Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help Wanted: Depression Support 2023

EmmaE January 5th, 2023

The Depression Support team is looking for both teen and adult listeners and members to join our team!

Join Us" Images – Browse 7,399 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video | Adobe  Stock

Regardless of whether you prefer the forums or chatrooms, there is a role available for you and we'd love to have you. It is not required to have prior knowledge about depression; what is most important is your willingness to be part of a team and actively participate in the community.

If you love the forums:

Forum Supporter (members and listeners) - maintains engagement in the forums by posting and replying to threads with compassion and support

Requirements for members:

50+ forum upvotes
50+ forum posts
Make 10+ forum posts per month
Taken the Member Oath

Requirements for listeners:

Verified Listener
50+ forum upvotes
50+ forum posts
Make 10+ forum posts per month
Taken the Listener Community Guide & Listener Oath

Click here to apply

• quota: 10+ posts per month in each chosen subcom

If you love the chatrooms:

Room supporter (members and listeners) - someone who creates the desired environment they feel comfortable in, supports and makes the room more welcoming for both members and listeners

Requirements for members:

• no “newbie” badge i.e. being a member for 4+ weeks
  • have the “supportive smile” badge
  • have completed the compassion course

Requirements for listeners:

• no “newbie” badge i.e. being a listener for 4+ weeks
  • have 1100+ cheers (novice level 4)
  • have 1+ positive written reviews
  • have 2+ Group Support Chats

More information HERE and apply HERE

Chatroom moderator (listeners) - as a moderator in the group support room, you will be creating and maintaining a supportive and positive community culture in the member chatrooms

Requirements:

• 25+ group chats
  • 2000+ cheers
  • 4 or higher overall star rating on Listener profile
  • 3+ written reviews
  • have verified listener badge and graduate badge
  • no behavior reports in the past 3 months
  • been a Listener for at least 6 weeks
  • been a Room Supporter for at least 2 weeks
  • quota: send 100+ messages in member group chatrooms

More information HERE and apply HERE

If you have any questions about what these roles look like in depression support, please feel free to reach out to me, @EmmaE

I'm looking forward to seeing you on our team!

specialOrange3327 January 6th, 2023

@EmmaE I'll do it I'm an adult!

HealingTalk January 6th, 2023

@specialOrange3327

That would be wonderful, Miranda!

EmmaE OP January 6th, 2023

@specialOrange3327

I’m so glad that you’re interested! Hoping to see you soon :) Best of luck with your application!

AFollowerofPlato January 6th, 2023

But... don't you think this may be a bad idea? Having almost-random people dealing with people who are going through depression? I mean, even I have multiple college degrees, one of them in Psychology, and handling this kind of cases takes a significant toll on people... if people are not professionally trained, this can cause very significant issues to the listener and the member...!

EmmaE OP January 6th, 2023

@AFollowerofPlato

Hi there, thank you for your response! I understand what you are saying, however it is important to remember that on 7 cups, listeners are not therapists. We are not here to counsel those with depression; we are simply here to lend a listening, supportive ear and support those who are struggling with some compassion so they know they have a community of others behind them who may be experiencing similar struggles. All of our listeners are trained in active listening which is our goal! The roles in our depression team are meant to help keep our community active and help support those in our community, like any other, without attempting to counsel members or solve their problems. Our team and our resources (including discussions, check-ins, etc) are meant to offer our members a safe space where they can get support for depression or any depressive struggles they may be experiencing. I hope this helped, we appreciate you being here!

HassanSyed June 10th, 2023

Yeah surely listeners are not therapist so they can't be imperfect at their job.

Quietnights1975 January 8th, 2023

I would love to help but i would like to get more familiar with this app and all the benefits. Can I reach out later when I feel I’m ready to assist

EmmaE OP January 8th, 2023

@Quietnights1975

Hi! I’m so glad that you’re interested in helping out :) Of course, you can reach out and apply whenever you’d like! The applications are always open

MistyMagic February 28th, 2023

I hope lots of people think about these roles!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

blueAngel00 June 9th, 2023

@EmmaEI bet I could guess your "real life" job just from your post! It's so informative, yet concise, and welcoming as well! Awesome job, thank you! 🌹

You can for certain count me in (at least as far as applying goes!) 😉

Unfortunately, though, I can't even guesstimate at when I'll be able to actually make it happen. My plate is super-duper full emotionally, right now. Well it's just super-duper full, period: I have a deadline to finish a project at work, - it got bumped from next Friday to this Sunday (and I'm only about 1/6 through what needs to be done, and it's excruciatingly time consuming), I'm in the 2nd week of the CDM program in 7 Cups Academy and have only done half the assignments, which are all due this coming Sunday, I haven't done anything here as a listener yet, my three dogs are sick, needy, itching like crazy, miserable, and need baths every other day, I have to move by the end of the month while having no transportation, and I might be ending a ten year long romantic relationship. Oh! And Life is rearing its ugly head again.

YAY ME!!! 👏 😂 👼

Ever the "Miss Fix-it and Might as Well Fix Everyone Else's Too" person that I am, I feel horrible that there's a need now, but I'm unable to do anything to help. I humbly apologize. But I do promise that when, and if, my chaotic life eases up in the least, you will definitely see my application!

And it would be such an honor to help! Thank you! 🌹

🐻

EmmaE OP June 9th, 2023

@blueAngel00

Aww I really appreciate your response, I’m so glad you found the post informative and welcoming!!

There’s absolutely no worries or pressure at all to apply. I’m so sorry to hear about everything going on in your life :( it sounds extremely overwhelming and I’d never want you to feel as though you have to fill your plate even more. I am wishing you all the absolute best and hope everything will get better for you soon! I completely understand being the miss fix-it person and can definitely relate, but remember that you’re always the priority. One step at a time - everything will work out eventually! Depression support and myself will always be here if you’d like to apply or if you ever need support. Thank you! ❤️

danialo June 9th, 2023

I’d be interested. I’m an adult, currently training in mental health first aid.

EmmaE OP June 9th, 2023

@danialo

I’m so glad to hear that you’d be interested! Please feel free to find the application forms on the original post :) I hope to see you in depression support soon!

courageousThinker2777 June 10th, 2023

I am interested

EmmaE OP June 10th, 2023

@courageousThinker2777

Thats awesome! Please find the application forms above in the original post. I hope to see you soon!

HassanSyed June 10th, 2023

I'VE APPLIED!

dapperLunch1747 June 11th, 2023

I am going through something like that and would love to help in any way I can know. Trust me, I know the feeling.

arya06blink June 11th, 2023

Yes I am here

MeaningfulSilence June 12th, 2023

@EmmaE

Hello there EmmaE !

It would be nice to join to offer support to this community!

Thanks for having promptly posted about it, hope to see you there 😄

seashell145 June 13th, 2023

@EmmaE

I have applied Emma! <3

windy111 June 17th, 2023

How can I become a listener? Is there a procedure that I need to look into? I'm eager to help people out by listening to them and I'm quite experienced in that as well. Kindly let me know how I can contribute.

EmmaE OP June 17th, 2023

@Rainer11

Hi there!

I’m so glad to hear that you’re interested in becoming a listener. You can do so here: https://www.7cups.com/listener/become-a-volunteer-listener.php

pamharley003 February 11th

@EmmaE

As someone who suffers from depression I would like to join the team in the adult even teen side to further assist in helping our members 

EmmaE OP February 12th

@pamharley003

Hi! I would absolutely love to have you on the team. Please feel free to apply ❤️