please feel free to reach out and let me know what my first step would be.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 17th, 2022

Hey @placidTree3403, it's awesome that you'd like to use your experience to help more people as a listener. ❤

You can sign up to become a listener here (clickable).

Some of the leadership roles mentioned here are also available to members. Complete information on sub community roles mentioned in this (click me) post.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions, if any!

blitheSun94 November 19th, 2022

@AmintaBlack

Interested!

AmintaBlack OP November 19th, 2022

🐸 @blitheSun94 Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions or trouble with the applications.

blitheSun94 November 20th, 2022

@AmintaBlack

Greetings, Aminta!

My application has already been approved. I provided a list of the communities I am interested in and I am just waiting on the final decision to come down.

Also, let me just say that the group logo in the original post is a fascinating beautiful piece of art and I wish I had one! Kudos to the creator! ❤️

@blitheSun94 Fantastic! So glad to hear that :) Yes it really is a great work of art and such a nice addition to the community.

blitheSun94 November 20th, 2022

@AmintaBlack

UPDATE: I have been selected to support the Trauma and Bipolar/Schizophrenia/Psychosis Forums. In one month, I will add the Support Plus Community to that list. :)

@blitheSun94 Woohoo! So exciting :)

UnderstandingURpain December 9th, 2022

@AmintaBlack

So much love and appreciation I would love to help in any way I can wednesdays are good for me as well.